FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Feb 28, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #4,505 of 4,896
I've used the glossy TG 334 (bought at musicaacoustic) with my TeraPlayer. Recently amped with vorzuge pure II+. Because of my meanwhile terrible hearing I've decided, to sell this gems. If anyone is interested please look at the selling-thread.
thanks
Karl

May 29, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #4,506 of 4,896
I had the chance to briefly talk to Keita Suyama, the legendary FitEar creator. He comes off as a humble, kinda and simple person from a first impression. He introduced his new Titan Universal, a very interesting hybrid. The nozzle is super wide but accommodates Spinfit 145 well. It requires quite a lot of juice and I didn't have a balanced cable underhand so I had to push the WM1Z single ended almost to the max. It does not sound like the FitEar BAs I know, much less warmth and thickness, more fast, precise and neutralish. I am very interested in these and will try to grab a pair from Jaben when they come out.

IMG_20180526_151013.jpg

IMG_20180526_150543.jpg

IMG_20180526_150539.jpg

May 29, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #4,507 of 4,896
I had the chance to briefly talk to Keita Suyama, the legendary FitEar creator. He comes off as a humble, kinda and simple person from a first impression. He introduced his new Titan Universal, a very interesting hybrid. The nozzle is super wide but accommodates Spinfit 145 well. It requires quite a lot of juice and I didn't have a balanced cable underhand so I had to push the WM1Z single ended almost to the max. It does not sound like the FitEar BAs I know, much less warmth and thickness, more fast, precise and neutralish. I am very interested in these and will try to grab a pair from Jaben when they come out.

Me also eagerly anticipating the Titan Universal since I first heard of it from Jaben

Oct 7, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #4,509 of 4,896
Hey guys I am wondering if anyone has heard the fitear togo 334 in comparison to the following iems ie800, andromeda or vega and can give me more information regarding them thanks

I have all of these, although I haven't done a full back-to-back comparo. The 334s are the weightiest/most organic sounding of the bunch, with the least treble. The Vega would be closest to them but with a relatively more v-shaped sound, then the Andromeda and finally ie800 coming in leanest.

I feel like the Andromeda is the overall most even-handed performer of the bunch, the one that will appeal to most looking for a solid TOTL experience. The 334 is certainly different and if it's what you're looking for you will see it as special, it has a presentation that is uniquely seductive.

All that said - I recently picked up a KSE1200 and I'm about to sell everything else I own now :)

Oct 7, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #4,510 of 4,896
Well thank you for the information, please pm about all the iems your planning to sell, I used to own the andromeda it was a great sounding iem to be honest but it was leaner and less emotive as well as the fit being a huge problem for me and I am thinking again about getting the fitear togo 334

Oct 7, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #4,511 of 4,896
Well thank you for the information, please pm about all the iems your planning to sell, I used to own the andromeda it was a great sounding iem to be honest but it was leaner and less emotive as well as the fit being a huge problem for me and I am thinking again about getting the fitear togo 334

If you want something with a similar signature with the 334 and the technicalities of the Andromeda or the KSE1200, look no further than Fitear's own EST. It's the add up of the 334's emotive and captivating mids/vocals (albeit slightly not as in-the-face), the even more beautifully done (linearly extended all the way up to the sky) trebles than the Andros, the Fourte and the 1200 (the 1200 treble is very well extended but not as smooth), and a solid bass that is well balanced yet punchy and deep. Lightning quick transcients, one of the very best among both custom and universal iems and up there with other electrostats. The detail level is terrifying if you come from a pure dynamics or BA system. Overall well-balanced and can accomodate for different genres. Reminds me a lot of the Stax 001/002 siblings but with much better bass. The fit is the best among Fitear's universal offerings - it is not always easy to get a good fit/seal with the 334 (I have had two pairs of them, both of them gave me some trouble re fit and seal. Have let the last pair go last year).

So far I have not found any real weakness in the EST. If I have to name one, probably it is the lower-mids that does not sound on par with the other parts of the spectrum in terms of refinement. It is not recessed or lacking details, just that the other parts (especially the female vocals / mids to upper mids and the highs) are so extremely refined that the lower-mids just sound, well, not so extremely refined lolll.

A tiny bit more power hungry than most iem out there, but not as hungry as my UERR and ER4SR. Not sure if it is psychological or something to do with the internal step-up transformer, but I feel that the EST needs to be warmed up (like for 2-3 songs time) before it sounds the best. And when it sounds the best, it DOES SOUND the best.

(NOTE to all who had tried the EST early on - maybe it had already been mentioned elsewhere, but Suyama-san & Co had made adjustments to the tuning since the early prototypes, which to me is very audible from my short try of the earlier samples and the currently available ones which are the same as the production models. The tuning as of now is way less mid-treble oriented and much fuller with a healthy does of bass and lower-mids.)

Listening mostly to the HS1670ss and the EST for the past weekend. 1670 is the livelier one (let's party!!!) and the EST is the cooler, more elegant one (look at that ruby necklace in the shop window~). Perfect match.

Oct 8, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #4,513 of 4,896
Fitear... one of the few brands thats actually worth to pay retail for.

Relatively exclusive, made in Japan, and their vocal tuning is just brilliant

Agree, and add impeccable craftmanship and artisanal qualities to the list.

Their tuning is not for anyone, but I don't think you'd be disappointed even if you are not buying into its tuning philosophies. The EST has officially dethroned the 334 as the best female vocal iem on this planet, having cured the 2 only complaints I have towards the 334 - its "A" shape tuning a.k.a. the too in-the-face mids would get my ears tired after awhile, and sometimes more treble presence is desirable. The EST has the mids pulled back a tad, resulting in a more balanced and less tiring listen, and the highs while not piercing at all are smooth and ever-present. The vocal is ever so addictive................

Nov 1, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #4,514 of 4,896
I cannot believe I forgot to ask the people on this thread to compare one of the new iems apart from andromeda that impressed me, between the hifiman re2000 or even the new rha cl2 which just got released a few weeks ago and fitear togo 334 can anyone give me some brief words between them, thank-you to rest of the thread followers for answering my questions it means a lot to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back