Fischer Eterna Alternatives (price & soundwise)
Sep 17, 2011 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Eidetikos

New Head-Fier
Looking to not spend more than ~ $75.  After reading a lot of reviews, they sounded great as a gift for my wife.  They're just not available in the US (already looked at Bugden and GB). 

They'll mostly be used outside on the streets where there's a lot of traffic, so good isolation is important.  She listens mostly to trance but also to 80s dance/pop.  I wanted to get something that is really immersive and fun, especially rich in bass (but not too muddy on The Cure, Tears for Fears, etc. tracks) that would make her forget that she's walking to work or school. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Sep 17, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #2 of 10
What you want is the Hippo Boom.  1/4th the price of the Eternas, but has the same sound signature except there is better detail in the mids compared to the extremely veiled Eternas. excellent for House.

Both are relatively muddy in the bass but the Eternas are by far the muddier.

Eternas though are kinda laidback, the Boom isn't that laidback and is a bit more forward.

Sep 17, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 10
Check new Feels Pro900
This are just released in Korea and some one already posted a review on those on Headfi.
This are under 100US and are looking promising.
Eternas are hard to find unless order form Russia

Sep 18, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #5 of 10
I will highely recommend the Sony EX510, they offers great clarity in mids, highs with deep punchy bass and wider soundstage. The above genres music sound amazing on EX510 and they comes with lots of accessories(include many tips).

Sep 18, 2011 at 7:11 AM Post #6 of 10
I would highly recommend the Fischer Audio Enigma's. For the price and sound quality...they really are a catch.

Sep 18, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #8 of 10
Thanks for all the replies.  There was a lot to dig through here.

Quote:
Eternas though are kinda laidback, the Boom isn't that laidback and is a bit more forward.

I'm not certain what you mean by "laidback".  I read some good reviews about these too that strengthened your argument toward these over the Eternas.  I'm going to keep my eye on them and get them for myself some time to play around with.

Quote:
Check new Feels Pro900
This are just released in Korea and some one already posted a review on those on Headfi.
This are under 100US and are looking promising.
Eternas are hard to find unless order form Russia

The isolation is supposedly pretty poor in these and they seem difficult to obtain in the States.

Quote:
If you can pay $100 the SE215s are nice.

Good call.  Actually, it's only a good call because I just received $50 off my next purchase through an electronics vendor that sells the SE215s.  Besides, I'd like to steal these for myself from time to time from my woman as they seem to handle my needs too.

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #9 of 10
Yeah the SE215s can deliver delicious bass if eq'd properly and they offer awesome sound all around. The highs don't quite sparkle but the overall sound is accurate, I love the signature they chose and when I can get the bass just right on certain songs I feel like I don't need any other IEMs :) They are awesome for electronic music.

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
I will highely recommend the Sony EX510, they offers great clarity in mids, highs with deep punchy bass and wider soundstage. The above genres music sound amazing on EX510 and they comes with lots of accessories(include many tips).

Hmmm i thought the Sony EX510 are a very different animal from the FA Eternas; they are balanced but skewed more towards mids and highs. So much so that they sound awesome on vocals and acoustics, but not very enjoyable at all for pop/dance or any bass-heavy tracks.
Which is why i got the EX310 instead =p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back