:flag_gb: CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #272 of 433

Wow !

A new headphones...

Is it an improved version of the Audeze LCD3? 
wink.gif

Kennerton Odin

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #274 of 433
Good surprise for me on the CanJam, 

The great DT 1770 Pro on combo with the Amplifier A2 by Beyerdynamic

The DT 1770 pro will be talked, good noise insulation, finish, strength, very good price 599€ annouced in Europe ! When the amp A2 is coupled with the remarkable 1770 the combo is very nice ! 

The MrSpeaker Ether closed MAMAMILLA ... Just the price in Europe in annouced for 1900€ ! For me the closed is better than open ... 

The JDS Labs Element, good transparency , balanced for any music style, integrated dac/amp, low price for me is very very good product ! 

The feliks Audio Espressivo, OOOHHH 300€ in Europe realy ..? great great great ... 

To end my options, in-ear Echobox "Titanium"

Sep 3, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #277 of 433
  Yep I think Eric is a bit of an evangelist for Kennerton (has one on pre-order I think)
wink_face.gif

Not to be rude at all, but is he affiliated with Kennerton? he is promoting them quite hard.

edit: I understand passion for a product, but a lot of his posts read like advertisements.

Sep 3, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #278 of 433
Not to be rude at all, but is he affiliated with Kennerton? he is promoting them quite hard.  
edit: I understand passion for a product, but a lot of his posts read like advertisements.

Actually I have no idea but I agree his posts could certainly be interpreted that way. I'm doing a bit of digging on the Odins as I think they could be a very interesting prospect but currently most discussion out there is on the French forum that Eric frequents (comments are mostly very positive from some prolific posters). The cans definitely need to reach the hands of some regulars on HF so we can see (hear) what's what.  I've reached out to Kennerton to see if they're interested.

Sep 3, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #279 of 433

Actually I have no idea but I agree his posts could certainly be interpreted that way. I'm doing a bit of digging on the Odins as I think they could be a very interesting prospect but currently most discussion out there is on the French forum that Eric frequents (comments are mostly very positive from some prolific posters). The cans definitely need to reach the hands of some regulars on HF so we can see (hear) what's what.  I've reached out to Kennerton to see if they're interested.

I know for a fact that Eric65 is not affiliated to Kennerton or any society. His favorite HeadPh. are LCD3F and (were) SR009.
Neither am I, by the way… I had the opportunity to try the Odin at home and have it compared with my own favorite HP: old AKG K1000, Float PS-II, Ergo AMT, more recent HD800 and HE6. IMHO, for my taste and for what I know Odin headphones better than HE6 and HD800, as plaisant as the Float and the AMT for the mids with much more extension in the bass. Comparing to the K1000 is more difficult: much more extension in bass range for the Odin (no surprise!) but maybe a better clarity for the AKG, and of course its amazing (to me) sound stage…
I also remember having the Abyss at home for a trial and noticed a kind of "dullness" (in french: "matité"), in higher mids that I didn't have with the Odin: if I had the chance to have both Odin and Abyss for trial, I would probably prefer the Kennerton

B.r. 
smile.gif

Sep 3, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #281 of 433
Ah a fellow Jecklin Float PS-II and Ergo AMT user
How do you power your AMT, dedicated Ergo amplifier or speaker amplifier with transformer.
I've been trying to improve the bass output of the AMT with different arrangements but find it lacks really deep bass as gets a little distorted with say a pipe organ.
The Jecklin I find its presentation quite unique in headphones nothing else quite like it IME. 
Have you heard the new Float QA now manufactured by Quad-Musik in Germany?

Quote:
  I had the opportunity to try the Odin at home and have it compared with my own favorite HP: old AKG K1000, Float PS-II, Ergo AMT, more recent HD800 and HE6. IMHO, for my taste and for what I know Odin headphones better than HE6 and HD800, as plaisant as the Float and the AMT for the mids with much more extension in the bass. Comparing to the K1000 is more difficult: much more extension in bass range for the Odin (no surprise!) but maybe a better clarity for the AKG, and of course its amazing (to me) sound stage…

B.r. 
smile.gif

Sep 3, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #282 of 433
Ah a fellow Jecklin Float PS-II and Ergo AMT user
How do you power your AMT, dedicated Ergo amplifier or speaker amplifier with transformer.
I've been trying to improve the bass output of the AMT with different arrangements but find it lacks really deep bass as gets a little distorted with say a pipe organ.
The Jecklin I find its presentation quite unique in headphones nothing else quite like it IME. 
Have you heard the new Float QA now manufactured by Quad-Musik in Germany

Float and Ergo are both powered by a pair of dynavox EL34 amplifiers, the first one via it's PS-II energizer and the second one via Ergo AMT impedancer.
In this configuration, AMT has its bass range a little improved — but of course, as for the Float, it's not it's best……

I had an occasion for a little trial with the QA but couldn't compare it with Float or AMT: great impression! 
smile.gif

Sep 3, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #284 of 433
So what was your opinion of the Float QA, improved bass over the Jecklin?
The new Float QA transformer can be used with the PS-II and i'm informed much improves performance.
You might be interested in this event?  
 http://www.head-fi.org/t/779602/quad-fest-2015-19th-and-20th-of-september-the-next-quadfest-will-take-place-at-quad-musikwiedergabe-in-gering-highlands-eifel

Quote:
  I had an occasion for a little trial with the QA but couldn't compare it with Float or AMT: great impression! 
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back