[FIXED/BROKEN] Can't easily type text bellow a quote?
Sep 30, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #16 of 35
Correct!
For a split second the | cursor appear below the quote, then jump up to this placement.

screenshot20100930at182.png

The only way to get it lower (outside the box) is to edit through source.

Edit:
Same issue regardless if I use version 2.0.4 (latest release) or 2.1a1pre (test build). Even if I start with a fresh Camino profile.

So should be reproducible.

Oct 12, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #17 of 35
Please FIX this!
Still broken in Camino - my favorite browser. No such issues until the forum update a couple of weeks back...

angry_face.gif

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #22 of 35
It might have been fixed, as it automatically inserted a paragraph for me the last time I quoted someone, but if not, this is how to get in below the quote, though it's tedious:

Click on the "Source" button. 
Go to the very bottom, and at the very end, add the following: <p></p>
Click on the "Source" button again and you'll be able to click below the quote box to enter text.

If you're going to use the quote button from the toolbar in the editor, it's a good idea to hit enter/return a few times in the text box then click back higher/to the top so the quote box doesn't end up at the very bottom, after all the paragraphs.

Oct 19, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #23 of 35
Another week without a fix!
Regressions like this one seriously harm the usability. I am really close to asking for my account to be deleted!

Grrr ! !

Oct 19, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #24 of 35

Quote:
Another week without a fix!
Regressions like this one seriously harm the usability. I am really close to asking for my account to be deleted!

Grrr ! !

pretty please dont ask for your account to be deleted. headfi would be devoid of so much quality content without you.

Oct 19, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #25 of 35
pretty please dont ask for your account to be deleted. headfi would be devoid of so much quality content without you.

Ok, fair enough!
Guess I just have to stay clear - or magically loose my login password.

Oct 20, 2010 at 7:06 AM Post #27 of 35
Quote:
Please FIX this!
Still broken in Camino - my favorite browser. No such issues until the forum update a couple of weeks back...

angry_face.gif

krmathis, I just posted this from Camino 2.0.4, and it works for me.

For everyone on Firefox, try updating to version 3.6.11 (which was released yesterday), and this should fix this problem, if you're still experiencing it.

Oct 20, 2010 at 7:19 AM Post #28 of 35

Quote:

For everyone on Firefox, try updating to version 3.6.11 (which was released yesterday), and this should fix this problem, if you're still experiencing it.

I can see the cursor again in Firefox while typing in the Reply box and both types of quoting now put in a paragraph below the quote box, so it's working here.

Oct 20, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #29 of 35

Quote:

For everyone on Firefox, try updating to version 3.6.11 (which was released yesterday), and this should fix this problem, if you're still experiencing it.Weid, cause this is what it looks like when I click "Quote", click to get to the bottom, then type. Camino 2.0.4 on a brand-spanking-new user account on my Mac

Oct 20, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #30 of 35
Kai, I've been running Seamonkey on my MacBook. It's a variation of Mozilla/FireFox tuned for OS X. I don't have any trouble typing below quotes with Seamonkey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back