FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Feb 6, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #1,726 of 7,931
OT WARNING!!!

Just curious. How do you like iP6S+ as a source?

I like it. I think the 5S has been the best sounding iPhone I've heard but the 6S+ is pretty darn good. I think it has 3 ohms OI, so you have be careful on matching with some iems. The FLC8S and Q-Jays are unfazed by it though. Modern iPhones have all sounded great since the 4.

Feb 6, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #1,728 of 7,931
Huh, I definitely didn't experience that with the red filters. I admit I am turning into a fit of a bass head but red-gray-gold still seems a bit of a distance from a bass head tuning. Haven't tried red-black-gold as it might push the bass into the mids, which I also dislike. I will also try your suggested configuration. I expect I will find it bass light for my preference, but that's why you play the game, right?

I didn't experience that too, till I listen to the new combo.
regular_smile .gif
The IEM sounds cleaner and clearer. Concerning bass, no, there's still PLENTY of bass with the "none" config. No filter gives you as much bass quantity as black filter. Just keeps things cleaner, but what makes the huge difference is the elimination of the red filter. I'm still not sure if I'm using the clear ULF filter or the one next to it, because 1 pair is missing. They don't look exactly clear to me, but not sure.

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #1,730 of 7,931
So I stumbled upon flc8s thanks to Paulus XII. I was wondering if these are the go to IEMs for value in the $300 price range. I've been considering dn2000, 2000j, er4 and this as an upgrade to dn1000 for more neutrality and quality separation, soundstage along with detailed bass,mids, and highs extended well throughout. One important thing for me is air/brightness in treble without being too sibilant. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Feb 7, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #1,731 of 7,931
So I stumbled upon flc8s thanks to @Paulus XII. I was wondering if these are the go to IEMs for value in the $300 price range. I've been considering dn2000, 2000j, er4 and this as an upgrade to dn1000 for more neutrality and quality separation, soundstage along with detailed bass,mids, and highs extended well throughout. One important thing for me is air/brightness in treble without being too sibilant. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I don't think the FLC is anywhere near sibilant.. But Still wait for other user's opinion =)

Dam.. My FLC is back..But country's my post office is close for like 5 days..
frown.gif
 I miss it dearly..

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #1,732 of 7,931
They've been designed to reduce the effects of sibilance. In practice I find that sibilant recordings will still have the extended sound but the sharpness or resonance is mostly reduced.
In general these are forgiving of harshness in recordings, I like that I can push the volume for a favored track without having to worry if certain parts will be piercing. 

Feb 7, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #1,733 of 7,931
They've been designed to reduce the effects of sibilance. In practice I find that sibilant recordings will still have the extended sound but the sharpness or resonance is mostly reduced.
In general these are forgiving of harshness in recordings, I like that I can push the volume for a favored track without having to worry if certain parts will be piercing. 

How is the air on them?

I don't think the FLC is anywhere near sibilant.. But Still wait for other user's opinion =)

Dam.. My FLC is back..But country's my post office is close for like 5 days..:frowning2:  I miss it dearly..

I am also waiting on a package, but its closed :frowning2:

Feb 7, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #1,735 of 7,931
So I stumbled upon flc8s thanks to Paulus XII. I was wondering if these are the go to IEMs for value in the $300 price range. I've been considering dn2000, 2000j, er4 and this as an upgrade to dn1000 for more neutrality and quality separation, soundstage along with detailed bass,mids, and highs extended well throughout. One important thing for me is air/brightness in treble without being too sibilant. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think the FLC8S is definitely a strong contender as the best value in this price range. It's sound signature is just as you described that you're looking for. Of course, you also have the tuning options. They definitely do not tend to be sibilant. I have a couple recordings where the vocals are extremely sibilant, to the point that they are piercing on a lot of IEM's and headphones and speakers. There is still some sibilance with the FLC but it is greatly reduced. I believe there is a cut in the response at the frequency where ssss and tttt sounds get spitty and harsh. The treble extension is still excellent and detailed and airy. They are both analytical and musical. Other contenders for best value would include RHA T20, Oriveti Primacy,MEE Pinnacle, PSB M4U4 among others.
The T20 is the only one of these I have heard. It's a very good choice as well, the FLC is both a little livelier and a little more forgiving. It has a little more extension at both ends. Both are very detailed but still easy to listen to. The others I mentioned have the reputation of being smooth but still decent detail wise

Feb 7, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #1,736 of 7,931
I didn't experience that too, till I listen to the new combo.
regular_smile%20.gif
The IEM sounds cleaner and clearer. Concerning bass, no, there's still PLENTY of bass with the "none" config. No filter gives you as much bass quantity as black filter. Just keeps things cleaner, but what makes the huge difference is the elimination of the red filter. I'm still not sure if I'm using the clear ULF filter or the one next to it, because 1 pair is missing. They don't look exactly clear to me, but not sure.

I think you are using the clear ULF filter. It's kind of a light gray. The others are dark black and the red. Did they arrive missing the filters? If so I would be asking to be made whole. Also as you may know LMUE has replacement sets available for a reasonable cost, no container for them though. I ordered a spare set and some crystal tips, just in case. I haven't had a chance to try your configuration yet, I want to get very familiar with what I'm using now first. Frankly, it's hard to see how it could be improved, but I will definitely give it a shot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back