:flag_sg: CanJam Singapore 2016 (20 February - 21 February)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #331 of 732
This is what I don't get about the human race. We can send people to the moon, yet can't figure out how to build a giant climate control device to cover then entire planet keeping it at a constant 17C all year. Bloody useless species. No wonder aliens don't even bother visiting us.

Well there's something to be said for variety, eh? I've travelled pretty extensively in Asia, Oceania and Europe, and still love experiencing the differences (good and bad). What's the point if everywhere is exactly the same as home?

Dec 31, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #332 of 732
Well there's something to be said for variety, eh? I've travelled pretty extensively in Asia, Oceania and Europe, and still love experiencing the differences (good and bad). What's the point if everywhere is exactly the same as home?

Dude, I meant that as a joke. Chill.

Oh wait, forgot we can't chill in this weather.

Dec 31, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #333 of 732

Dude, I meant that as a joke. Chill.

Oh wait, forgot we can't chill in this weather.

At least I can, at home where I still have full control of the air conditioner 
tongue.gif

Edit: Also, have a good New Year's, all future attendees

Jan 1, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #335 of 732
We used to have these endless debates on every Thai-expat forum I've ever been on - Chiang Mai/Chiang Rai vs central and southern Thailand (think Malaysia's climate) - but I'll take the sauna over anything resembling a Winter. In any case, those flying into Singapore from a northern Winter will undoubtedly fall in love with the city : the whole 'city within a garden' claim actually rings true for me despite the  population pressures. Compare the cab ride from the airport into the Singapore CBD to something like KLIA->Bukit Bintang or Soekharno-Hatta->central Jakarta : even though the latter is closer to my current home than Singapore, I wouldnt even consider a CanJam Jakarta (no offence to Indonesian Head-Fiers, but I gave up when Bandung ceased to be a getaway and became just another satellite) . Difficult to imagine what that city will be like by 2030 ....  :frowning2:

'Green' push or no, Singaporeans have a lot to be proud of in terms of the impression their city makes on new arrivals.

Jan 3, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #336 of 732
i wonder what currency will they be selling at? USD or SGD? hmm

Jan 3, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #338 of 732
The logical answer would seem to be SGD.

i had this question cause the folks are international big "kaki", and they might prefer a universal currency

Jan 3, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #339 of 732
The Singapore dollar is quite universal :rage:

Jan 3, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #340 of 732
I think they may accept both but most may prefer USD. We all know the prices of most of the items on sale and most of them in USD. There may be times where discrepencies between prices in the currencies can cause arguments

Jan 3, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #342 of 732
Hi, I'm new to the audio world.
Can someone give me a brief explanation on what can I expect from attending this event?
will there be discounts on all products?
I just made a custom ciem and should be finished by the mid of this month. And currently eye-ing on getting the Chord Mojo for a 'student friendly' price.
Is this the event I should be attending to get the Mojo?
Thanks in advance :)

Jan 3, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #343 of 732
Jan 3, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #344 of 732
isn't there tax refunds for tourists?

Yes, just ask for the GST refund receipt during payment. There is a refund counter at the airport.

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #345 of 732
Eligibility and how to get your GST (Goods & Services Tax ... or VAT equivalent) refunded.

http://www.yoursingapore.com/about-singapore/traveller-information/tourist-tax-refund.html

I think if you are buying from a local agent/distributor ... you can likely get a GST refund (if the shop is GST registered and paying GST). If you are getting straight from the manufacturer flying in for the show without a representative here, I'm not entirely sure you can get a GST refund since they don't pay GST in the first place.

BTW, Welcome to Sunny Singapore ... in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back