FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Jun 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #2,791 of 4,896
Received an email from Brian this morning that my Starlight cable has been shipped to Singapore. Hopefully can get the cable and the Ortofon tips from MA before my 5-hours bus trip to KL next weekend. Fingers crossed

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #2,793 of 4,896
Received an email from Brian this morning that my Starlight cable has been shipped to Singapore. Hopefully can get the cable and the Ortofon tips from MA before my 5-hours bus trip to KL next weekend. Fingers crossed

Haha Akhyar I actually managed to beat you in receiving my Music Heaven balanced cable this morning! Really amazed by the responsiveness of this workshop and has to be the smoothest dealings I have ever had in buying custom cables!

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #2,794 of 4,896
Let me post some pictures of the Music Heaven cable I just received:

Unpacking

Nicely packed in a sealed re-sealable ESD bag

Overmolded Fitear connectors - very robust!

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #2,795 of 4,896
That's one sweet looking cable you have there mate. The overmolded connectors definitely looks nice and different than those fr Fitear, BTG and Alo. Something to consider for my next cable hunt, should I go down that route :p
What type of wire is the cable? Spc, Cu or Ag?

Jun 26, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #2,796 of 4,896
More pics with my FT334:

Connectors are very well built and fit perfectly with a resounding snag into the 334 housing.

Nice wooden cable split and chin strap

TRRS balanced connector for Hifiman 901.

Smooth and comfortable ear loop section

Jun 26, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #2,798 of 4,896
That's one sweet looking cable you have there mate. The overmolded connectors definitely looks nice and different than those fr Fitear, BTG and Alo. Something to consider for my next cable hunt, should I go down that route
tongue.gif

What type of wire is the cable? Spc, Cu or Ag?

Yes akhyar! This is definitely one well-built cable and vastly exceeded my expectation from a Taobao workshop that is relatively unknown outside of China. They seems to be quite established in China and offer a WIDE range of cables, interconnects, and DIY parts. I was initially wary of ordering but was really anxious to get a FITEAR cable with TRRS balanced plug to use with my FT334 and HM-901 in balanced mode. It seems the FITEAR connector is also new with this workshop while they had been making all kinds of cables/connectors for a few years already. I decided to take the plunge and is mightily impressed. I only ordered on Monday night, and received it Wednesday morning. Talk about efficiency and commitment!

Throughtout the pre-sale process the owner was online and explained to me various options in details. The one I picked finally is a mid priced silver plated copper cable as I don't want to experiment with anything more expensive. They have a range of base cable you can pick from the cheapest copper cable, to different grades of SPC, to different grades of silver (including cryo treated ones), to silver+gold, and even piccolo cable. Most of the more expensive base cable are defaulted with Viablue gold plated 3.5mm plug, but can change to others such as Oyaide, Neutrik, Connectonics (the one I picked for balanced), ALO Switchcraft, Calrad, etc. Available options are mind staggering!

Although they are pricier than your normal chinese workshop or DIY cable seller, the craftmenship, dealings, and experience is well worth the price - which is still more economical than the ALO, Whiplash etc. Will definitely look at their options again before going elsewhere for my next cable upgrade.

Jun 26, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #2,799 of 4,896
Thanks kkcc,

Don't forget to give us your impression on this cable.
I'm quite jealous that you have a cable workshop nearby that can tailor-made to your request.
biggrin.gif

Over here in Singapore, most DIYers or cable workshop tend to cater for the wider market of Westone, UE or Shure connectors.

Jun 26, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #2,800 of 4,896
Thanks kkcc,

Don't forget to give us your impression on this cable.
I'm quite jealous that you have a cable workshop nearby that can tailor-made to your request.
biggrin.gif

Over here in Singapore, most DIYers or cable workshop tend to cater for the wider market of Westone, UE or Shure connectors.

I think Music Heavan also ship international, and Taobao accept international credit cards (with a 3% service charge tho). Not sure if any language issue for non-chinese reader but I do regularly use google translate to buy from Amazon JP and Korea websites without much language issue. Payment method and shipping overseas were usually the deal-breaker but those are non-issue with Music Heavan.

Sonic wise, initial impression fit my expectation of an SPC cable. It sounded noticeably better (and is much less stiff) than the stock 001 cable which is priced similarly but I'm not sure if that's a result of the balancing, or the cable itself. It reduced the somewhat bloated mid-bass, keeping similar bass and treble extension, and expanded the soundstage horizaontally a bit. But I only spent an hour and a half over lunch hour in a Starbuck listening thus far so take it with a pinch of salt.

Jun 26, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #2,801 of 4,896

More pics with my FT334:

Connectors are very well built and fit perfectly with a resounding snag into the 334 housing.

Nice wooden cable split and chin strap

That splitter looks amazing!

I'm guessing this is a new product? I browsed through their Taobao store and haven't seen any FitEar cables so far.

Jun 26, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #2,803 of 4,896

That splitter looks amazing!

I'm guessing this is a new product? I browsed through their Taobao store and haven't seen any FitEar cables so far.

Yes it is new. You can chat up the owner to request the fitear connector. The cable I got is AE701. Might have gotten the similarly priced copper+silver ones if it was sleeved in black. The spc being in black and cheaper sway me to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back