:flag_sg: CanJam Singapore 2016 (20 February - 21 February)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #347 of 732
Perhaps the organizer and local people can inform me:
1) Is there free wi-fi at the venue?
2) Is there alternative food stall/fast food joint nearby the venue (more affordable than hotel restaurants)?

Thanks

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #348 of 732
  Perhaps the organizer and local people can inform me:
1) Is there free wi-fi at the venue?
2) Is there alternative food stall/fast food joint nearby the venue (more affordable than hotel restaurants)?

Thanks

Can't tell you about 1, but for item 2, for sure. There's loads of stuff to eat nearby, and Singapore isn't huge like Jakarta, even if you want to travel a bit to get stuff, still easy as it's all well connected with the MRT. Hawker food centers, that's where it's at, why go all the way to Singapore and eat hotel food 
tongue.gif

Jan 6, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #349 of 732
  Can't tell you about 1, but for item 2, for sure. There's loads of stuff to eat nearby, and Singapore isn't huge like Jakarta, even if you want to travel a bit to get stuff, still easy as it's all well connected with the MRT. Hawker food centers, that's where it's at, why go all the way to Singapore and eat hotel food 
tongue.gif

Thanks. I googled and there is makansutra gluttons bay nearby, and there are three malls surrounding the hotel.

Jan 6, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #350 of 732
Thanks. I googled and there is makansutra gluttons bay nearby, and there are three malls surrounding the hotel.

For sure you won't go hungry in Singapore. For wi-fi, not like Jakarta where you get free access everywhere, the best bet is "ngopi" at Starbucks.

If needs help just do a shoutout as I am sure many will be willing to recommend you places to feed your hungry soul. Glutton By The Bay only opens at night if I am not mistaken. :slight_smile:

Jan 8, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #351 of 732
For sure you won't go hungry in Singapore. For wi-fi, not like Jakarta where you get free access everywhere, the best bet is "ngopi" at Starbucks.

If needs help just do a shoutout as I am sure many will be willing to recommend you places to feed your hungry soul. Glutton By The Bay only opens at night if I am not mistaken. :slight_smile:

any good accommodation for a low budget folk like me, i currently booked a backpackers near kallang, but i think it's quite far from the expo zone

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #352 of 732
any good accommodation for a low budget folk like me, i currently booked a backpackers near kallang, but i think it's quite far from the expo zone

Kallang / Geylang is stone throw away from the expo / Suntec area. Just couple of MRT stops away. If you can share your budget, I am sure some of us can recommend some places for you. Alternatively, you can check out website like www.asiatravel.com. Or use the hotel $$$ for some new toys at the expo :nerd:

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #353 of 732
Kallang / Geylang is stone throw away from the expo / Suntec area. Just couple of MRT stops away. If you can share your budget, I am sure some of us can recommend some places for you. Alternatively, you can check out website like www.asiatravel.com. Or use the hotel $$$ for some new toys at the expo :nerd:

currently locked on joyfor backpackers, but i am not familiar with Singapore so only worried on staying in the "cold zone" that has literally no POI

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #354 of 732
currently locked on joyfor backpackers, but i am not familiar with Singapore so only worried on staying in the "cold zone" that has literally no POI

Just googled joyfor and that area is really "joyfor" men zone especially in the evening...you won't go hungry as Geylang got plenty of good local food. As you know, Singapore is very small and very safe, any POI can be easily accessible with our public transports.

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #355 of 732
Just googled joyfor and that area is really "joyfor" men zone especially in the evening...you won't go hungry as Geylang got plenty of good local food. As you know, Singapore is very small and very safe, any POI can be easily accessible with our public transports.

oh i will be hungry, for babes, food, music and attractions

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #356 of 732
oh i will be hungry, for babes, food, music and attractions

Not sure that I would describe the female inhabitants of Geylang as 'babes' and you might be happier in BKK if nightlife is your priority. Dont even get me started on the price of alcohol in Singapore, although the would-be upscale nightclubs in many Asian cities are now just as bad (Jakarta leading the way, IMO). Singapore is a city where 'sorry for your wallet' applies, the upside being that Geylang is probably the safest red-light district I've ever stayed in. That said, I'd avoid flashing Tag Heuer watches and diamond-encrusted iPhones when you wander down the street to get some noodles  :wink:

Jan 9, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #357 of 732

Not sure that I would describe the female inhabitants of Geylang as 'babes' and you might be happier in BKK if nightlife is your priority. Dont even get me started on the price of alcohol in Singapore, although the would-be upscale nightclubs in many Asian cities are now just as bad (Jakarta leading the way, IMO). Singapore is a city where 'sorry for your wallet' applies, the upside being that Geylang is probably the safest red-light district I've ever stayed in. That said, I'd avoid flashing Tag Heuer watches and diamond-encrusted iPhones when you wander down the street to get some noodles  :wink:

i picked joyfor for the sole reason of morning wake ups to a green scenery, i hate opening up the window and see a dead white wall, yish, thats a mood killer

Jan 9, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #358 of 732
i picked joyfor for the sole reason of morning wake ups to a green scenery, i hate opening up the window and see a dead white wall, yish, thats a mood killer

When are you heading down? I'm probably going to be heading out on the morning itself. And will be staying in the hotel, so dead white walls are very likely :p

Jan 9, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #359 of 732
When are you heading down? I'm probably going to be heading out on the morning itself. And will be staying in the hotel, so dead white walls are very likely :p

I've seen the Google Street view and it is facing a scenery, I'm there on 19th using airasia

Jan 10, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #360 of 732
Hey guys! If you guys are looking for food around Pan Pacific hotel area (where Canjam is going to be held), my recommendation is to head towards Marina Square shopping centre or Suntec City mall.  Avoid Glutton by the Bay because it's an overpriced place with bad representation of what good Singapore food should be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back