Fischer DBA-02 MKII - Impressions and review thread: CK10 threatened!
Apr 22, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #286 of 400

Quote:

That would be my guess.  Rush is one of my favorite things on the B2/DBA, never had a problem w/ Mr. Peart wrecking the mids w/ a cymbal or crash.  Actually sounds like I'm listening to the concert.

So in other words they could sound natural at times? Well, I preferred the DBA-02MKII a lot more than the original B2. 

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #287 of 400

Quote:
So in other words they could sound natural at times? Well, I preferred the DBA-02MKII a lot more than the original B2. 

At times?  Pretty much all the time.  I did a slight comparo of the mk1 and mk2 above.  If you can't get that deep fit w/ the mk1 but generally like the sig the mk2 is the way to go.  A good mk1 fit basically just has the tail of the IEM visible from you ear.  You shouldn't be able to see the housing.  I think that was the main reason for the mk2.  Smaller housing, easier fit, more filter just in case.  Anyway, we can never guarantee a phone will sound the same to everyone. 

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #288 of 400

At times?  Pretty much all the time.  I did a slight comparo of the mk1 and mk2 above.  If you can't get that deep fit w/ the mk1 but generally like the sig the mk2 is the way to go.  A good mk1 fit basically just has the tail of the IEM visible from you ear.  You shouldn't be able to see the housing.  I think that was the main reason for the mk2.  Smaller housing, easier fit, more filter just in case.  Anyway, we can never guarantee a phone will sound the same to everyone. 

Good advice there, you can't really see the ER4 either when properly inserted. Someone with a nice deep fit should post a pic of how invisible they become. 

Your theory of the MKII's role makes a whole lot of sense. 

Without a deep fit, treble becomes hot and bass can't rumble close to the ear's 2nd bend bone. Simple as that. 

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #289 of 400

Quote:

But the bass impact of the two are quite different, I found the MKII to be a little tighter and hits slower, too

Apr 22, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #290 of 400

Quote:

Quote:

thats pretty deep fit. i tried it with the B2 and the whole (or most) of the housing was outside

Apr 22, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #291 of 400

Quote:

But the bass impact of the two are quite different, I found the MKII to be a little tighter and hits slower, too

Oh no, the mk1 is tighter.  At least mine is.  
wink.gif
  The mk2 was softer, rounder and less distinct.  Impact as in punch was about the same.  In other words same size comet at same speed: one with a wider crater but shallow, the other more narrow crater but deeper.  It seems slower from the roundness but the pace seemed the same in the low end.  Also because the mk2 is less bright it seems a bit less energetic overall.  The GR01 was like a meditation session by comparison.

It's your fit sounds like.

Apr 22, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #292 of 400

Quote:

Oh no, the mk1 is tighter.  At least mine is.  
wink.gif
  The mk2 was softer, rounder and less distinct.  Impact as in punch was about the same.  In other words same size comet at same speed: one with a wider crater but shallow, the other more narrow crater but deeper.  It seems slower from the roundness but the pace seemed the same in the low end.  Also because the mk2 is less bright it seems a bit less energetic overall.  The GR01 was like a meditation session by comparison.

It's your fit sounds like.

Well I'm not a treble head, so I guess the MKII will appeal more to me. Also the impact of the MKI is a little to fast to me, which loses out a little naturality. 

Apr 22, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #293 of 400
Apr 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #296 of 400
As someone who loved the DBA-02 Mk1's with comply P-series foams, fit is definitely everything. Without the foams i found the DBA-02 lacking bass, with a proper fit i found the bass to be exactly as described previously, tight and fast.

BTW any recommendations on a DBA-02 Mk1 replacement?

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #298 of 400
Never once had a Klipsch tip come off the B2 or DBA-02, odd.  The housing could be deeper if I push the tip further down the nozzle.  It will depend on the length and shape of the canal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back