Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jul 10, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #1,172 of 3,098
I know this might get in the way of the hype train but does anybody else feel the R2A's bass might be a little too emphasized/big?

I haven't had enough time with these to form a completely coherent opinion but so far I'm feeling they're not close in sound quality to my multi-BA driver customs.

Jul 10, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #1,174 of 3,098
Me and my mate Stanley Knife got there eventually...

Yeah the simple black splitter is caged in that steel breeze block. Now it is free to breathe.

nice work!

soooo are they sounding better with or without splitters attached? :wink: :p hahah

Jul 10, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #1,175 of 3,098
  I know this might get in the way of the hype train but does anybody else feel the R2A's bass might be a little too emphasized/big?

I haven't had enough time with these to form a completely coherent opinion but so far I'm feeling they're not close in sound quality to my multi-BA driver customs.

I`m with you in general. We seem to be the only 2 that doesn`t find the sound close to another iem in our possession.

Have a FiiO e07K coming tomorrow then if no improvement going in sale/trade forum.

Jul 10, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #1,176 of 3,098
R2Pro arrived today
I'm in the bath
Bath is cold

Jul 11, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #1,180 of 3,098
I think they R2As require a bit of juice to shine. From my HTC one m8, they don't get loud enough for my knackered old ears.

But I managed to dig out a little Fiio E6 and man that makes a world of difference. Now the R2s sound beautiful - clear as a bell, awesome balance from top to bottom, just sounds perfect to me.

Anyway, gonna give these things more ear time for sure. After swapping the Comply for silicone tips and removing that insane splitter, I am more convinced than before.

Still very dubious of build quality though. The cable seems so flimsy. If this is the same cable that is on the Pros, then that's way too much money to be asking for such a thin wire and lack of strain relief or angled jack. Even for the RRP of the R2A it is far too dodgy.

Jul 11, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #1,181 of 3,098
I think they R2As require a bit of juice to shine. From my HTC one m8, they don't get loud enough for my knackered old ears.

But I managed to dig out a little Fiio E6 and man that makes a world of difference. Now the R2s sound beautiful - clear as a bell, awesome balance from top to bottom, just sounds perfect to me.

Anyway, gonna give these things more ear time for sure. After swapping the Comply for silicone tips and removing that insane splitter, I am more convinced than before.

Still very dubious of build quality though. The cable seems so flimsy. If this is the same cable that is on the Pros, then that's way too much money to be asking for such a thin wire and lack of strain relief or angled jack. Even for the RRP of the R2A it is far too dodgy.

I'm feeling partial agreement with you.  Build quality (the cable and the splitter) is questionable.  Accessories are minimal and insufficient; especially considering that most every silicone tip I've tried has been superior to the one set of ill-fitting Complys included in the box.

Sound quality is very good but I find the bass is a little too forward and pumped up making many songs feel unbalanced.  This is a good but flawed IEM for the Kickstarter price.  Unlike the reviewer who compared these favourably to the JH13Pro I can't say they compete well.  Still for the Kickstarter price it's not fair to ask them to.

Jul 11, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #1,182 of 3,098
I'm feeling partial agreement with you.  Build quality (the cable and the splitter) is questionable.  Accessories are minimal and insufficient; especially considering that most every silicone tip I've tried has been superior to the one set of ill-fitting Complys included in the box.

Sound quality is very good but I find the bass is a little too forward and pumped up making many songs feel unbalanced.  This is a good but flawed IEM for the Kickstarter price.  Unlike the reviewer who compared these favourably to the JH13Pro I can't say they compete well.  Still for the Kickstarter price it's not fair to ask them to.

So do you mean it worth the Kickstarter price but if compare with other price earphones in the marketing, R2A have no enough advantage ?

Jul 11, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #1,183 of 3,098
  I`m with you in general. We seem to be the only 2 that doesn`t find the sound close to another iem in our possession.

Have a FiiO e07K coming tomorrow then if no improvement going in sale/trade forum.

Fiio e07k is one of the most mediocre-sounding Fiio product in my opinion. As in, I really dislike them. Too thick for my taste.
I think that pairing will just drive your R2 to the sale forum instead of improving them.

Jul 11, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #1,184 of 3,098

Fiio e07k is one of the most mediocre-sounding Fiio product in my opinion. As in, I really dislike them. Too thick for my taste.
I think that pairing will just drive your R2 to the sale forum instead of improving them.

That`s the plan, a thicker sound to try and tame that metallic treble I hear in more tracks than not. I don`t need the E07K, had and liked the E17 but don`t want to spend a fair bit of money to try and something work better for me when I have 2 iems that work brilliantly with my setup.

Lets see hey. I would trade instead of sale but it is very very much on the cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back