Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jul 11, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #1,201 of 3,098

How do the Ortofon tips compare to the stock Comply tips? I read that you found the Ortofon tips on the R2A to have the best results.

Orto tips give you a better stage and clarity.

Jul 11, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #1,203 of 3,098
  is there a specific size for the connection for the silicone or will any of the ortofon, spinfit work? 

Unless someone can correct me, standard size. I would have thought spinfits were the same Spiral dots etc.

Jul 11, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #1,204 of 3,098
Its strange to me to see so much negative feedback on these. Maybe they're very source particular, but out of my Alien and Geekout they sound very good and I'm not hearing any of the treble issues people are complaining about. Maybe I don't have ToTL equipment to compare to but these do very well in reference to the Aurisonic Rockets, the Focal Spirit Pros and the Mikros 90s. 

Jul 11, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #1,205 of 3,098
I agree, but my thoughts are that they simply reveal the music as it's meant to be heard. They really do make all the other headphones I have heard sound artificial and fake. What really impressed me about the R2A is the speed, they are one step ahead all the time, effortless. Whoever said they get muddled in an earlier post is well off the mark, they eat the most tricky track for breakfast. I love mine, going to start tip rolling tonight because the comply are too fiddly.

Jul 11, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #1,207 of 3,098
It's probably more a case of them not meeting peoples' reeeally high expectations than anything else.

When you are expecting a level of sound which is competing with high end customs (from reviews), yes quite correct. What is more alarming is for me is that they are miles away from what I have already (non customs)

Jul 11, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #1,208 of 3,098
As I said before, I don't think the R2a are all that great directly from smartphone - in my case htc one m8. They just don't get loud enough and sound dull and boring.

But with an amp in tow - even one as humble as this little Fiio E6 - I am playing some choice Miles as I type this and wow, just sounds effortless and natural. Same for other types of music I have tried.

P.s. So glad I removed that tombstone splitter. What were they thinking?

Jul 11, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #1,209 of 3,098
Thanks for everyones help so far, looking at the spinfit & ortofon tips i can see a couple model for the spinfit CP100 or CP800 and for the ortofon EQ5 and EQ7.  Which model would be best and has anyone a link preferably in the UK to buy.  If not uk anywhere that will post here?

Jul 11, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #1,210 of 3,098
Thanks for everyones help so far, looking at the spinfit & ortofon tips i can see a couple model for the spinfit CP100 or CP800 and for the ortofon EQ5 and EQ7.  Which model would be best and has anyone a link preferably in the UK to buy.  If not uk anywhere that will post here?

http://www.head-fi.org/content/type/61/id/1243472/

The CP series is the SpinFit Muse version, the Saroundbi RD-01 Donguri is the Japanese version

Jul 12, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #1,215 of 3,098
Be careful if you try the Ortofon tips they are smaller than any other I have seen for the same rated sizes. Example: there large would be the equal of medium in almost all other brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back