Fischer Audio Eterna vs Silver Bullet
Apr 28, 2010 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 86

canadianbif

Head-Fier
I have a set of SE530s and Denon d5000s and a couple others but i use those two mostly, does anyone have any experience with the Fischer Eterna and Silver Bullet? I'm leaning toward the silver bullets because of the soundstage, the best soundstage ive really heard was the SA6s and id like another set like it but it seems like the Eterna are just better in all other respects. Theyre both the same price here:
Bugden Audio, Your Best Source for Fischer Audio IEMs

If you think another pair would better complement my two, let me know

Apr 29, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #2 of 86
Just get both: they are pretty different but both very very excellent phones, i really can't decide which i prefer as they are so beautiful in my ears in their own special ways.
Like your own 2 children and you just love them equally although they can be different as night and day.

Apr 29, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #3 of 86
It really depends, if you want Eterna you want it because of the sound signature. In actual SQ terms, the Silver Bullet has the edge.

Apr 29, 2010 at 5:22 AM Post #4 of 86
if over/under the ear makes a difference to you, then decide based on that too...

Apr 29, 2010 at 6:14 AM Post #5 of 86
In my opinion, Eterna has more of a Sennheiser type of the sound, and Silver Bullet is a bit more like Grado, though not exactly. Just closer to that type of signature. Eterna was almost too bassy for me, though it was not boomy. However, the mids are better in Silver Bullet for me (fuller, a bit more forward) and SB still has plenty of bass too. Overall, it seems like SB has flatter response across all the ranges.
Eterna was the best for things like psytrance or Pink Floyd. Eterna really immersed you and the imaging was amazing.
I listen to a lot of acoustic music, where the vocals and midrange are more important, while the soundstage and imaging less so. I kept SB and sold Eterna.
Another thing with Eterna, I just could not keep the cable in place around my ears. Eterna's cable is thick and not particularly flexible. The cable guides did not help me either. I would have kept Eterna if not the the fit. I can't walk around holding the cable in place. Silver Bullet fits great, stays put, isolates really well and is very comfortable.
Generally speaking Eterna is a bit more than SB to me - more alive.

Apr 29, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #6 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by aconteceu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my opinion, Eterna has more of a Sennheiser type of the sound, and Silver Bullet is a bit more like Grado, though not exactly.

Strange, I thought the SB sounded more like my IE8, and I used it more than my Eterna for dance tracks for the bass reverberations.
Eterna's bass seem too controlled for me haha.
I use Eterna more for vocals and regular pop.

Apr 29, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #7 of 86
I never heard IE8, so I am comparing Eterna to my HD600. Eterna's bass is more than HD600 though.

Interesting, it was the other way around for me, with Eterna's bass reverberating and overshadowing the mids and SB is more balanced to my ears.

Apr 29, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #8 of 86
I have a ton of Fischer Audio products with me and choosing between them is very difficult as they all sound fantastic. While I have not heard the Eterna, the Silver Bullet is an awesome IEM. The soundstage is indeed very big and the build quality is among the best I have seen.

However, if you like the SE530's, my advice would be for you to get the DBA-02's. They are fantastic and provide a very balanced sound signature. If you think the SE530's are good, then wait until you hear the DBA-02's and they wipe the floor with the SE530's.

Also, a cheaper alternative that sounds great is the Enigma.

Apr 29, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #9 of 86
oh I hate the se530.......BORING!

I guess i am not good with BA drivers.......too lifeless, without visceral musical bass

Apr 29, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #11 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by aconteceu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never heard IE8, so I am comparing Eterna to my HD600. Eterna's bass is more than HD600 though.

Interesting, it was the other way around for me, with Eterna's bass reverberating and overshadowing the mids and SB is more balanced to my ears.

agreed. personally prefer the airyness, soundstage, clarity and the mids on the SB than the eterna... The latter sounds over boomy to me, overshadowing the mids and vocals...

Apr 30, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #12 of 86
Maybe I have SB drivers in my Eterna and Eterna drivers in my SB!

Any idea what improvement the NEW Eterna has over the old?

May 2, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #13 of 86
May 2, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #14 of 86
Bear in mind nobody really knows because nobody has heard it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back