Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jul 11, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #1,194 of 3,098
E07K charging. Rubber case nice. Can`t remember the E17 having one.

Jul 11, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #1,199 of 3,098
Well the E07K is a super little amp, clear and not bass heavy.

Knocked the treble to -2 and helped the Flares greatly but now I know what is annoying me, male vocals. 
A/B`d John Dever - you fill up my senses and Hozier - Take me to church with my W4 and SD3. No comparison to both either the W4 or SD3. The Flare has a weird metallic edge/falseness to the vocal which the others do not.

This also reminded me just how good the SD3 is.

Maybe the summary is the R2A just doesn`t like being fed from a 2nd Gen Ipod touch / BH or E07K amp.
My R2A`s will be in the relevant forum tomorrow and will start off with trade. I`ll throw in a pair of Spiral Dot`s (L)

Jul 11, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #1,200 of 3,098
  Well the E07K is a super little amp, clear and not bass heavy.

Knocked the treble to -2 and helped the Flares greatly but now I know what is annoying me, male vocals. 
A/B`d John Dever - you fill up my senses and Hozier - Take me to church with my W4 and SD3. No comparison to both either the W4 or SD3. The Flare has a weird metallic edge/falseness to the vocal which the others do not.

This also reminded me just how good the SD3 is.

Maybe the summary is the R2A just doesn`t like being fed from a 2nd Gen Ipod touch / BH or E07K amp.
My R2A`s will be in the relevant forum tomorrow and will start off with trade. I`ll throw in a pair of Spiral Dot`s (L)

How do the Ortofon tips compare to the stock Comply tips? I read that you found the Ortofon tips on the R2A to have the best results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back