Fischer DBA-02 MKII - Impressions and review thread: CK10 threatened!
Apr 27, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #302 of 400
Hey shigzeo, do you find that the DBA-02 MKII paired with the ZO2 produces a significant amount of hiss? I'm using it headphone-out, and the hiss is pretty apparent, especially when playing soft music. Rather annoying, actually. Changing to to low gain mode doesn't really reduce the hiss either.

Apr 29, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #309 of 400
Did some playing around w/ a friend this weekend trying the DBA mk1/B2 versus the mk2.  Seemed to have found the discrepancy resulting in the various shrill, bright, thin DBA mk1 impressions.  My friend has slightly smaller ears than me so was not able to insert the original DBA/B2 to full insertion depth as I and others do.  I could actually look into his ear and see the housing being stopped like a square plug in a round hole.  The housing is simply too large to fit down his ear canal and get a deep seal.  I gave him the smaller mk2 to try and bingo, perfect fit and largely neutral/balance sig.  So as far as I'm concerned, mystery solved.  Good of Fishcer to figure it out and adjust the design.

May 17, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #312 of 400
how's the bass compared to the q-jays? As far as I know, both earphones use the same BA drivers? Correct?

Would people recommend these for the following genres? Alternative and most types of EDM? (no, it most certainly does NOT include dubstep 
cool.gif
)

May 17, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #313 of 400
Quote:
how's the bass compared to the q-jays? As far as I know, both earphones use the same BA drivers? Correct?

Would people recommend these for the following genres? Alternative and most types of EDM? (no, it most certainly does NOT include dubstep 
cool.gif
)

i listen to M.O.V.E ,if you can call it EDM, and this my next buying

May 18, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #314 of 400
I am impressed with this IEM to be honest. I ordered it form gd-audiobase for about $160 and it arrived about a month after placing the order. I am in Canada so you can probably expect similar wait times.

I found that the triple flange tips provided the best sound for me. With this tip the bass was tighter and had better punch and the mids/highs were a lot less harsh then using any of the other tips. Right out of the box I would say they sound a little like the HD25 with less bass and more resolution in the mids/highs. They also work great with the J3's eq system and the mach bass really helps out the lows. I agree with the opinion that the very very bottom of the low end is a little lacking, but everything else makes up for it.

I am looking into getting the custom sleeves from 1964 ears since I love these so much. I think it will improve the isolation and conform issues I am having. I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but the triple flange tips make my ears itchy after about 15mins of use when I am moving around. This doesn't happen if I am sitting still however. 

I look forward to sharing my thoughts on the custom sleeves in the near future.

May 21, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #315 of 400
Normal the flanges from the DBA are smooth outside for comfort. Other FisCHER earphones like cheaper ones dont have as nice of flanges and can cause the uncomfort. My ears are most comfortable with the flange with sponge and I get very deep fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back