FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jun 5, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #4,096 of 7,931
  Wait wut?There is foam lining in the case?! 
confused.gif

They updated the hard case - a friend of mine decided to buy the FLC8S and it came with the new case as well. Makes it one of the best cases for IEMs I've seen.

Jun 5, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #4,098 of 7,931
Does using different filters config while burning in gives different result?

No - and I'd be surprised if burn-in changes these at all.  You'll get more change from the tips you use, and the insertion depth.

Jun 5, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #4,100 of 7,931
I see. Thanks. Will i benefit from spinfit tip sonically btw?

From what Ive read from this thread ,the stock tips are on of the best if not THE best

Jun 5, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #4,101 of 7,931

If you have some SpinFit laying around, you should give them a try. Tip choice is very personal and anatomy-dependent. If you do try, let us know what you think.

For me, I'm still happily using the stock tips.

Jun 5, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #4,103 of 7,931
From what Ive read from this thread ,the stock tips are on of the best if not THE best

Then you haven't read EVERY post in this thread :wink:

I found the stock tips didn't fit quite comfortably. My current preference is MEE Audio's double-flanged tip and JVC's Spiral Dot. Everyone will have their own fit preferences.

Jun 5, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #4,104 of 7,931
Then you haven't read EVERY post in this thread
wink.gif

I found the stock tips didn't fit quite comfortably. My current preference is MEE Audio's double-flanged tip and JVC's Spiral Dot. Everyone will have their own fit preferences.

only a handful of people have the Mee Audio double flange. I have to agree on the JVC spirals though, quite a number of people like the fit, myself included :wink:

Jun 5, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #4,105 of 7,931
Does anyone know how well these compete against an iem such as the fitear togo 334?  I read a couple hundred pages back on this thread that they're technically superior to the shure se846 and at least on par with the akg k3003? Or did I read it wrong? After some extensive searching these might be it, but I wanna be completely sure. Any input would be nice. :)

Jun 5, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #4,106 of 7,931

That depends on your ear canals (anatomy).  it always amuses me when people say (with authority) that a certain tip will do this or that - eg Comply cutting or dulling the treble. In my experience go with whatever tip gives you the best combination of comfort and seal. I love the idea of Spin-fits, but they rarely if ever, give me a seal in both ears. I commonly use foam or Sony Isolation tips most of the time.  My advice is to experiment until you eventually find something that works for you. Ignore what everyone else says - your anatomy is unique.

Jun 5, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #4,107 of 7,931
That depends on your ear canals (anatomy).  it always amuses me when people say (with authority) that a certain tip will do this or that - eg Comply cutting or dulling the treble. In my experience go with whatever tip gives you the best combination of comfort and seal. I love the idea of Spin-fits, but they rarely if ever, give me a seal in both ears. I commonly use foam or Sony Isolation tips most of the time.  My advice is to experiment until you eventually find something that works for you. Ignore what everyone else says - your anatomy is unique.

This is a fantastic answer. Unlike a great many people I abhor Comply foam tips; not only are they uncomfortable, but they make everything I listen to feel congested and muted--even when I roll back the opening "the right way" before insertion. My right ear opening is slightly larger than my left, so when using Spiral Dots I tend to run medium on the left, large in the right. For comfort and seal, nothing quite tops SpinFits for me.

There are no algorithms to tip rolling: use whatever feels and sounds great to you. There is far too much subjectivity involved in hearing.

Jun 5, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #4,108 of 7,931

The spinfit kinda of hard to get it fit to the nozzle as the opening was quite small. Plus I never like spinfit's silicon. Too flimsy. It keep collapse in my ear.
But when I do get a seal is pretty good. But I have to adjust like 8/10 times to get the right seal. Too much hassle. Plus it doest isolate that well due to the silicone being too thin.

I would actually wan them to make a spinfit tip with Ostry 100-300 kind of silicone on it. It would be awesome :D
Again, everything is subjective there as everyone have different ear anatomy.
So, BETTER to test out every tip find the one that suits you well.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 5, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #4,109 of 7,931
The spinfit kinda of hard to get it fit to the nozzle as the opening was quite small. Plus I never like spinfit's silicon. Too flimsy. It keep collapse in my ear.

But when I do get a seal is pretty good. But I have to adjust like 8/10 times to get the right seal. Too much hassle. Plus it doest isolate that well due to the silicone being too thin.

I would actually wan them to make a spinfit tip with Ostry 100-300 kind of silicone on it. It would be awesome :D

Again, everything is subjective there as everyone have different ear anatomy.

So, BETTER to test out every tip find the one that suits you well. :rolleyes:

Thank you all.

Jun 5, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #4,110 of 7,931
I'm still a bit surprised there hasn't been any talk about Custom FLC8 version, besides what I have mentioned awhile back (I searched through the thread, unless I missed it?).  Based on the info I received from Teo, it should be already available, down to pricing of customization options.  But either way.  I just posted my detailed FLC8 Custom review on THL, and in a week or so will post it officially on HF, though I'm not even sure if it should go under a regular FLC8S or create a new entry in HF database.

Either way, for those who are interested, you can check it out here: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/flc-technology-flc8-custom-in-ear-monitor-review/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back