FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jan 5, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #5,881 of 7,931

Just tried out the grey-none-black/gunmetal combination and was suddenly greeted by a whole new iem. The clarity is now stunning, and the sound is much more... Bodied. There's a new thickness to it.

i've gone from red-grey-gold, to grey-grey-gold, to grey-grey-green and now, grey-none-grey and I like every single one. It's like onwing 6 iems, except it's $320 and all in one.

Told you so :) Try clear instead of grey ULF. For me personally the grey ULF has bothered me a bit because it just rumbles, not as refined. It kind of leeches into mid bass region. This is all YMMV depending on tip and source though.

Once you get used to the no LF filter, you can't go back because everything will sound somewhat congested and lacking bass impact. I suggest the black filter not to leak much noise in public.

and with grey  none black ...you mean with grey the shiny plastic one...same as red shiny, black shiny?

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #5,882 of 7,931

The SGAudiohive Laboriosa Silver Cable has arrived.
Taking out the stock cable was kinda tricky. They were on pretty tight, so I had to slide my nails in between the connectors and the FLC8S to pry them out.
The Laboriosa connectors, however, were perfect fits. They just slid into the FLC8S with just enough resistance to feel secure.
Now onto the important part. Are there any microphonics with this new cable?
There is none. Zilch. Nada. It's pretty much gone. Took a short walk and couldn't notice any at all.
The only two nitpicks I have is the build quality(good but not perfect e.g. there were some clear blobs of glue on the pins) and how tight the wooden ball cinch is.
Other than those two issues, I'm pretty glad I made the jump.

It is a beautiful looking cable :)
Would you share the sonic-change impression of this cable relatives to original cable and same filters configuration?

Just tried out the grey-none-black/gunmetal combination and was suddenly greeted by a whole new iem. The clarity is now stunning, and the sound is much more... Bodied. There's a new thickness to it.

i've gone from red-grey-gold, to grey-grey-gold, to grey-grey-green and now, grey-none-grey and I like every single one. It's like onwing 6 iems, except it's $320 and all in one.

Told you so :) Try clear instead of grey ULF. For me personally the grey ULF has bothered me a bit because it just rumbles, not as refined. It kind of leeches into mid bass region. This is all YMMV depending on tip and source though.

Once you get used to the no LF filter, you can't go back because everything will sound somewhat congested and lacking bass impact. I suggest the black filter not to leak much noise in public.

I've read this configuration for some times now, will try it out tonight :)
But I wonder if the "none" at LF results in the max amount of mid bass?

I use to listening this iem in its mighty-popular configuration i.e. red-grey-gold.
Might as well utilizing its real power of sound customization now :wink:

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #5,884 of 7,931
  Looks beautiful :)

The SGAudiohive Laboriosa Silver Cable has arrived.
Taking out the stock cable was kinda tricky. They were on pretty tight, so I had to slide my nails in between the connectors and the FLC8S to pry them out.
The Laboriosa connectors, however, were perfect fits. They just slid into the FLC8S with just enough resistance to feel secure.
Now onto the important part. Are there any microphonics with this new cable?
There is none. Zilch. Nada. It's pretty much gone. Took a short walk and couldn't notice any at all.
The only two nitpicks I have is the build quality(good but not perfect e.g. there were some clear blobs of glue on the pins) and how tight the wooden ball cinch is.
Other than those two issues, I'm pretty glad I made the jump.

Looks great, I´m on for a set. How are the sonic improvements, if any? Thanks in advance for your impressions.

Jan 6, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #5,885 of 7,931

Would you share the sonic-change impression of this cable relatives to original cable and same filters configuration?

Looks great, I´m on for a set. How are the sonic improvements, if any? Thanks in advance for your impressions.

Hmm... I'm not really good at describing sound, but let me try my best.
Using Grey>Clear>Gunmetal while listening to "Arcadia" by Asami Imai, the silver cable sounds clearer and more open. Female Vocals feels more forward and Bass is also more controlled. Not too sure about the treble for me to make a statement about it.
Really sorry if this doesn't really explain much. 
redface.gif

One thing to note though, this cable is definitely heavier then the stock cable.

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #5,888 of 7,931

Hmm... I'm not really good at describing sound, but let me try my best.
Using Grey>Clear>Gunmetal while listening to "Arcadia" by Asami Imai, the silver cable sounds clearer and more open. Female Vocals feels more forward and Bass is also more controlled. Not too sure about the treble for me to make a statement about it.
Really sorry if this doesn't really explain much. 
redface.gif

One thing to note though, this cable is definitely heavier then the stock cable.

That´s already of help, thanks a lot! Keep them coming :)

Jan 6, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #5,890 of 7,931

I've read this configuration for some times now, will try it out tonight :)
But I wonder if the "none" at LF results in the max amount of mid bass?

I use to listening this iem in its mighty-popular configuration i.e. red-grey-gold.
Might as well utilizing its real power of sound customization now :wink:

It does and Brooko measured it. It doesn't tell the whole story though. Surprisingly, no LF filter results in better clarity throughout the whole spectrum. It just adds warmth and impact, definitely not recommended for neutral seekers. Personally, this config is much more engaging and fun for me.

Jan 7, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #5,891 of 7,931
Just got these like 5 minutes ago. I fiddled with the filters and am waiting to burn them in as I have heard these need some burn in time.

I instantly changed the to the red filters, followed by grey and then finally gold.

Does anyone else use these combinations?

I accidentally tried the green and boy were they harsh. 

Jan 7, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #5,895 of 7,931

Users who are viewing this thread

Back