FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jun 11, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #4,186 of 7,931
I guess its the fit problems then. When pressing in i get good bass response

I found trying a smalle tip size helped me get a better fit with FLC8S. For instance, I typically use medium tips, but with FLC8S I'm using the next size down (medium-small). This helps me get a deeper, more secure fit with a good seal with less work.

Jun 11, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #4,188 of 7,931
I found trying a smalle tip size helped me get a better fit with FLC8S. For instance, I typically use medium tips, but with FLC8S I'm using the next size down (medium-small). This helps me get a deeper, more secure fit with a good seal with less work.

Agreed.  Initially the bigger sizes felt like they provided better seal, but they tend to pop out of your ear after a while.  Especially with these eartips.

Jun 11, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #4,191 of 7,931
OMG the bass on these things is amazing with the red and grey combo. Seriously, this is end game bass for me. Makes me wonder what popular "bass head" iem's sound like.

End game bass can be found here.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/761433/the-best-iems-for-bass-are-basshead-iems

Not to take away anything away from the FLC8S. Just don't want you being misguided by the idea that the FLC8S is as good as it gets in the bass department.

Jun 12, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #4,192 of 7,931
So I've found a defect in my FLC8S that is clearly responsible for my ULF filters popping out of the left monitor. I've lost two today alone, one of which I was unable to find and is now gone for good. If you look closely at the ports next to the nozzles you will see that they have rubber gaskets inside of their rims, to seal the air pressure and prevent the filters from coming loose. My left monitor has no visible gasket because it appears to have popped itself inside of the IEM. The rubber material inside of the monitor's body prevents the filter from entering fully, and there is no seal around it; ergo, the filter juts out from the monitor. I can press it flush with my finger but the moment I let go it immediately pops partially back out. There is no way I can even try to fix this without risking damage to the IEMs.

I have taken multiple high-definition photographs of the ports both individually and side by side, as well as how they look with their respective filters in place; however, I am currently on vacation and all I have are my cellphone and tablet. I'm not sure how I'll upload the pictures at the moment. I'll try to figure that out ASAP, for proof.

I don't know how this happened. I'm not a wealthy man and I baby my IEMs. These were a present for graduating with my Master's degree. For me, this is a huge loss--especially since I'm two hundred miles from home and now I can't even fall asleep listening to my music. Tonight my soundtrack is sadness. If anyone reading this works for FLC or knows someone who does, please help me! My wife purchased these from Lend Me UR Ears, fulfilled via Amazon. They're the first defective IEMs I've ever owned and I loved them dearly while they worked. I need someone to help me out and make this right. It would mean a hell of a lot to me.

:frowning2:

Jun 12, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #4,193 of 7,931
So I've found a defect in my FLC8S that is clearly responsible for my ULF filters popping out of the left monitor. I've lost two today alone, one of which I was unable to find and is now gone for good. If you look closely at the ports next to the nozzles you will see that they have rubber gaskets inside of their rims, to seal the air pressure and prevent the filters from coming loose. My left monitor has no visible gasket because it appears to have popped itself inside of the IEM. The rubber material inside of the monitor's body prevents the filter from entering fully, and there is no seal around it; ergo, the filter juts out from the monitor. I can press it flush with my finger but the moment I let go it immediately pops partially back out. There is no way I can even try to fix this without risking damage to the IEMs.

I have taken multiple high-definition photographs of the ports both individually and side by side, as well as how they look with their respective filters in place; however, I am currently on vacation and all I have are my cellphone and tablet. I'm not sure how I'll upload the pictures at the moment. I'll try to figure that out ASAP, for proof.

I don't know how this happened. I'm not a wealthy man and I baby my IEMs. These were a present for graduating with my Master's degree. For me, this is a huge loss--especially since I'm two hundred miles from home and now I can't even fall asleep listening to my music. Tonight my soundtrack is sadness. If anyone reading this works for FLC or knows someone who does, please help me! My wife purchased these from Lend Me UR Ears, fulfilled via Amazon. They're the first defective IEMs I've ever owned and I loved them dearly while they worked. I need someone to help me out and make this right. It would mean a hell of a lot to me.

frown.gif

I'm sorry to hear that mate.. Maybe
@Flcforrestwei could help you with this.
redface.gif

Jun 12, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #4,195 of 7,931

:frowning2:

I'm sorry for the issue, would you please send some pictures to me? forrestwei@163.com

Thanks!

Forrest

Jun 12, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #4,196 of 7,931
Does anyone here know where to get meelectronics double flange eartips in singapore?

I think you're on the right track, trying to improve the seal. You might try Crystal foam tips from Lend Me UR Ears, located in Singapore. Supremely comfortable and soft and easy to get a good seal. Doesn't dull the treble like Comply. I know some Cowon DAP's used to have a problem with rolling off the bass due to a capacitor in the signal path, I assume they've fixed this in their new flagship players.

Jun 12, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #4,197 of 7,931

I know some Cowon DAP's used to have a problem with rolling off the bass due to a capacitor in the signal path, I assume they've fixed this in their new flagship players.

Yeah, their more recent releases come with a cap-less output/signal path that fortunately does not cause any roll-off in the bass anymore at all when connecting low impedance in-ears.

Jun 13, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #4,198 of 7,931
I'm sorry for the issue, would you please send some pictures to me? forrestwei@163.com

Thanks!

Forrest

Forrest, in case you missed it somehow I have already emailed you the pictures; however, I forgot to add my forum name to the email, which was addressed from Andrew D*******.

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #4,199 of 7,931
I bought a flc 8s couple days ago and found the cable is wierd, i really want to change the cable. I saw this one's on sale on amazon, will it work ?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D77KEEK/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1465868437&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=tf10+cable#nav-search-keywords
And i saw a flc 8s silver cable is selling on amazon, so that one's better than the original one ?
Last ome, any suggestions for a basshead setup ?
sry for my english not good

Jun 13, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #4,200 of 7,931
I bought a flc 8s couple days ago and found the cable is wierd, i really want to change the cable. I saw this one's on sale on amazon, will it work ?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D77KEEK/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1465868437&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=tf10+cable#nav-search-keywords
And i saw a flc 8s silver cable is selling on amazon, so that one's better than the original one ?
Last ome, any suggestions for a basshead setup ?
sry for my english not good

Welcome~ :D
Tbh, the stock cable is pretty good already.
Have not tried the silver cable so can't really comment on it.
Bass head I think is black, red and gold? Not really sure..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back