Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jul 12, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #1,217 of 3,098
Ok, my R2A is in the trade forum as predicted. They are better off with someone that will use them.

Edit: Traded.

Jul 12, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #1,218 of 3,098
Since everyone is raving about the spin fits I may give them a try. How do the sizes compare to comply? If one is between a small and medium that would be perfect. Smalls are more comfortable but I have to get the placed just right for a good seal. The mediums seal perfect every time, but after an hour or so the get a little uncomfortable.

Jul 12, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #1,219 of 3,098
I'm about to get rid of all my other phones.. The R2Pro is that good. However I’ve realized that you need very good rips of your music collection.. otherwise you’re gonna hear lots of noise and bloated music, which may be why some are not enjoying their R2 like I am.. I never thought the day will come when I’m gonna replace my EX1000.. Gosh.. But the gulf between them is great enough to make me not want to go back.. Ymmv

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #1,221 of 3,098
smily_headphones1.gif
Hype aside, My R2as arrive tomorrow and I'm excited. I don't go by others impressions simply because I don't have "audiophile / corksniffers" ears. Most of the time, if  self professed Audiophiles like them, they will simply sound "MEH" to me. I judge for myself by these stringent standards: Either I like them or I don't. But I'm pretty sure if JIMMY PAGE loves them, I will as well.

Seeing as how there is only minimal differences in sound Quality between High Res players I will be using the Fiio X3ii with an E12 amp, which I feel is a superb set up. If they sound like crap with these, then something is wrong.

I will honestly let you know my impressions OOTB and with Sufficient (Min. 200Hrs) BURN-IN. You can rely on it. Off the git-go I can tell you I will most likely change eartips as Complys generally have never worked for me. They seem to dampen the sound too much.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jul 12, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #1,223 of 3,098
Can't get a good seal on my right ear except with the L comply. Though it gets a little uncomfortable after a while because they seem a little too big and it feels like they are pushing themselves out on their own. Has anyone tried crystal tips?

Listened to some system of a down the other day and thought What is that crackling in the chorus of the song radio/video. Thought the r2s can't keep up with all that's going on. Turns out it's in the recording. Now I hear it even on other phones and speakers -_-

Jul 12, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #1,226 of 3,098
Just put my R2As up for sale at cost price - if anyone in UK wants them, let me know. You can even collect from me tomorrow in central London if you want them quick.

Just cant justify the price at the moment - they sound good but I don't really need them.

Jul 12, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #1,227 of 3,098
cool.gif
Not to stir a hornets nest as to whether or not you believe in Burn In, but I suggest if the Bass seems to be overwhelming, that you put them in a Drawer with an MP3 Player for 200 Hrs. or so of punishment for sounding so bad.

When you take them out for good behavior I would be willing to bet the Farm they will be of a much better attitude......

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #1,228 of 3,098
:cool: Not to stir a hornets nest as to whether or not you believe in Burn In, but I suggest if the Bass seems to be overwhelming, that you put them in a Drawer with an MP3 Player for 200 Hrs. or so of punishment for sounding so bad.

When you take them out for good behavior I would be willing to bet the Farm they will be of a much better attitude......

:cool: :cool: TWIN

Did you notice any changes earlier than at the 200 hour mark?

Jul 12, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #1,229 of 3,098
I'm about to get rid of all my other phones.. The R2Pro is that good. However I’ve realized that you need very good rips of your music collection.. otherwise you’re gonna hear lots of noise and bloated music, which may be why some are not enjoying their R2 like I am.. I never thought the day will come when I’m gonna replace my EX1000.. Gosh.. But the gulf between them is great enough to make me not want to go back.. Ymmv

willing to sell me your Ex1000? 

Jul 13, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #1,230 of 3,098
Spinfit with Comply™ hybrid, do-it-yourself version.
tongue_smile.gif

Basically you just have cut the Comply by 5 milimeters in full doughnut form horizontally after removing the hard core, and then just put it on spinfit from the back.

I think this tips reduce the 'sheen' on the upper-mid/lower-treble while still remaining the airiness from the silicone tips, best of both world. I'm using Ocharaku spinfit M and comply tx-200 M (that comes with R2Pro) in this photo. The L comply also fits with this mode nicely, but it keeps pushing the spinfit out of my ears. This one works well.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back