FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Jun 14, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #2,746 of 4,896
Are these turning into a FOTM?  They're good but it feels like there is some sort of mad rush on them right now.

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #2,747 of 4,896
Quote:
Anyone know how many of these are in existence?  Are we looking at something closer to 100 or 1000?  I imagine there's a pretty substantial blind zone of ownership from the Japanese market which may dwarf the representation on this forum.

FT334 have been in existence for slightly more than a year now.  I read from before Fitear's capacity is 3 pairs a day.  So hypothetically 3x5x52= 780.  But what I'm not sure is whether the 3 per day is just for FT334 or for ALL of FItear's products.

http://www.miroc.co.jp/magazine/people/keita_suyama/ 

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #2,748 of 4,896
Quote:
Are these turning into a FOTM?  They're good but it feels like there is some sort of mad rush on them right now.

The "mad rush" had probably more to do with more head-fiers will now consider totl universals as good as customs.  I still remember my friends being very skeptical when I spend 1k+ on an universal.  But now there are many more cheaper customs and totl universals.  It seem to me many more are realizing customs does not always trumps universals and totl universals like FT334s can be a better option for many.

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #2,749 of 4,896
Gauging by this thread, didn't the mad rush on Head-fi happen around last summer/fall?  It seems people are mostly dealing with very tight distribution outside of Japan since they stopped making V1.  For a few months now every time I check Musica Acoustica and ALO they have out of stock notices.

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #2,750 of 4,896
Quote:
Gauging by this thread, didn't the mad rush on Head-fi happen around last summer/fall?  It seems people are mostly dealing with very tight distribution outside of Japan since they stopped making V1.  For a few months now every time I check Musica Acoustica and ALO they have out of stock notices.

Yes last May was probably the first time this gem is actually available outside of Japan.  The craze had been on ever since.  If anything it had died down recently (at least in HK) compared to earlier with more TOTL universals including the upcoming Shure.  I used to see 2nd hand 334 on local forums getting picked up within a couple hours before but now the posting can last a few days....

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #2,751 of 4,896
Quote:

FT334 have been in existence for slightly more than a year now.  I read from before Fitear's capacity is 3 pairs a day.  So hypothetically 3x5x52= 780.  But what I'm not sure is whether the 3 per day is just for FT334 or for ALL of FItear's products.

http://www.miroc.co.jp/magazine/people/keita_suyama/ 

I was informed by Wilson of Jaben that Fitear makes about 5 pairs of IEM and CIEM a day.
But it seems that the TG!334 are start appearing back in the retail outlets after a few months hiatus.
I've received email notification from Alo twice within 1 month apart on stock availability, but they were sold out within few hours as they seems to receive only 4 pairs per shipment.

Jun 23, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #2,752 of 4,896
Got the last pair from Uncle Wilson (Jaben Singapore) and have been burning them in since the 15 June 2013.  I have tried quite a many IEMs and headphones since I started on this audio journey some 5 years ago.  All I say is whao........
L3000.gif

Jun 23, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #2,753 of 4,896
Got the last pair from Uncle Wilson (Jaben Singapore) and have been burning them in since the 15 June 2013.  I have tried quite a many IEMs and headphones since I started on this audio journey some 5 years ago.  All I say is whao........:L3000: .

Congratz on the purchase.  The 334 also ended my IEM upgrade spree and is the single IEM I had spent the most time with sans the ER4S that I started using long long time ago. Unfortunately while I am done with upgrades, I'm still actively looking for sidegrades lol.....

Jun 23, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #2,755 of 4,896
Thanks kkcc. I currently still have my Shure 530, K701 and ATHw1000. I only change my source to the AK100 (amped with xduoo XD-01) at the end of 2012 and this also made a change to the audio quality. It was fortunate that stores like Jaben and Stereo permit audition of their range of headphones, IEMs and amps. Save me quite a bit of money! I am actually also looking at sidegrades too....starting at alternative tips.

Jun 23, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #2,756 of 4,896
Finally got some ortofon tips. I really don't notice any improvement in regards to fit or sound over stock but they are insanely comfortable!

How do you find the isolation on the Ortofon tips? I'm using V-Moda white tips and they are very comfortable but the isolation is not good as the stock black tips

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #2,757 of 4,896
I find the original tips that came with the IEMs quite good. I am currently using the smallest of the tips and it provides a good seal for my ears. But then, I am sure that there are others out there as well. I understand that comply T500 fits the Fitear 334 and will hope to try these on.

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #2,758 of 4,896
Got the last pair from Uncle Wilson (Jaben Singapore) and have been burning them in since the 15 June 2013.  I have tried quite a many IEMs and headphones since I started on this audio journey some 5 years ago.  All I say is whao........:L3000: .

Congrats on your purchase.
I bought the first pair from the batch of 5 pairs that Jaben SG received on the 9th June.
Now waiting for the BTG Starlight cable as the stock 001 cable is a bit stiff for outside use.

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #2,759 of 4,896
I find the original tips that came with the IEMs quite good. I am currently using the smallest of the tips and it provides a good seal for my ears. But then, I am sure that there are others out there as well. I understand that comply T500 fits the Fitear 334 and will hope to try these on.

IIRC, Comply's T400 and 500 will fit Fitear. I still have some T400 lying around but from my experienced on JVC FXT-90 and Shure SE215 Ltd, the Comply tips soften the treble. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back