Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Sep 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #301 of 2,161
Carlsan,
I am looking forward to and am sure are others on further impressions/comparisons in particular to asg2, sd3, 1plus2, ath-ck100pro and more.

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #302 of 2,161
I talked with him through pm this is what he told me: "I've been listening to them pretty much non-stop when I listen to earphones.
I think they are excellent, and I am going to write up some sort of review. I want to sit down and do a comparison with the SD3 and ASG2."

He has been busy these past days

Congrats dnun8086 for your decision coming from the tf10 you will be probably blown away with the amps as it's said they are first class triple fi 10

Sep 16, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #303 of 2,161
Kurdt-bada, do you think I should order through Thomanns or Fishers web-site?
BTW, http://fischer-amps.de is down and has been for a while.

Sep 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #304 of 2,161
I talked with him through pm this is what he told me: "I've been listening to them pretty much non-stop when I listen to earphones.
I think they are excellent, and I am going to write up some sort of review. I want to sit down and do a comparison with the SD3 and ASG2."

He has been busy these past days

Congrats dnun8086 for your decision coming from the tf10 you will be probably blown away with the amps as it's said they are first class triple fi 10

Yes, that's it. I tend to go back and forth with the AMPS and the ASG2's. For comfort and lying in bed listening I do prefer the Amps. They both sound excellent to my ears. 

Sep 16, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #305 of 2,161
Through thomann Cecala they'll give you 3 years of warranty and sell you cheaper in case you have to pay taxes if not you pay 20% less than us europeans, it's a no brainer the order could have some delay like Carlsan parcel...Don't know about the FA site though-checked it's not down i can see it

From what i read Carlsan you prefer the asg2 and the amps to the sd3?

I'm listenning to xtc fossil fuel singles disc 2 and with this very well recorded songs and the detail available in each of them it's not easy to avoid say wow each second

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #308 of 2,161
I just emailed Thomanns as their pricing does not add up for me. As I am purchasing outside the EU therefore they should remove the 19% Vat tax making them 325 Euros, although their checkout says 335 Euros all before postage. Will wait and see what they say.

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #309 of 2,161
From what i read Carlsan you prefer the asg2 and the amps to the sd3?

I'm listenning to xtc fossil fuel singles disc 2 and with this very well recorded songs and the detail available in each of them it's not easy to avoid say wow each second

For now that is the case.
I prefer the sound of the ASG2 and the size/fit of the Amps (sound is quite good as well).
The ASG2's have a very additive low end, extended and slightly boomy but real nice for a lot of music. The bass to the mids sound very realistic and full to my ears. The amps also have a real nice extended low end but not as boomy, it's  deep bass extension is clearer. The low end hits hard when needed, but not as hard as the SD3. The SD3 have a wonder full slam to them, but the bass is not as extended as the first two. But in the end the Amps fit better, and isolate better than the other two.

More on that in when I have some time to write up my observations and thoughts. But I have to say that all three are excellent earphones and I would have to really think about it if I was to resell any one of them. I also admit that listening to the AMPS and the ASG2's and to be fair, the SD3's, give me so much pleasure that I really do forget to notice the differences and write them up. I'll try to listen more critically so as to give an honest review that others can use.

Speaking of XTC, I always loved this song by them:

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #310 of 2,161
Thanks Carlsan,
Can you say something regarding treble/sparkle and Sound stage differences between the above.
Also for my own interest can you quickly throw the ATH-Ck100Pro into the mix.

Sep 17, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #312 of 2,161
  I just emailed Thomanns as their pricing does not add up for me. As I am purchasing outside the EU therefore they should remove the 20% Vat tax making them 308 Euros, although their checkout says 335 Euros all before postage. Will wait and see what they say.

Cecala the real price is 385 euros i guess 335 is with the 20 % vat deduced, Carlsan paid 335 euros not 308

Carlsan what about the others listed and the heir 5.0?

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #314 of 2,161

I also admit that listening to the AMPS and the ASG2's and to be fair, the SD3's, give me so much pleasure that I really do forget to notice the differences and write them up.

That's how i feel each time i use my amps I'm completely satisfied with them and getting a new pair of iems is not one of my priorities right now

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #315 of 2,161
  Cecala the real price is 385 euros i guess 335 is with the 20 % vat deduced, Carlsan paid 335 euros not 308

Carlsan what about the others listed and the heir 5.0?

I pulled out the  ATH-Ck100Pro for Cecala and will throw in the Heir's as well into the mix. Time and patience permitting I'll add a few of my other earphones.

Btw, pulled out my copy of XTC's Fossil Fuels, listening to the disc 2, good stuff. They are definitely the spiritual heirs of the Beatles, Kinks, and the best of British pop-rock. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back