FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Apr 29, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #226 of 4,896
I don't know if it's awe or New Toy syndrome, but after three hours of listening, I'm finding myself rather impressed with To Go's; though, I'm not at the point where I'm ready to comment on the how they sound yet. However, there is something that I'm willing to chat about which completely caught me off guard from the moment I picked up the FitEar box. The level of OCD radiating from packaging bordered on maniacal, I'm talking sheer madness, it felt like I was kicking a hole in the Mona Lisa when I opened it. That same quality extends to the To Go's themselves. I never seen such effort and detail wasted on a IEM...... I love it. 

Apr 29, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #228 of 4,896
[size=10pt]It's been well over a year since I've played with any of the IEM's you've mentioned, so take my word for what it is.....  crap[/size]

[size=10pt]I would describe the bass as [/size][size=10pt]healthy [/size][size=10pt]for a BA IEM, hovering somewhere in the realm of the JH13, but it comes up short in the impact department. The low notes are present; however, they lack the thud that you'd get from something like the FX700's.[/size]

Apr 29, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #229 of 4,896
I believe your opinion.
Quote:
[size=10pt]It's been well over a year since I've played with any of the IEM's you've mentioned, so take my word for what it is.....  crap[/size]

[size=10pt]I would describe the bass as [/size][size=10pt]healthy [/size][size=10pt]for a BA IEM, hovering somewhere in the realm of the JH13, but it comes up short in the impact department. The low notes are present; however, they lack the thud that you'd get from something like the FX700's.[/size]

Apr 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #230 of 4,896
I think that is the overall sound signature of FitEar. Firstly, I do not own the TG334 so do take my comments with a pinch of salt. I do however have the C435 for quite some time so I do have a feel of how FitEar's sound sig is like. I think it does lack in terms of bass presence and depth. What it does have is a very crisp bass that is sufficient for my ears. AFAIK, FitEar shines in the mids (especially in terms of instrumental separation and clarity). If you tried one Im sure u would know what I mean. I'm not sure how C435 compares to TG334 but I would be interested in doing a comparison once I could get my hands on one!:)

So if you are looking for a bass heavy IEM I think its better to look elsewhere. But if u are looking for unparalleled resolution in detail and separation. I think here is where u can truly find audio nirvana!

(Ps. I have tried AKG 3003 n FI-BA-SS! They have yet to "wow" me! I hope TG334 does though! Cause C435 made me so distracted that I could not focus on studying while listening to them at the same time! It made me truly listen to the music and zone out for that couple of minutes! Pure bliss!)

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #231 of 4,896
Like I said in my initial impressions, these are some of the most transparent and linear IEMs I've experienced. These are not basshead IEMs. They are not colored or "fun," but rather extremely accurate in conveying a recording. You wont get a single bit of extra bass emphasis beyond what is there in a given track. That being said, tracks with a lot of bass are still rendered well, and I think the TG 334 handles most genres with ease.

May 2, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #232 of 4,896
Quote:
I think that is the overall sound signature of FitEar. Firstly, I do not own the TG334 so do take my comments with a pinch of salt. I do however have the C435 for quite some time so I do have a feel of how FitEar's sound sig is like. I think it does lack in terms of bass presence and depth. What it does have is a very crisp bass that is sufficient for my ears. AFAIK, FitEar shines in the mids (especially in terms of instrumental separation and clarity). If you tried one Im sure u would know what I mean. I'm not sure how C435 compares to TG334 but I would be interested in doing a comparison once I could get my hands on one!:)

So if you are looking for a bass heavy IEM I think its better to look elsewhere. But if u are looking for unparalleled resolution in detail and separation. I think here is where u can truly find audio nirvana!

(Ps. I have tried AKG 3003 n FI-BA-SS! They have yet to "wow" me! I hope TG334 does though! Cause C435 made me so distracted that I could not focus on studying while listening to them at the same time! It made me truly listen to the music and zone out for that couple of minutes! Pure bliss!)

Do you think the bass is like ER-4 type of bass? Because I seem rather sensitive to bass and the ER-4 kind of bass seems to be the only type I can handle. Even I found the W4 to have too much. 

May 2, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #233 of 4,896
Quote:
  Do you think the bass is like ER-4 type of bass? Because I seem rather sensitive to bass and the ER-4 kind of bass seems to be the only type I can handle. Even I found the W4 to have too much. 

​
FR_FitEarToGO334.gif

May 2, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #235 of 4,896
Quote:
  Any idea what that means? I'm not good at reading graphs (LOL)! 

I'm assuming Sonove normalizes his graphs for SPL at 1 kHz (that's where nearly all of his graphs intersect), so just look at the level difference between the FR of the 334 and the ER4P to the left of 1 kHz... the ER4P has less bass (the 334 has ~5 dB more at 100 Hz) and begins to roll-off a lot earlier.

May 2, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #236 of 4,896
Quote:

I'm assuming Sonove normalizes his graphs for SPL at 1 kHz (that's where nearly all of his graphs intersect), so just look at the level difference between the FR of the 334 and the ER4P to the left of 1 kHz... the ER4P has less bass (the 334 has ~5 dB more at 100 Hz) and begins to roll-off a lot earlier.

I see, pretty much makes sense. ER-4 has one of the least bass in an IEM. Any comparisons to the W4 however? 

May 2, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #237 of 4,896
Quote:
  I see, pretty much makes sense. ER-4 has one of the least bass in an IEM. Any comparisons to the W4 however? 

No comparisons, but the 334 should have a similar amount of bass compared to the CK100PRO. Both the 334 and CK100PRO are about +5 dB over the ER4P around the 100 Hz region, but the CK100PRO has a little more mid-bass. In my memory, the W4 has more bass (at least more mid-bass) than both, but I can't confirm it. If you've heard the CK100PRO, it could be a good barometer of how much bass the 334 has.

May 2, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #238 of 4,896
Quote:

No comparisons, but the 334 should have a similar amount of bass compared to the CK100PRO. Both the 334 and CK100PRO are about +5 dB over the ER4P around the 100 Hz region, but the CK100PRO has a little more mid-bass. In my memory, the W4 has more bass (at least more mid-bass) than both, but I can't confirm it. If you've heard the CK100PRO, it could be a good barometer of how much bass the 334 has.

Hmm, I did try the CK100pro before and the bass was fine for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back