Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Aug 28, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #272 of 2,161
Aug 29, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #275 of 2,161
Quote:
Cecala check the asg2 forum it seems music have tested and compared the amps with the asg2 too it seems he preferred the amps, maybe he can tell us a bit here

Thanks will do, although for other members and time savings always post a link.
wink_face.gif

Post by Music_4321

"First off, I'd like to thank Eke for being brave—yes, brave—and confident enough to have his ASG-2s tested / auditioned by several (experienced) head-fiers, some of whom he knows will be very honest—too honest perhaps!—even if they happen to like him and know how fond he is of the ASG-2s. It isn't always easy to get genuine impressions which are not too coloured by biases, agendas, friendship / peer pressure, people with close ties to the manufacturer, etc. Not easy, either, to get someone with Eke's genuine will / spirit to search, find out, and not be easily fooled by so much BS, marketing gimmicks and plenty of snake oil found in our so-called hobby. But Eke, like all of us, has his own preferences, too, and enthusiasm that sometimes may get the better of most of us; Eke's genuinely passionate about music and gear—always a good thing in by book… AND exploring and learning.

Okay, have done a bit of A/Bing between the AF-4s & ASG-2s (about 20 mins). Unfortunately, when I switch from the F4s to the G2s, something seems to be missing with the latter — can't quite put my finger on it yet, but the F4s sound more natural, more even, so to speak. The G2s seem to be missing something particularly when they transition between the midrange to higher registers; the only word I can think of is something sounds a bit 'hollow', something just not quite right. But I need to stress that I only notice this more clearly when switching from the F4s to the G2s (which I can do very quickly with my V200 which has two HP outs).

Also, the F4s do seem to reach deeper (sub-bass area) than the G2s — some, though I know this may seem contradictory, may not enjoy that aspect of the F4s that much. The G2's dynamic driver may have the slight upper hand in texture and timbre over the F4s, but only very slightly. I think some people may genuinely prefer the G2s. Not me…. so far... and I still believe more people would find the F4s more their cup of tea.

If I'm comparing the F4s with the G2s, it's because I've only recently got the former, and both IEMs are similarly priced: The FA-4E, a German-made IEM, retails for 385€ (~$510) but can be had for less even in the USA as the on-line shop that sells the FA-4 deducts German tax (~20%) when shipping outside the EU (though you have to add shipping costs to the USA / outside the EU, but it still works out cheaper for people residing outside the EU).

Perhaps our grumpy sparrow is just a bloody FA-4 fanboy but he just won't admit it!"

Somebody's turned into a fanboy.
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #278 of 2,161
Mine came in, but are at work. I took a few days off so I'll finally get them tomorrow.
They arrived at the US post office on Friday, but work didn't pick up mail until yesterday because of the US Labor Day holiday.
As I said I've been off, so hopefully tomorrow they will be sitting on my desk.

Can hardly wait....

Sep 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #279 of 2,161
Finally the man of the boat found the way and delivered the parcel, really want to hear your impressions too!

I'm sure the wait will worth what about taxes?

there's another review of the fa 4e xb in thomann from a german bass-drummer he uses them in stage and said the amps are nothing but fantastic, i used google translate so i won't upload the translation if burtonchell or another german gal/guy around here want to translate I'll be glad to upload it

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #280 of 2,161
Here we go:

Quote:
Perfect for drummer/bass player

After some InEars for 100 EUR with a disappointing presentation these are the perfect inear monitoring plugs for me.

As a bass player I need a very precise representation of low- and mid -frequencies and it lives up with these inears without a flaw.

Beside the clear playback of all details you get enough drive with them for having a lot of fun for a never-glaze sounding.

The punch of tight beaten bass drum kicks or attacks on bass strings becoming never as drown as usual or appear lifeless.

Additionally it sounds all easy to separate and little details in highs appear as super clear in presentation.

With large silicon tips I have a perfect fit and I can jump around while playing and the fit still remains dead certain without getting unpleasant.

So it has to be meant if you want to go off the rails and having great fun.

I´m perfectly happy with this treasures.

Sep 5, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #281 of 2,161
Mine came in, but are at work. I took a few days off so I'll finally get them tomorrow.
They arrived at the US post office on Friday, but work didn't pick up mail until yesterday because of the US Labor Day holiday.
As I said I've been off, so hopefully tomorrow they will be sitting on my desk.

Can hardly wait....

I am looking forward to your impressions in particular as you have heard asg2 (and I think sd3 & 1plus2?)

Sep 5, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #284 of 2,161
No comparisons yet, but from the limited time I have had with these, I find them simply amazing.
First off, they are very lightweight and comfortable. For me a seal was fairly easy to get using Ortofon tips, either medium or large.
Built quality is fairly nice. They seem sturdy enough.

As for sound, they capture the full spectrum of sound without sounding overly dark or bright.
They go deep, very deep without bump on any of the lower registers, as is often the case with earphones that try to stress the low end.
Highs are clear and crisp.
As I'm currently listening to electronic instrumental music,  I can't really comment yet on mids and vocals.

These earphones really sound excellent, without making a true comparison, they are in the same playing field as the SD3 and ASG-2.
A remarkable accomplishment from a company that I have only recently heard about.

I'm listening to this compilation, btw,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w5zzHZ6-ZU&list=PLjAN2Ez8EzGrB4h0m6UbXcx9l_tVynKXm&index=2

Free and legal download here. 
Sounds wonderful with the FA-4's.

Sep 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #285 of 2,161
  No comparisons yet, but from the limited time I have had with these, I find them simply amazing.
First off, they are very lightweight and comfortable. For me a seal was fairly easy to get using Ortofon tips, either medium or large.
Built quality is fairly nice. They seem sturdy enough.

As for sound, they capture the full spectrum of sound without sounding overly dark or bright.
They go deep, very deep without bump on any of the lower registers, as is often the case with earphones that try to stress the low end.
Highs are clear and crisp.
As I'm currently listening to electronic instrumental music,  I can't really comment yet on mids and vocals.

These earphones really sound excellent, without making a true comparison, they are in the same playing field as the SD3 and ASG-2.
A remarkable accomplishment from a company that I have only recently heard about.

I'm listening to this compilation, btw,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w5zzHZ6-ZU&list=PLjAN2Ez8EzGrB4h0m6UbXcx9l_tVynKXm&index=2

Free and legal download here. 
Sounds wonderful with the FA-4's.

Out of curiosity, how much did they end up costing in the USA? I'm really interested in these. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back