Flashlight-Fi (LED & Conventional)
Aug 22, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #406 of 828
Picked up an nice little flashlight at a local outfitter's a couple of weeks back with my quarterly customer dividend:

Nebo AT10D (looks like from the printing on the side). For $10, its not a bad EDC flashlight at all and throws a lot of light very clearly.

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #407 of 828

Quote:
I just added a Fenix LD20 R4 to my collection. So far I'm loving it. Anyone else have one?

Just ordered an LD10 R4 before I leave for college.  Somehow convinced my dad that a high-quality flashlight was crucial to studying.  (Not that it doesn't help... but crucial isn't really probably very accurate :))

Aug 23, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #408 of 828

Quote:
Just ordered an LD10 R4 before I leave for college.  Somehow convinced my dad that a high-quality flashlight was crucial to studying.  (Not that it doesn't help... but crucial isn't really probably very accurate :))

Looks like a really nice pocket flashlight. I'm sure you're be as thrilled as I am with my LD20. I just might order one to replace my Streamlight Microstream I carry with me at all times. Let me know how you like it :) 

Aug 25, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #409 of 828
Got a Fenix LD01 last week and I am amazed by the power. Also got a LT1 - LT2 from fenix and LD01 is definitely comparable.. and it works with 1 aaa!

Nov 25, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #411 of 828
My newest addition is a Nitecore Ex11.  It has similar build quality as Ex10 except it's a bit smaller.  This comes with 200 lumen brightness.  I have never experienced any problems with Nitecore torches so I have faith in this one.  It's a replacement for a faulty Fenix.  

Nov 25, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #412 of 828
I have a couple of Olights around here...a good small flashlight is worth several sets of headphones when you are suddenly in the dark.
eek.gif

Dec 4, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #413 of 828
Quark AA^2, Neutral white, tactical.
Nitecore D10, ramping UI, I added an XP-G R4 neutral emitter to replace the stock cool white XP-E R2.
My EDC is a maratac AAA.

These are all the lights I really care about, I have some others though. Thinking about getting the new HDS systems clicky light whenever it comes out.

I got the D10 over the D11 because A)I like the UI a lot better, the new one is just stupid and B)the new ones have awful (2.5+mA) parasitic drain with alkaline or NiMH batteries.

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #414 of 828
Received my 2 Zebralight a few days ago. a H51w and a H51f.  Have a H51 coming in a few days so I am pretty set with my headlamps.
I use them mainly for work when I need to work in the datacenter and see ports and read off labels etc and also for around the place looking for items.

Love the Zebralight. Small and easy to use.  The UI and the light levels are nice.  It is bright and last a long time running on 1 AA.  It is also very comfortable too. You don't have something hard imprinting itself on your forehead.  I also think it is very clean looking.

I have other lights, a few Energizer Hard case headlamp (Jockstrap type) and flashlights and some other like the Stanley Tripod thingy etc etc

I also bought 2 Smith & Wesson Galaxy Elite light from woot a few weeks back.

Trying to resist the temptation to buy the Fenix TK50.  Probably will give in and get it, but I am counting on my need to buy adapter for my Eneloop batteries will help me hold out just a bit longer...

Jan 10, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #415 of 828

Quote:
Quote:

Looks like a really nice pocket flashlight. I'm sure you're be as thrilled as I am with my LD20. I just might order one to replace my Streamlight Microstream I carry with me at all times. Let me know how you like it :) 

It's been amazing.  I think at some point I'm going to order another flashlight just for the hell of it.  My carry feels lopsided since I've got a Benchmade 557S and Fenix LD10R4 in my left front pocket and nothing on the right... perhaps an LD20

Jan 17, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #416 of 828

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's been amazing.  I think at some point I'm going to order another flashlight just for the hell of it.  My carry feels lopsided since I've got a Benchmade 557S and Fenix LD10R4 in my left front pocket and nothing on the right... perhaps an LD20

How about a quark AA^2? It can do a few things the fenix can't. :wink: 

Jan 22, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #417 of 828
So it looks! I'm waiting on a check in the mail and I may consider it.  I ended up spending surplus funds on late christmas presents for friends since they arrived back on campus with presents for me @_@

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How about a quark AA^2? It can do a few things the fenix can't. :wink: 

Jan 23, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #419 of 828

Quote:
Not the latest or greatest, but it has served me faithfully without breaking down, my Surefire A2 Aviator (the one with the regulated incan)
biggrin.gif

The A2 is absolutely a true classic in photonic torch history.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #420 of 828
I've been playing with my Fenix TK-50 :)   Love the more retro look ( It does feel like you can hit someone with it) and it throws deceivingly far.

I also received my 3rd zebralight, a H51

Users who are viewing this thread

Back