:flag_sg: CanJam Singapore 2016 (20 February - 21 February)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 17, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #319 of 732
Tickets bought, hype escalating.

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #325 of 732
I have to hand it to the North American exhibitors - that's a serious plane trip unless they can wangle a stopover in Hawaii or Tokyo. No idea what the temp is at the front door of ALO Audio at the moment, but I'm guessing Hawaii and Singapore must seem like very good alternatives right now  :wink:

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #326 of 732
  I have to hand it to the North American exhibitors - that's a serious plane trip unless they can wangle a stopover in Hawaii or Tokyo. No idea what the temp is at the front door of ALO Audio at the moment, but I'm guessing Hawaii and Singapore must seem like very good alternatives right now  :wink:

Haha SG is 30+*C all day, err'day.

Dec 31, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #327 of 732

Haha SG is 30+*C all day, err'day.

Until the week before Xmas, I could have made the same claim of Darwin. The monsoon moved down from the Philippines and we had some uncharacteristically wet and miserable days and nights - 25 deg C. I know you have a wet season up there, but a 30 deg downpour would be like someone throwing a bucket of water on you in a sauna .....

Dec 31, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #328 of 732
  Until the week before Xmas, I could have made the same claim of Darwin. The monsoon moved down from the Philippines and we had some uncharacteristically wet and miserable days and nights - 25 deg C. I know you have a wet season up there, but a 30 deg downpour would be like someone throwing a bucket of water on you in a sauna .....

Try 33 to 34, but with humidity levels that make it feel like it's 40, all year long. That's Singapore. You're either soaked from rain, or soaked from sweat. Nothing in between. Worst thing is, the powers that be have this green thing going (basically trying to cover up the fact that they're stingy) so most train stations, underground walkways and malls have their air-conditioning turned way down, which means there's no respite from the putrid humidity even when you move indoors.

Dec 31, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #329 of 732
Try 33 to 34, but with humidity levels that make it feel like it's 40, all year long. That's Singapore. You're either soaked from rain, or soaked from sweat. Nothing in between. Worst thing is, the powers that be have this green thing going (basically trying to cover up the fact that they're stingy) so most train stations, underground walkways and malls have their air-conditioning turned way down, which means there's no respite from the putrid humidity even when you move indoors.

Singapore is still ok, I found Bangkok much more difficult, with the heat and humidity. And I'm from round these parts :p

Dec 31, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #330 of 732
Singapore is still ok, I found Bangkok much more difficult, with the heat and humidity. And I'm from round these parts
tongue.gif

Well, I didn't intend on singling Singapore out (except for the miserly air-conditioning at public places) in particular. Same would apply to most Southeast Asian concrete jungles. Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, etc. They're all like the insides of a brazen bull. I ride a motorcycle (as a hobby, not for transport) and simply can't stand riding during the daytime in this region. Tried a trackday at Sepang when I first moved here, and it was brutal. Felt like the exact opposite of wind chill, meaning like you're in front of a giant hair dryer set to "max hot" when on a bike. Now I only ride once the sun goes down, usually around midnight.

This is what I don't get about the human race. We can send people to the moon, yet can't figure out how to build a giant climate control device to cover then entire planet keeping it at a constant 17C all year. Bloody useless species. No wonder aliens don't even bother visiting us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back