Fischer Audio DBA-04
Apr 29, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #47 of 61
Good news everyone :)
Fischer Audio now @head-fi, and we are ready to reveal the truth for a great justice.
So many questions arises, we have to make an official statement about DBA-04 and those Chinese website story.

Announcement of the DBA-04 on the online store was a bit early, it was our mistake.

At the moment, DBA-04 is still on production, but the we are not ready to specify release times.

Photos published on the Chinese website raises many questions:
 1. Where did this earphone come from?
 2. How did he got it?
 3. Why it looks so similar with our another model, which was planned to appear later (single-diver armature SBA-03 with a similar body)?
Neither our company nor our partners don't have an idea who are the guy and where he got these earphones.

Differences between DBA-04 and SBA-03 are: number of drivers (DBA-04 got two, and SBA-03 have only a single one), and housing material (DBA-04 is made of cool aluminum alloy, and the SBA-03 is, still cool, but metal-looking plastic, as on above photos).

Well, to sum it up – if you find any DBA-04 selling before its official release - they are not original.
Moreover, currently we are working to alter housing a bit, to protect consumers against possible fakes.

We hope, we answered on most of your questions.

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #48 of 61

Quote:
Good news everyone :)
Fischer Audio now @head-fi, and we are ready to reveal the truth for a great justice.
So many questions arises, we have to make an official statement about DBA-04 and those Chinese website story.

Announcement of the DBA-04 on the online store was a bit early, it was our mistake.

At the moment, DBA-04 is still on production, but the we are not ready to specify release times.

Photos published on the Chinese website raises many questions:
 1. Where did this earphone come from?
 2. How did he got it?
 3. Why it looks so similar with our another model, which was planned to appear later (single-diver armature SBA-03 with a similar body)?
Neither our company nor our partners don't have an idea who are the guy and where he got these earphones.

Differences between DBA-04 and SBA-03 are: number of drivers (DBA-04 got two, and SBA-03 have only a single one), and housing material (DBA-04 is made of cool aluminum alloy, and the SBA-03 is, still cool, but metal-looking plastic, as on above photos).

Well, to sum it up – if you find any DBA-04 selling before its official release - they are not original.
Moreover, currently we are working to alter housing a bit, to protect consumers against possible fakes.

We hope, we answered on most of your questions.

If its still in the production stages take our suggestion and change the strain relief :) It's good to know fischer is finally on head-fi, welcome :D

Apr 29, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #50 of 61
Good to see some official clarifications from the main guys themselves, on the upcoming DBA-04. If it's still in work production stages like what you said, is it possible to reveal are you guys planning to change the signature sound from DBA-02, by offering something more towards warm, smooth and lush mid-range presentation akin to UM3x/SE530 phones, or are you guys refining this model to be something similar to DBA-02, by improving/tweaking the sound across the frequency response of the lows/mids/highs albeit with a sturdier housing now? If it's the latter, then considered me sold. :)

Also, I would like to highlight I'm a fan of plain black cables as opposed to braided cables that you guys used on the DBA-02, so please try not to change the cables again in the final production release for this model, I think currently the cable look as seen on the pre-production DBA-02 on the first page, looks mighty fine to me.

May 4, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #52 of 61
mmm

whats this? http://fischeraudio.com.sg/products/toughstuff-9002 $27.00 :blink:

May 4, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #54 of 61
I don`t know, they look pretty impressive from outside but I guess they are not that impressive from inside.

May 16, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #57 of 61
Nice to see an official Fischer Audio presence here on head-fi. Welcome aboard!

May 16, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #59 of 61
I contacted Dimitri from MusicaAcoustics.jp who is Fisher Audio distributor in Japan, he told me there has been a problem with DBA04 and now  no one knows when they will see the light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back