Flare Audio – FLARES® – (R2.x successor) KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN
Jun 26, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #361 of 544
While I am not using the BT module from Flare, I can say that running BT on my phone (HTC 10) appears to take less battery power than running my headphones directly. Seems quite similar to enabling Wi-Fi on my phone.

I am still on the edge about these, in fact, it is the BT module that is keeping me interested. Just waiting for more feedback from owners.
I do not expect a high level of customer service from Flare based on previous user posts. Hopefully, things have improved.

Jun 26, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #363 of 544
Are the new Audiophile memory foam tips much more comfortable than the regular Comply tips? I find Comply tips kind of scratchy, would the audiophile foam tips be softer and less scratchy?

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #365 of 544
I don't think there was a miscommunication or something going on at Flare. I specifically asked for the aluminum closed version and they said no plan for it.

Sure, but his answer is such that it doesn't make sense... unless he didn't read your question that was specifically asking about Ali models.

it looks like he answerEd what he thought you'd asked, not what you did ask.

Jun 27, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #366 of 544
Are the new Audiophile memory foam tips much more comfortable than the regular Comply tips? I find Comply tips kind of scratchy, would the audiophile foam tips be softer and less scratchy?

The foam they use for their other tips is very similar, if not the same, as InAirs's tips. Been using those on my R2Pros - lot less scratchy and actually a bit better sounding to my ears, tiny bit more open.

Jun 27, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #367 of 544
Sure, but his answer is such that it doesn't make sense... unless he didn't read your question that was specifically asking about Ali models.

it looks like he answerEd what he thought you'd asked, not what you did ask.

Looks like there's a confusion here. The answer we read here on the forum was to my question. @sodesuka asked by his own and it looks like he obtained a second negative. Different stories. Am i wrong?

Jun 28, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #369 of 544
Having read about the torn foam tips, I had been very careful not to pull the "audiophile foam" tip when putting it on the ear piece. Still, after less than two weeks' of use, both tips have fall apart. I have to resort to the silicone tips that have less highs, veiled mids and less definition in the bass. Even when the new foams are available, it will be meaningless to buy them at a high price and which allows for 2 weeks' use per pair.

Jun 28, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #370 of 544
I haven't even used the foam tips out of fear of them disintegrating. Been using spinfit with moldable silicone earplug, you can also put the moldable in Flares' silicone tips and probably get similar sound with the foam ones without the negative, but I like the sound from spinfit more.

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #371 of 544
Been using the foam tips from day 1, around 2 weeks with no issues although I haven't removed them to try any others.

These earphones continue to impress me on a daily basis, they sound better as they burn in, bass gets more refined as the hours clock up on them. Not normally a big believer in burn in but do hear a difference with these after a period of time.

Jun 30, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #372 of 544
I haven't even used the foam tips out of fear of them disintegrating. Been using spinfit with moldable silicone earplug, you can also put the moldable in Flares' silicone tips and probably get similar sound with the foam ones without the negative, but I like the sound from spinfit more.
Thanks for sharing. I tried Spinfit last night. The mids and highs got clearer and the bass was less booming. Overall the sound is more balanced and neutral than using original silicone tips and I quite like it, though the Audiophile foam seems to have more dynamics and texture in the bass department.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #373 of 544
Thanks for your advice. I tried Spinfit last night. The mids and highs got clearer and the bass was less booming. Overall the sound is more balanced and neutral than using original silicone tips and I quite like it, though the Audiophile foam seems to have more dynamics and texture in the bass department.
Thanks. I might give SpinFit a try. What's the model number please?
Someone mentioned InAir a while back. Same question, which model please?
As I have mentioned, I'm getting good results with Crystal Tips, medium bore size.

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #375 of 544
Thanks for sharing. I tried Spinfit last night. The mids and highs got clearer and the bass was less booming. Overall the sound is more balanced and neutral than using original silicone tips and I quite like it, though the Audiophile foam seems to have more dynamics and texture in the bass department.
Yeah, I find that you have to have your ear canals covered to get the full quality and quantity of bass with Flares IEM (was the same with R2), so you either want to use spinfit with foam inserted (like those mandarines tips), or with moldable silicone earplug, practically making it like custom sleeves

GewMm4s.jpg

You can get 6 pairs of moldable earplugs for $5 https://www.amazon.com/Macks-pair-Pillow-Soft-Plugs/dp/B007P8CZS0 only need a pair to cover both ears fully, or half a pair if you only need them to fill the spinfit/eartips.

In my experience, it gives me the best of both world, very nice mids and high with textured bass and for some reason, very good headstage. Waaay more comfortable than foam too since they don't expand once they're set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back