FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Jul 16, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #496 of 4,896
Thanks for the thoughts on the TG! 334 vs 111. Confirms I made the right choice, in spite of my initial trepidation with the cost! 

Perhaps there could be two separate threads for each earphone. That might keep things easier for potential new owners to sort through with each model....

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #497 of 4,896
Quote:

Perhaps there could be two separate threads for each earphone. That might keep things easier for potential new owners to sort through with each model....

That could be arranged. I just thought that there are so few owners of both the 334 and 111 that it might not be necessary to create two separate threads. I try to keep the front posts updated with the latest information and a comprehensive list of listeners' impressions, but it's tough for me to manage it constantly.

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #498 of 4,896
You may be ruining your ears at that volume. Sensitive earphones like the 334 can hit levels up to 90dB at 50% of the volume, and 90dB is already into extended listening hearing loss territory. Be careful. I never listen over 30% with the 334 on an iPod touch 4G and most often much, much less. My nano 7G gets up to about 5 pars with them. 
Quote:
Funny that you say this as I'm getting worried about the listen volume of togo 334. I find that they perform better louder and as they are really smooth on the treble, as I turn the knob higher, the sound turns more lifelike, even more spacious, this with a lot of electronica styles. IMO 334 like to be played loud. I don't know if I'm not listen too loud as I can't have a hint of distortion or fatigue. The treble stays always smooth, no Shhhh or sibilance of any kind. (I never pass the 80% of volume on iPod classic)

Jul 17, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #501 of 4,896
Quote:
You may be limited to Japanese audio shops like Avic Fujiya and e-earphones as well as ordering online from Musica Acoustics or ALO Audio. I don't know if either carry the 111, but considering they sell the 334, it's a good bet.

I wouldnt mind buying the 334 from ALO audio if a) I had the money and b)I was not madly inlove with ER-4S.

PS:Waiting for your video :p

Jul 17, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #503 of 4,896
You're right... although, it depends much on the level that the recording has, for example, most of electronica the volume bar goes lined with the end of the album cover (iPod classic 160) other albums, like dream house I reach 80%, but it's record level is very low. 
I think I must measure spl to have a reference... As 334 are very sensitive (as you're saying) and they are very smooth in upper region, I'm probably risking my ears, not noticing.
Thanks for the warning.
Quote:
You may be ruining your ears at that volume. Sensitive earphones like the 334 can hit levels up to 90dB at 50% of the volume, and 90dB is already into extended listening hearing loss territory. Be careful. I never listen over 30% with the 334 on an iPod touch 4G and most often much, much less. My nano 7G gets up to about 5 pars with them. 

Jul 18, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #506 of 4,896
Quote:
@Music_4321

Very nice. I'm looking at buying the 111, too. We'll see. Anyone want to buy an SM3?

I think music_4321 might be interested in the SM3
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #509 of 4,896
Quote:

BEST. POST. EVAR.
wink.gif

Yes, that's got to be one of the best posts ever indeed -- guess more people know about my 'love' for the SM3s than I ever thought!  :wink:

--------------

BTW, I've just started a dedicated TO GO! 111 thread, as I felt it was about time there was such a thread. Perhaps this thread should only focus on the TO GO! 334.

Quote:
Surprise, surprise!
Something came in the mail today :)

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back