FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Aug 23, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #3,707 of 4,896
I have it on good authority that the immensely popular TG 334 is going to have as much as a 25% price increase next month.

Aug 23, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #3,708 of 4,896
I have it on good authority that the immensely popular TG 334 is going to have as much as a 25% price increase next month.

George, it's more around 15%. :)

Aug 23, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #3,709 of 4,896
Got my JVC spiral dot tips days ago and yes it is the best sounding tips for me so far...

Aug 23, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #3,711 of 4,896
I wish I knew what it says in japanese regarding the outlet.  I've read something regarding horn like outlet helps with smoothing out the treble FR, and add gain.  Although this is being done with tips, not entirely like the F111 titanium bore.  Since the 334 is shallow bore maybe the gradually increased tip bore diameter helps it out treble wise.  It looks like it's opening up like a horn in the picture.  What is the little grooves suppose to do?

Aug 23, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #3,712 of 4,896
I wish I knew what it says in japanese regarding the outlet.  I've read something regarding horn like outlet helps with smoothing out the treble FR, and add gain.  Although this is being done with tips, not entirely like the F111 titanium bore.  Since the 334 is shallow bore maybe the gradually increased tip bore diameter helps it out treble wise.  It looks like it's opening up like a horn in the picture.  What is the little grooves suppose to do?

Me neither but the little spiral dots on the inner bore sure did it's magic....hope someone here can enlighten us on the science behind these tips

Aug 23, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #3,713 of 4,896

No idea. But they sound really good. Adds a lot of depth for the 334. Comfortable and isolation is awesome. A couple of Ref 1 guys using these now and I have a friend using Ditas are using these too with marked improvements. 

Aug 23, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #3,715 of 4,896
Well, here is the translation:

It comes with the newly developed "spiral dot earpiece" to achieve a clear sound

It comes to suppress the turbidity of the sound is diffused in the dimples provided in the earpiece inner wall the reflected sound of the earpiece that is the cause of the deterioration in sound quality, to achieve a clear sound the "spiral dot earpiece". Foam earpiece to fit in the ear with a soft touch is also included.
ha-fx700_teihan.jpg
Foam earpiece is ※ service parts handling. (S, M each 2 pcs.) Contact: Customer Support Center

hp-fx700_silicon.jpg
Silicon earpiece

earpiece_danmen.jpg
Earpiece sectional view

It sounds like the dot is a damper of some sort decreasing reflection?  
blink.gif
  Audibly, what do you guys notice the difference is between the dots and other tips of the same bore diameter?

Aug 23, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #3,716 of 4,896
It sounds like the dot is a damper of some sort decreasing reflection?  :blink:   Audibly, what do you guys notice the difference is between the dots and other tips of the same bore diameter?

Think they meant that it focuses the sound and channel them into the ear rather than let soundwaves deteriorate.

As such, better source almost always translates to better sound.

I know most of my IEMs have never sounded better with these tips on

Aug 23, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #3,717 of 4,896
blink.gif
  Audibly, what do you guys notice the difference is between the dots and other tips of the same bore diameter?

Very logical SilverEars, looks like the dots act as acoustic diffusers to diffuse the reflections that's happening in our ear canals with other tips. From my personal experience, the Spiral Dot tips actually extend the high frequency roll-off point and also decreases quite a bit of low-mid bloat which I experience with the stock tips. In other words it makes the TG334 sound more neutral and also tighten up the low end as compared to the stock tips. I have a strong feeling that the mid-bass bloat is caused by the reflections (standing waves) of the low-mid frequencies which somehow masked the higher frequencies...that's why many here have complained about the low-mid bloat and veiled high frequencies on their TG334 with the stock tips.

Aug 23, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #3,718 of 4,896
Looks like the JVC tips after getting some love. About time!
wink.gif

Just fell in love :) I just ordered a set, hope I got the size right.......

blink.gif

Thanks for this. I really like the sound just as it is, I certainly do not want to decrease the bass. I'm looking for more isolation and not having to keep pushing and adjusting every 15-30 minutes. Fingers and any other extremity I can, are crossed.

Aug 23, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #3,719 of 4,896
I wouldn't bet that the dots do it all. the diameter of the bore can change a lot in the sound of and IEM. and here it's not only a large bore, it's one that gets larger to the end so probably some FR alteration here. I'm guessing the shape is imposed by the frequencies they want to boost, and the dots are a way to minimize slightly the effect to make the change more subtle?
my personal XP with tips is that usually larger bores made for larger feeling of getting surrounded by bass. and that in turn give a feeling of big soundstage. I don't remember putting a T100 comply on an IEM and thinking "wow what a soundstage". all the big soundstage IEM I ever owned were size 400 or 500 for comply tips (sorry that's the only way I know how to talk size for tips ^_^).
so here we're talking already large bore getting larger at the end, it should be nice if the FR change isn't too big.

edit: just saw silver's post in sound science, maybe I should have posted my ranting there, soz.

Aug 23, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #3,720 of 4,896
Any chance to get these in the UK? All I found on ebay are M & L sizes.

I wouldn't bet much on them being impedance adaptor since the bore length is relatively short, which will shift the cutoff point far above 20khz mark and for that any effect would be inaudible. However those 'dimples' inside are another story, and tbh at the first glance I thought they would dampen the high freqencies due to having higher asorption ratio, yet somebody here reported with opposite results, which I found very surprising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back