Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Sep 6, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #286 of 2,161

Out of curiosity, how much did they end up costing in the USA? I'm really interested in these. 

They were $488 with shipping to the US.

Sep 6, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #287 of 2,161

They were $488 with shipping to the US.

Hm... not bad. Looks like I need to start saving my pennies for a pair.

Sep 6, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #288 of 2,161
Got them through Thomann, they have B-stock as well which would save you $50 or so.
Shipping was slow, but when I ordered the Stage Diver SD3's from them shipping was fast, so go figure.
Anyway, they were a bit of a pain, I had to email them copies of my credentials so they could prove that I wasn't an imposter (with identifying numbers marked out), this after having ordered from them in the past
mad.gif

Still, I would order from them again, as their prices were very good for both these and the Stage Divers.

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #289 of 2,161
  Got them through Thomann, they have B-stock as well which would save you $50 or so.
Shipping was slow, but when I ordered the Stage Diver SD3's from them shipping was fast, so go figure.
Anyway, they were a bit of a pain, I had to email them copies of my credentials so they could prove that I wasn't an imposter (with identifying numbers marked out), this after having ordered from them in the past
mad.gif

Still, I would order from them again, as their prices were very good for both these and the Stage Divers.

That's who I'd order from, unless a Head-fier is going to be parting with these for less than that. But that doesn't seem likely at this point.

I can't wait to see your comparisons though! Especially with the ASG-2s which I already own (and really enjoy)

Sep 6, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #290 of 2,161
Happy to hear that they didn't dissapoint you as you were the first one who trusted what i said and bought them! waiting for further impressions and a comparation with the heir 5.0 too! it seems all the owners are very happy and impressed with the amps except mrhizzo

Later I'll listen to the music linked

Sep 6, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #291 of 2,161
  No comparisons yet, but from the limited time I have had with these, I find them simply amazing.
First off, they are very lightweight and comfortable. For me a seal was fairly easy to get using Ortofon tips, either medium or large.
Built quality is fairly nice. They seem sturdy enough.

As for sound, they capture the full spectrum of sound without sounding overly dark or bright.
They go deep, very deep without bump on any of the lower registers, as is often the case with earphones that try to stress the low end.
Highs are clear and crisp.
As I'm currently listening to electronic instrumental music,  I can't really comment yet on mids and vocals.

These earphones really sound excellent, without making a true comparison, they are in the same playing field as the SD3 and ASG-2.
A remarkable accomplishment from a company that I have only recently heard about.

I'm listening to this compilation, btw,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w5zzHZ6-ZU&list=PLjAN2Ez8EzGrB4h0m6UbXcx9l_tVynKXm&index=2

Free and legal download here. 
Sounds wonderful with the FA-4's.

So you don't like them at all.
wink.gif

Kurdt-bada, looks like you have found a magical ear piece. Still though, very few people from the other threads have come over to ask a question or two.

Sep 6, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #292 of 2,161
Yep thanks cecala you did it! are you going with them finally?

Carlsan well everybody! check this song with the amps (or without them) they deliver deep bass, soundstage, detail and sparkle as hell hehe... fabulous song one of my favourites of this year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcC-AQNUCNE

Sep 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #293 of 2,161
Glad you like it, Cecala and your description of the sound signature is spot on.
Im really enjoying mine day after day. Oh, and how comfortable they are..
Kurt, time to update your first post and dont forget to include my comparison with CK100PRO.

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 4

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #296 of 2,161
This is my first post these bad boys are grabbing my attention can anyone do a brief comparison fischer amps fa-4e xb vs the Phonak pfe 232 could save me a lot of money lol thanks guys.

Sep 12, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #297 of 2,161
I thought to reshell my um3x and get the ba5 from cosmic ears before i got the amps so i saved lot of money with the 3 years of warranty, as I'm not thinking in getting more expensive gear in this period at least for now... I'm really enjoying them a lot and they fit my music preferences great

About the pfe 232 i know 2 people who prefer the amps over them.  Starting from what they told me the pfe are more v shaped with sometimes piercing treble or excessive bass, they put the pfe in the same league as the um3x, w4, se 535...and to them the amps are in another tier, but as i said is their opinion I've never heard the pfe 232.

Sep 12, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #298 of 2,161
Strange because all incredibly different signatures.

W4 probably the most "consumer friendly" of those you list straight out of a smartphone. SE535 recessed treble and mellow bass may not be truly appreciated without a good sit-down listen (although amping it = wow). As a big fan of the UM2 having owned it for 6-years, the UM3X is hard to recommend purely because the monitoring small soundstage is a limiting factor once you explore the market

PFE 232 when amped through Pico Power less v-shaped. The mids take on this placement that create a more fullsome sound.

I have maintained for anyone who listens that Heir 4.Ai mids + 4.Ai treble + PFE 232 bass = perfection (straight out of smartphone). I discounted the SD3 as bass quantity too overbearing for my tastes. Not sure why Heir went with the same "full sound" with 5.0 instead of just enhancing the 4.Ai baseline

I will probably try FA-4 one day once my current diversion in home audio is over with. Well unless the 1plus2 gets a price-drop and believe you me I am there

Sep 12, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #299 of 2,161
Yep but they think the amps are more complete-full sounding than those, independently the different signatures. as i think of my other iems too(ex1000, sm3v2 and broken um3, shure535) to me they simply do more things better, in fact my ex1000 and sm3 are in the case since i got the amps

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #300 of 2,161
Thanks guys I've decided to save and get the amps will eventually post some comparisons when i get them from the sounds of it going to be awesome have yet to find a pair of iem's that out did my first pair of ue triple fi 10's mostly due to the incredible instrument separation i sold them then bought them again just not the same hummm pretty sure you can buy the same earphone and have a slightly different sound each time just hope i get a good pair lol should do though Germany is pretty awesome for that kinda stuff :) thanks again for the fast responses 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back