FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Jun 26, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #2,806 of 4,896
Quote:
Thanks for sharing kkcc and the cables look great.  Being to the music heaven site and you are right, they do offer quite a good range of cables and options.

You're welcome firefox.  Finding fitear cables are quite difficult and they are either expensive or have a VERY long lead time or BOTH  :frowning2:   just hope to provide an alternative to those who can handle buying from Taobao.

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #2,808 of 4,896
kkcc, as a relatively new player in this area, I am still pretty much into stock and thus, will probably take some time to know how changes in the wiring, tips etc. would impact the audio quality and signature.  Unfortunately there is little opportunity to be able to audition different cables here and thus, I guess it is from forums like this whereby I try to gather the views of more experience people, like yourself, in this area.  Thus it would be challenge for me to get the cables together at sites like music heaven and look for complete solutions instead.  Hope to hear review for BTG's starlight cables too.

Jun 27, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #2,809 of 4,896
kkcc, as a relatively new player in this area, I am still pretty much into stock and thus, will probably take some time to know how changes in the wiring, tips etc. would impact the audio quality and signature.  Unfortunately there is little opportunity to be able to audition different cables here and thus, I guess it is from forums like this whereby I try to gather the views of more experience people, like yourself, in this area.  Thus it would be challenge for me to get the cables together at sites like music heaven and look for complete solutions instead. Hope to hear review for BTG's starlight cables to

I'm not really that experienced but spend quite some time lurking in HF and bought and sold many good and bad gears throughout the years. Cables are sort of the last mile for me as the "returns" for dollar spent is lowest amongst various links in your system. I always put music first and only look at cables to address minor deficiency I noticed in my music. Unless you find something you want to address, upgrading the cable is not really necessary.

Will wait for ahkyar to share the BTG starlight impressions. :)

Jun 27, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #2,810 of 4,896
IIRC, Shotgunshane already post a review on the BTG Starlight cable.
Being a newbie myself, I'm afraid my review or impression will get you guys nowhere :p

Jun 27, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #2,811 of 4,896
I totally agree on the value against upgrades. It is really hard to justify at times. I started with my shure IEM, chance upon a 2nd K701 and then the ATH W1000X when in Taipei. Each purchase was very much the kind and type of audio signature I enjoyed. The purchase of the fitear is suppose to be my final purchase (I hope). Do find the rigid cables of the fitear rather bothersome. But a change of the signature from the fitear is something I hope to avoid as I like what I am hearing.

Jun 28, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #2,814 of 4,896
Quote:
I found a similar shop in Shanghai called "Listen" and they are also selling Crystal Cable products: http://erji1.taobao.com/search.htm?scid=692724496 It goes all the way up to 16,000 RMB for 8-wire version of Crystal Cable Reference. Did they become an authorized dealer like Jaben and Toxic Cables before?

Quite wary to get Crystal cable due to the fakes.... If I'm shopping for one I would definitely check with the manufacturer on their authorized dealers. 

Jul 1, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #2,816 of 4,896
Yep, good occlusion with the Ortofon tips. Worked great on a recent trip overseas. 

Jul 1, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #2,817 of 4,896
What sizes do you guys use for the Ortofon tips?
I'm between M and L size, so if I use M size, sometimes can break seal on my left ear.
If I use L size, my right ear will become uncomfortable after 30-40 minutes while my left ear will become uncomfortable pass the 1 hour mark.

Or maybe you guys have some pointers that I can try to get the most from the Ortofon tips?
Cheers

Jul 1, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #2,818 of 4,896
I'm fortunate I guess that L works great for me. 

Jul 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #2,820 of 4,896
What sizes do you guys use for the Ortofon tips?
I'm between M and L size, so if I use M size, sometimes can break seal on my left ear.
If I use L size, my right ear will become uncomfortable after 30-40 minutes while my left ear will become uncomfortable pass the 1 hour mark.

Or maybe you guys have some pointers that I can try to get the most from the Ortofon tips?
Cheers

I had the exact same issue as you. The L size ortofon barely fit into my left ear but consistent use seems to have softened them up somewhat and they are giving me a great seal. It's really ridiculous how fit dependent this iem is, it sounds so muddy and harsh with a bad fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back