FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Jun 9, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #2,671 of 4,896
Just got this one from Jaben Singapore.
I missed to buy 1 of the 4 pairs that landed in ALO last weekend.
I believed other retailers are starting to received the TG! in limited numbers.
The FAD was a freebie from the boss as I'm a regular there

Congrats. Knew you liked em. Now you'll get to enjoy em all the time :)

Jun 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #2,673 of 4,896
Quote:
Just got this one from Jaben Singapore.
I missed to buy 1 of the 4 pairs that landed in ALO last weekend.
I believed other retailers are starting to received the TG! in limited numbers.
The FAD was a freebie from the boss as I'm a regular there

Congratz!  FT334 has to be the best purchase I made on head-fi gears in terms of total hrs used...  Enjoy!

Jun 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #2,674 of 4,896
Thanks!
Luckily the Singapore's distributor for Aurisonics has not stock for Stealth ASG-2 this week, else I would be in their camp.
And thanks to Craven also for introducing me to the modded TG! 334 during the mini meet

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #2,675 of 4,896
Quote:
Thanks!
Luckily the Singapore's distributor for Aurisonics has not stock for Stealth ASG-2 this week, else I would be in their camp.
And thanks to Craven also for introducing me to the modded TG! 334 during the mini meet

I'm intrigued by the hybrids too.  Been following the ASG1, RDB+,  and 1plus2 for sometimes.  I was really close to getting the stealth asg2 but wanted to give 1plus2 a listen to decide.

You should try the 334 with the Twag v3 if you can find a demo.  
size]

Jun 9, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #2,676 of 4,896
Quote:

I'm intrigued by the hybrids too.  Been following the ASG1, RDB+,  and 1plus2 for sometimes.  I was really close to getting the stealth asg2 but wanted to give 1plus2 a listen to decide.

You should try the 334 with the Twag v3 if you can find a demo.  
size]

Having listen to Craven's 1p2 and the ASG-2, their sound signatures are totally in the opposite direction.
I'm just not used to the1p2 presentation and fitting, while the G-2 has too much mid-bass bloom and rolled-off treble that I don't have to think twice to pay double of it's price (over here in SG) to go for the 334.

While I read that the Twag v3 is very good, the price is out of my league (for a cable), hence I ordered the BTG cable

Jun 9, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #2,677 of 4,896
Hi spkrs01,

Just wondering if you only use balanced plug for the 001 cable or complete balance termination?

I am thinking to get RSA Intruder but i have se FTG 334 (stock 001 cable) and AKG 3003.
Try to maximize the benefit for the full balanced amp.

I was advised to get a 000 balanced and can't use adapter / plug.

Thanks

Quote:
I have spare 001 cable, so on Saturday, I had a balanced RSA plug put on expecting to try it on my MH335DW or the newly arrived C435....

What a surprise when I hooked up the 334 tonight.

Loving the sound signature of the 334 balanced from a AK120/RSA Intruder. Sounds like a completely new IEM with sonics suiting me to the T:)

Jun 9, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #2,679 of 4,896
Quote:
Hi spkrs01,

Just wondering if you only use balanced plug for the 001 cable or complete balance termination?

I am thinking to get RSA Intruder but i have se FTG 334 (stock 001 cable) and AKG 3003.
Try to maximize the benefit for the full balanced amp.

I was advised to get a 000 balanced and can't use adapter / plug.

Thanks

I do not use an adapter and had the stock 001 cable re terminated with a RSA connector. The change of the 3.5 mm plug to RSA connector cost $20 in Hong Kong and if you don't like it you can always try the 000 cable at that juncture.

The RSA Intruder is just that much better sounding on it's balance output.

Jun 9, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #2,680 of 4,896
Hi,
The modded 334 was a loaner to Cravenz. From what I was told, the owner removed the plastic housing at the end of the titanium tube. Maybe you can PM Cravenz for further details

Jun 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #2,681 of 4,896
Thanks! It's all clear now

I do not use an adapter and had the stock 001 cable re terminated with a RSA connector. The change of the 3.5 mm plug to RSA connector cost $20 in Hong Kong and if you don't like it you can always try the 000 cable at that juncture.

The RSA Intruder is just that much better sounding on it's balance output.

Jun 10, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #2,683 of 4,896
I listened to the Parterre extensively yesterday at Jaben yesterday.......

For me it is totally different sounding from the 334. It is more delicate, sparkly with a very nice coherent presentation. Mids are not as rich nor full sounding as the 334, nor is the bass. Highs extends more on the Parterre. While the 334 exhibits more of a head space type presentation, the Parterre is 80% out of the head and in front.

The Parterre and the 334 actually complements each other very well. 

Suyama San recommends 100 to 150 hours, and classical music as the Parterre's forte.... 

Jun 10, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #2,684 of 4,896
Quote:
I listened to the Parterre extensively yesterday at Jaben yesterday.......

For me it is totally different sounding from the 334. It is more delicate, sparkly with a very nice coherent presentation. Mids are not as rich nor full sounding as the 334, nor is the bass. Highs extends more on the Parterre. While the 334 exhibits more of a head space type presentation, the Parterre is 80% out of the head and in front.

The Parterre and the 334 actually complements each other very well. 

Suyama San recommends 100 to 150 hours, and classical music as the Parterre's forte.... 

So Parterre is similar to the Kaede with a out of head  presentation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back