Fischer Audio DBA-04
Apr 26, 2011 at 7:18 AM Post #33 of 61
Really hard to tell from that pic but it could be similar to a Klipsch custom 2 arrangement. Paralleled drivers with no x-over. Basically, a 2 driver one way.

run that page through google translate, they read the markings off the driver. http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=www.erji.net%2Fread.php%3Ftid%3D1034273

Description: looked at the unit model, the 30262 Lou's

Apr 26, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #34 of 61

Quote:
doesn't the Chinese page disassembling (or rather breaking apart) the DBA-04 say the driver is a http://www.knowles.com/search/prods_pdf/ED-30262-000.pdf (well, at least it mentiones 30262)
although... looking at the driver impedance and FR specs, they don't match DBA-04...

No, the spec is almost right. Sensitivity changes with the housing and filter used, so that is norm to have a lower the original BA driver spec sensitivity. The listed impedance is 12ohm, which is the same as the DC resistance of ED-30262 - I know sometime manufacturer has the habit of just quoting DC resistance as impedance. The puzzle is putting itself together.

Quote:
Really hard to tell from that pic but it could be similar to a Klipsch custom 2 arrangement. Paralleled drivers with no x-over. Basically, a 2 driver one way.

What Klipsch C2 used is called a single unit dual receivers BA. The thing about this type of BA is they usually has 4 connection on the back (two for each driver, one positive and one negative). A single driver can have two or three connection, the extra one is in the middle is usually for different phase. This is why I thought it is a single driver in the first place.

Apr 26, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #35 of 61
Apr 26, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #36 of 61
> The listed impedance is 12ohm, which is the same as the DC resistance of ED-30262 - I know sometime manufacturer has the habit of just quoting DC resistance as impedance. The puzzle is putting itself together.

mmmmkay... In that case it could to be it. Although I still don't get why they wouldn't just quote the impedance quoted in the spec sheet just below. (aside from different figures at different frequencies)

If this is the same driver, aren't the FR specs quote by FA utter horse sh... (Frequency response: 20-20000 Hz
) ? In the sense that the driver spec sheet states about 70hz to about 5.5khz (-12dB)? Umm, also, isn't that a single driver (can't find anything referring to dual or double or two in the spec sheet)
Sure it might get to 20khz at -90db or something...Well, you get the point.

Apr 26, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #37 of 61

Quote:
I believe it was discussed previously on another thread that DBA-04 is not supposed to be better than DBA-02, so the lower in price makes sense.

This is correct. The DBA-02 seems to be the current top dog in that line-up. The DBA-04 is not meant to supersede the DBA-02 but rather is supposed to provide a much different sonic signature.

Apr 26, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #38 of 61
Quote:
> The listed impedance is 12ohm, which is the same as the DC resistance of ED-30262 - I know sometime manufacturer has the habit of just quoting DC resistance as impedance. The puzzle is putting itself together.

mmmmkay... In that case it could to be it. Although I still don't get why they wouldn't just quote the impedance quoted in the spec sheet just below. (aside from different figures at different frequencies)

If this is the same driver, aren't the FR specs quote by FA utter horse sh... (Frequency response: 20-20000 Hz
) ? In the sense that the driver spec sheet states about 70hz to about 5.5khz (-12dB)? Umm, also, isn't that a single driver (can't find anything referring to dual or double or two in the spec sheet)
Sure it might get to 20khz at -90db or something...Well, you get the point.

Yep, it's a single but there's more out there than they show on the site so there may be a dual that fits the bill. Just very hard to tell from the pic and there may be BA manufacturers that we're not aware of. I've seen product disappear and reappear a few times on the Knowles site. Maybe Fischer meant dual as L+R.
wink_face.gif

Apr 26, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #39 of 61

Yep, it's a single but there's more out there than they show on the site so there may be a dual that fits the bill. Just very hard to tell from the pic and there may be BA manufacturers that we're not aware of. I've seen product disappear and reappear a few times on the Knowles site. Maybe Fischer meant dual as L+R.
wink_face.gif

true, but the chances of them reusing the same part number seem fairly remote. (although maybe we don't have the full code or something :D )

>Maybe Fischer meant dual as L+R.

lol. just like they might mean 20hz-20khz at -60db :D

Apr 26, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #40 of 61
http://fischer-products.ru/catalog/all/master-series/DBA_04 
[size=100%][size=100%]SPECIFICATIONS[/size][/size]

1. [size=100%][size=100%]Speaker type: double balanced armature.[/size][/size]
  2. [size=100%][size=100%]Frequency response: 20-20000 Hz.[/size][/size]
  3. [size=100%][size=100%]Sensitivity: 99 dB.[/size][/size]
  4. [size=100%][size=100%]Impedance: 12 ohms.[/size][/size]
  5. [size=100%][size=100%] Input power: 55 mW.[/size][/size]

[size=100%][size=100%]I'd hate to think they got this wrong,[/size][/size]

Apr 26, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #41 of 61

Quote:
http://www.sonion.com/Products/Transducers/Receivers/~/media/Files/Products/Data%20Sheets/Transducers/Receivers/Receivers%204000/Receiver%204400/44A004_v2.ashx  

Not saying it's this driver as the impedance doesn't match just like the effeciency doesn't on the Knowles but it's an example of a dual with only one set of terminals. I'm just taking Fischer at their word on the press release as quoted b Joker earlier in this thread and trying to make the pegs fit.

You are right, those are the one that design to maximize output by simply doubling the internal receiver (but also half the efficiency). I PM'ed that member over at erji.net and see if I can figure out the BA number from him.

BTW, it was mentioned the DBA-04 was not the final product, just leak form the factory, so it might not be the same BA at the end.

Apr 26, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #43 of 61
You are right, those are the one that design to maximize output by simply doubling the internal receiver (but also half the efficiency). I PM'ed that member over at erji.net and see if I can figure out the BA number from him.

BTW, it was mentioned the DBA-04 was not the final product, just leak form the factory, so it might not be the same BA at the end.

m, thanks for that, I was about to do it as well. Please keep us posted. Maybe the guy there will confirm it's the single knowles driver, or open it up to check the number of BAs :D

Apr 29, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #45 of 61
Considering Fischer has a "single" BA named the SBA-01, I'd be confident in thinking the DBA-04 is a dual BA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back