Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13, 5:K10, 4:BD4.2, 3:A12, 2:W500, 1:SE5U)
Sep 21, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #395 of 1,062
Yes both are being prepped... 
biggrin.gif

Sep 22, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #398 of 1,062
Am about to order the W500 AHMorph. Think this is a rare occasion where someone orders an iem based on a review they haven't read :)

But Jason's comparison's so far with the W500 have provided me with enough confidence to make the decision (and Malevolent's ranking!)

Sep 22, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #401 of 1,062
The 5-way ultimate was never an option for me.. Price is too steep. Besides, Metalboy owns the 5-way ref and says its kind of similar to the Solar but I think he prefers the Solar (based on his ratings in his review, don't want to misquote him). Of course I don't know how different the ref and ult are though, ult is prob a lot better but I still prefer something very different :)

Hope you get it as well, by the looks of it the W500 thread can use some more followers!

Sep 22, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #402 of 1,062
  The 5-way ultimate was never an option for me.. Price is too steep. Besides, Metalboy owns the 5-way ref and says its kind of similar to the Solar but I think he prefers the Solar (based on his ratings in his review, don't want to misquote him). Of course I don't know how different the ref and ult are though, ult is prob a lot better but I still prefer something very different :)

Hope you get it as well, by the looks of it the W500 thread can use some more followers!

I am really shocked that either of them hasn't gotten more attention form what I have read. You hear a lot about the same usual suspects. Yeah I have heard the ult is much better than the ref. I wonder how the bass compares between the w500 and se5 ult. 

Can you get the w500 in the US though right now?

Sep 22, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #404 of 1,062
I have or have had several ciems : Miracles, NT6, Roxannes, SE5 Reference, MH335DW and hear a few others. Some I really love, but in terms of getting the perfect mix of fidelity and musicality, none touch the SE5 Ultimate IMHO. I have tons of fun with my 846, but when I pop the Ult...man it's like switching from a nice frozen coke (really nice) to a great vintage of fresh white wine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back