FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Apr 10, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #3,511 of 4,896
  glad we didn't push you in a wrong direction. for the money it wasn't a big risk TBH.
the crackling of the volume knob might go away just with a few max-min-max (may I suggest doing it with power OFF ^_^). it's usually just some small dust particles and they will be moved away with a few turns.

It worked! Crackling completely gone! Thanks! 
etysmile.gif

Apr 10, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #3,512 of 4,896

2.    Channel imbalance ceases just below my lowest listening level (and I do sometimes listen at very low volumes), and the volume knob is exquisite. It feels very exact, has just the right size and feel of resistance when adjusted. Sure, it crackles a little but not really audibly while playing music, so it doesn’t bother me at all and maybe it will disappear after some use.

I guess either your DAC puts out lower voltage than my ODAC(I think this puts out high line-out voltage that's why I get high volume and noticeable channel imbalance), or you got a better pot than mine.  I have to turn my left channel volume down on my DAC from my computer volume control so that I can balance the volume on the amp.

I have no problem with channel imbalance. Whatever small imbalance there is, sound begins in the left ear. Unfortunately I haven’t got any other DAC to try with. The CLAS –dB is so far my only stand-alone DAC. For the fun of it I’ll probably get another DAC in the future but not without doing some proper research first. The ODAC is tempting, especially after my very positive impressions of the O2.

However, I’ve now tried the O2 with all of my other sources at maximum volume (iPods w/o LOD, COWON J3, and laptop) and the O2 behaves more or less perfectly. As far as I can see on the pot (see the below image), channel imbalance ceases at the exact same grade. Output seems to be higher from “iPod + LOD” and so makes it sound slightly louder.

Hm… I’m guessing the pot. What happens if you try with some other source? It would be very interesting to find out, especially as I consider the ODAC as a possibility.

Well, I’m so happy with O2, and at $129 I just can’t get over it. My ALO Rx-Mk3-B I believe was approx. $650 and it doesn’t even come near the O2 in any respect with sensitive IEMs, especially the 334.

Apr 10, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #3,514 of 4,896
^ Yeah, that's pretty crazy.

On the JDS unit I had a couple years back balance came ~8:30.  I didn't have 334s back then, but all my IEMs at the time barely passed muster w/ it.  It was a combo ODAC/O2 unit, fantastic, fantastic little guy.

BTW, I can say my Concero HP is pretty dynamite w/ the 334s... a little bit of hiss, but minimal compared to everything else I've tried w/ it.  Of course it's $850 and roughly the size of the O2.

If you're not in the mood to spend that coin, I highly suggest you don't try one if you ever see it at a meet, and *definitely* don't try a Chord Hugo.

Apr 10, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #3,515 of 4,896
Apr 10, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #3,517 of 4,896
  Sounds like you got a good pot. Mine stinks. Enjoy your ABBA albums.  
biggrin.gif

I suppose it could be a problem that JDS Labs now have fixed. I don't think I was lucky. I'm never lucky. 
confused_face_2.gif

EDIT:
Well, Sweden isn't all about ABBA. Although Sweden is a very small country (only 9 million people) lots of other Swedes have been quite successful in the music industry. Well, we'll see for how long it lasts now that the Russians are on the move again occupying our neighbouring European countries by military force and Putin’s Hitler like methods. It’s really scary to live in this part of the world now. (Sorry for getting carried away...)

Apr 10, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #3,518 of 4,896
Oh I forgot Ace of Base.  
biggrin.gif

Just joking Aero.  I know Swenden has some great artists like Yngwie Malmsteen.  Couople vids of girls doing cover of his excellent composition.

Apr 11, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #3,520 of 4,896
Apr 18, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #3,524 of 4,896
Would really appreciate any other comparisons between the tg334 and other top tier universals (rox, 1plus2, etc…).  Going to make a purchase soon and am on the hunt for impressions…  Bobeau was super kind to share his impressions via pm's but just curious what others think.  

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #3,525 of 4,896
Why is it that Fitear use proprietary connectors? What are there advantages/disadvantages in comparison to the conventional two pin connector. Furthermore, is it possible to get aftermarket cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back