Fischer audio Eterna vs Klipsch S4i vs Google Nexus 4 stock headphones
Oct 28, 2013 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

misterfresh

New Head-Fier
A quick subjective opinion :

Nexus 4 stock headphones : they are good because listening to them once in a while makes you realize how lucky you are of owning other headphones, and validates your purchase, no matter what other headphones you bought. The voice is ok, but the bass and low mids are very muddy, and the high mids are tinny.

Klipsch S4i are good headphones, the sound quality is good. The build quality is mediocre, the cables are so thin, but still they lasted me about 18 months considering I went jogging with them many times. The isolation is bad, so I followed the advice on headfi.org to make custom tips using ear plugs. In this way you get the full bass. They're a good choice in my opinion.

I was about to buy the Klipsch again, but instead I tried the Eterna. They're are bit cheaper than the Klipsch. The cables are thicker. I don't believe in burn in, I listened to them right out of the box, and the sound quality is good. The sound is bassy, which I like. At the beginning it was a bit surprising to hear so much bass. Difference with the Klipsch, is that the Klipsch gives good sub-bass, whereas the Eterna is a bit louder on the low mids instead. The snares don't snap so much it seems on the Eterna, but in a way it's good because there is less ear fatigue. Fischer audio was an unknown brand to me, but I'm satisfied by the purchase. Of course the sound is not as good as on my computer with dedicated sound card and sound system, but it is very decent for the price. Isolation is better than on the klipsch. Overall I agree with the review on headfi.

Oct 29, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #2 of 3
Haven't heard the Klipsch or the Nexus stock but I'll tell you one thing, the Eterna was what got me started on audio stuff. I'll be many times richer now if not for the Eterna.
Although I've moved on to higher end stuff now, I still miss the sound every now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back