FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 4, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #6,152 of 7,931
It would be interesting to get a roll call for people who actually use the Blue Nozzle on a consistent basis. I tried it and quickly moved on. I'd be happy with a nozzle that provided a bit darker sound but not to the extreme the Blue Nozzle goes to.

I did like the blue nozzle i just wanted slightly more bass weight to the sound and don't like green , gold is quite treble harsh for me so, its either gunmetal or blue.

Mar 4, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #6,153 of 7,931

I did like the blue nozzle i just wanted slightly more bass weight to the sound and don't like green , gold is quite treble harsh for me so, its either gunmetal or blue.

I was kind of surprised by this factoid; Forrest informs me that the gunmetal actually has more treble than the gold.  I suppose it has less mid frequency energy so the treble seems more subdued to me even though it apparently is not.

Another factoid; pop out the small washer in the blue nozzle and voila, you have an extra green nozzle in terms of sound spectrum.

Mar 4, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #6,154 of 7,931
I was kind of surprised by this factoid; Forrest informs me that the gunmetal actually has more treble than the gold.  I suppose it has less mid frequency energy so the treble seems more subdued to me even though it apparently is not.

Another factoid; pop out the small washer in the blue nozzle and voila, you have an extra green nozzle in terms of sound spectrum.

Yes, gray nozzle definitely has more treble energy than the gold nozzle. Gold has more upper mids...

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #6,155 of 7,931
I loved the gold nozzle for a long time, but after using some other IEM's, Phonak PFE and RHA T20, for a while, the gold sounded a little congested and rolled off, now I like the gunmetal much more. It also have something to do with the break in which Forrest has mentioned. Who knows, maybe I'll make it to green someday, I don't think they're as overly bright as some do.

Mar 9, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #6,159 of 7,931
How long is the factory warranty? I purchased the FLC8S from lendmeurears in December 2015 and been listening fairly frequently since then at moderate volumes. The bass in the left IEM blew out. I wanted to find out if I would still be able to file a claim under the warranty before I purchased a new pair. I love these IEMs!

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #6,160 of 7,931
How long is the factory warranty? I purchased the FLC8S from lendmeurears in December 2015 and been listening fairly frequently since then at moderate volumes. The bass in the left IEM blew out. I wanted to find out if I would still be able to file a claim under the warranty before I purchased a new pair. I love these IEMs!

It's one year but let Forrest know about your issue. forrestwei@163.com

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #6,161 of 7,931
Anyone attending Canjam Singapore tomorrow and Sunday, feel free to share Celeste impressions here. It'll be at the Lend Me Ur Ears booth. Pics appreciated too. Thanks!

Mar 10, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #6,163 of 7,931
I just received mine and they sound so good compared to the cheap jlabs that I have been using. I will be using them without a DAC until my iFi micro iDSD BL arrives on Monday, but I am already much happier with them. Now to sift through this thread and see most common combinations. 

Mar 10, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #6,164 of 7,931
I've been reading up on these a lot and they sound just what I'm looking for. How would these be as a direct upgrade from re 400s?

My main headphones are senn hd 650's with a little dot mk iii, I'm looking for something a little different from the 650s but still with a smooth treble. Any comparisons would be great.

Mar 10, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #6,165 of 7,931
I loved the gold nozzle for a long time, but after using some other IEM's, Phonak PFE and RHA T20, for a while, the gold sounded a little congested and rolled off, now I like the gunmetal much more. It also have something to do with the break in which Forrest has mentioned. Who knows, maybe I'll make it to green someday, I don't think they're as overly bright as some do.

Yeah, the red - gray - gunmetal does remind a bit of my old Phonak PFE pair also.

Really liking this configuration lately.  It does not jump out and grab you, just gives a nice mellow sound to just about everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back