Flashlight-Fi (LED & Conventional)
Apr 26, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #361 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by n00b /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone excited about the new reflectored headlamps from Zebralight?

H31w looks goooood

Yup!

Apr 26, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #362 of 828
haha yeah i'm kinda disappointed it got pushed back til this weekend, my birthday is on wednesday
frown.gif

hopefully it has a keychain attachment point a la h30 so i can replace the QMini123 on my keychain for some hands-free lighting. such a versatile light!

Apr 27, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #363 of 828
Hi all.

I've been lurking this thread for a while without posting.

I have been a flashightaholic for many years. Maglight made a ton of cash from me as a kid.

I just recieved my Fenix PD10Ti. What a gem of an EDC.

Any other owners of that one here?

Regards

Sceptre

Apr 29, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #364 of 828
I've started my own flashlight collection over the past year. It first started with a little keychain light called the Photon Micro Light II...and then another for each set of keys... Followed by a Fenix L2D & P3D on clearance from 4sevens.com....and finally the Streamlight Microstream penlight & keymate titanium.

May 6, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #368 of 828
May 6, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #369 of 828
My most recent acquisition is the Surefire Saint Minimus.  I had the regular Saint, but never had to use the big battery box.

Love it's ergonomics and the rotary brightness control. 

My gripes are the beam quality (pretty nasty Cree X-RE beam though the TIR optics), but I suppose it's a good compromise between distance and close up use.  And the lowest setting is still pretty bright.  I would prefer the brightness curve to be larger.

May 6, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #370 of 828

Quote:
My most recent acquisition is the Surefire Saint Minimus.  I had the regular Saint, but never had to use the big battery box.

Love it's ergonomics and the rotary brightness control. 

My gripes are the beam quality (pretty nasty Cree X-RE beam though the TIR optics), but I suppose it's a good compromise between distance and close up use.  And the lowest setting is still pretty bright.  I would prefer the brightness curve to be larger.

I've been fairly happy with the Fenix HP-10 for an all purpose headlamp, although I do like the size and UI in the SF Saint Minimus, I haven't sprung for one of those yet.

May 6, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #371 of 828
I really like the lightweight and balance of the Saint Minimus.  And being a glasses wearer as well, I've had no real problems with glare shining through the top of my glasses, as the Saint sticks out just far enough.

-Ed

May 9, 2010 at 10:57 AM Post #372 of 828
My Quark 123 R2 edition is getting dimmer even with new batteries.  I suspect it's the light because the batteries worked fine with other lights.  Does anyone have similar problem ?

May 9, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #373 of 828

Quote:
My Quark 123 R2 edition is getting dimmer even with new batteries.  I suspect it's the light because the batteries worked fine with other lights.  Does anyone have similar problem ?

When is the last time you cleaned and lubed the threads and other contacts?  That will make ALL the difference in the world.

May 10, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #375 of 828

Quote:
When is the last time you cleaned and lubed the threads and other contacts?  That will make ALL the difference in the world. have

I have never cleaned it.  It goes to maximum brightness and dims after a few seconds or minutes.  I can get it to maximum again by switching it off and on.  It might be the circuit causing the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back