Flashlight-Fi (LED & Conventional)
May 10, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #376 of 828

Quote:

I have never cleaned it.  It goes to maximum brightness and dims after a few seconds or minutes.  I can get it to maximum again by switching it off and on.  It might be the circuit causing the problem.

Yes, you might be right, but it may still be a simple matter of cleaning and lubing the threads.  Why not call their customer support, which is very good in my experience, btw, and describe the problem to them.  They will give you an RMA if the light is defective.

May 10, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #377 of 828
Since you're in OZ, you may consider using Skype for your call.  About 2 cents a minute.  Or if you have a local dealer, that's first option anyway.
Best of luck!

May 10, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #378 of 828

Thanks kwkarth.  In the meantime I might get Fenix PD20.  
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #379 of 828

Quote:

I have never cleaned it.  It goes to maximum brightness and dims after a few seconds or minutes.  I can get it to maximum again by switching it off and on.  It might be the circuit causing the problem.

Yeah sounds like it.

Are you using both primaries and rechargables?

-Ed

May 11, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #380 of 828
May 12, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #381 of 828

Quote:
At the same time???  
blink.gif
confused.gif
confused_face_2.gif
wink_face.gif

LOL, well if it were a two cell light, that would be a disaster. 
basshead.gif

I meant does he switched back and forth between them.

I find my Saint Minimus does not seem to like 3.6V Lithium Ion cells when they get low.  I think it trips some kind of protection circuit as it won't turn on with a freshly charged cell.  I have to put a 3V primary CR123A in, power it up, then put a rechargeable in.

-Ed

May 12, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #382 of 828

It takes a single cr123 and I don't have a rechargeable to try.  The good news is that I have ordered a Fenix PD20.  
biggrin.gif

Its functions are quite similar to Quark 123.  I wonder what's its build quality is like though.

May 13, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #384 of 828

Quote:

It takes a single cr123 and I don't have a rechargeable to try.  The good news is that I have ordered a Fenix PD20.  
biggrin.gif

Its functions are quite similar to Quark 123.  I wonder what's its build quality is like though.

Build quality between Fenix and 4Sevens is very comparable.  If you like one, you'll like the other.

May 19, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #385 of 828
Nooz flash!

I was at Sears the other night with my wife, who was looking for some sewing machine parts.  I spied the flashlights, and wandered over, to see the usual stuff, including the new LED Maglights, and that is exciting enough, but there were also drop-in LED replacements for conventional flashlight lamps.  Just the lamp now, not the entire assembly.  They were about $15, so we bought one, took it home, and I dropped it into a double-D-cell Maglight.  Slick. The fit is excellent, the beam is bright & beautiful, and it still focuses.  I'll be upgrading our other Maglight soon.  Note that this a Sears item.

Also for sale there was a 220 lumen flashlight, for only about $30, but my enthusiasm waned when I saw that it was rechargeable.

May 19, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #386 of 828
I've got 2 220 Lumen rechargeable lights (one Fenix and one Streamlight) and they last a long time.

I changed over all of my AA Maglights to LED with on/off click switches, but didn't know that they had one for my Double-D!

May 20, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #387 of 828
I'll be bringing at least two flashlights to CanJam, for anyone that would be interested.  They're two that I EDC anyways.  One's my Surefire L4 modded by Arcmania with a 15W Ostar.  It's hella bright at it's brightest setting and burns through batteries quickly.  
cool.gif
  The other is  an Arcmania Extreme III Cree version, my favorite AAA powered light.

-Ed

May 21, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #389 of 828
Fenix PD20 is not bad at all.  The exterior is very smooth to hold and its switch is solid.  The light is white unlike my Quark 123 which has a tint of yellow, but I could easily live with either tint.  The only thing I dislike is the clip but it can be removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back