Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Oct 2, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #408 of 2,161
  Not yet. If I prefer them over SD3, I will. Or if the FA4 can replace both SD2 and SD3 in one strike - that would be perfect!

popcorn.gif
 take time and try different tips , i think your first affair with the fa 4e demo was a bit short.

Let's see if they can replace the others xD but i guess the soundsignatures are quite different anyway the fa 4e have replaced completely my ex 1000- sm3 v2 listenings

Wow sect44 you sold your ck100 pro and the pfe 232 i guess the amps grow on you 
wink_face.gif
 , do you still think the ck100 pro soundstage is bigger? i ask because i find the fa soundstage very close in width to the ex1000

My stock cable died i have to use the pearl from effect studio i didn't like that it tame the highs let's see how i find it these days

Oct 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #409 of 2,161
  The FA-4E XB are on their way to me. I will mostly focus on a comparison with SD3 but I can throw in some IE800, SD2 or CIEM Stage 3 in as well. (To some extent also some fading memories of past IEMs like FA-3E, UE900 or W4.)

I'd be interested in this, but I think the curiosity for me mainly is the fit of the sd's.  Eke2k6 has got some fa's in as well to have a listen.

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #410 of 2,161

Wow, considering you said the Ck100Pros had better mids, treble and soundstage it still went. I suppose when you listen for an extended period and play many different tracks and genres you get a better handle on things.
I'll be waiting for your take on the Senns although I remember Music_4321 saying he prefered the Fischers over them. It will be interesting if you come to the same conclusion..

CK100PRO has better mids;  treble, on the other hand, despite being more extended, caused fatigue after long listening sessions. The main problem for me was fitting issues, didn't like how they stay in the ears always giving the feeling its about to fall out because of its rounded design. Also, didn't pair very well with AK120, too bright and lacking bass, which obviously is not the case with FA-4.

popcorn.gif
 take time and try different tips , i think your first affair with the fa 4e demo was a bit short.

Let's see if they can replace the others xD but i guess the soundsignatures are quite different anyway the fa 4e have replaced completely my ex 1000- sm3 v2 listenings

Wow sect44 you sold your ck100 pro and the pfe 232 i guess the amps grow on you 
wink_face.gif
 , do you still think the ck100 pro soundstage is bigger? i ask because i find the fa soundstage very close in width to the ex1000

My stock cable died i have to use the pearl from effect studio i didn't like that it tame the highs let's see how i find it these days

Soundstage is on par with FA-4, maybe a little wider but not as deep because bass is weaker. Just found a guy interested in both and sold, not sure it was a good idea regarding pfe 232 because I really like it. FA-4 is a real keeper for now
gs1000.gif

Oct 3, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #411 of 2,161
Glad you enjoy them, the good thing of the fa is that you get bright sound and punchy bass, not too bright or not too bassy but enough to satisfy most of the users, with detail, clarity and huge soundstage and very good mids too i must say.

I bought the fiio rc-wt1 cable for the fa cause my stock cable is dying, let's see if it's an upgrade or at least as good as the stock as it's cheaper, thanks Carlsan for the recommendation :)

Oct 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #413 of 2,161
Glad you enjoy them, the good thing of the fa is that you get bright sound and punchy bass, not too bright or not too bassy but enough to satisfy most of the users, with detail, clarity and huge soundstage and very good mids too i must say.

I bought the fiio rc-wt1 cable for the fa cause my stock cable is dying, let's see if it's an upgrade or at least as good as the stock as it's cheaper, thanks Carlsan for the recommendation
smily_headphones1.gif

You will need to post a mini review of the cable when received and I find the music clip you posted interesting.

Oct 3, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #414 of 2,161
sure I'm starting to appreciate the qualities of the pearl cable, while the treble is less extended everything seems better with more detail if it only have the same sparkle as the stock it would be simply awesome anyway the mids are great(specially voices and guitars) with deeper bass, detail and better soundstage... glad you liked the song

Oct 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #415 of 2,161
Quick impressions of the FA-4 in the last paragraph:

Quote:

(Really) Initial Impressions:

Equipment: hifimediy asyncronous 24/96 DAC -> matrix m-stage. iPod Classic 6th gen -> Tralucent T1. iPhone 4.

All phones using ortofon tips, except the g2, which has tf10 tips.

Starting with the Cardas...Carlsan told me he put about 20 hours of burn on them, and I left them almost at max on my clip+ overnight. My impressions remain the same. It's a dark phone, but it's dark and sweet (to borrow a term from tinyman). It sounds almost like a dynamic driver version of the Stage Diver 3, except I remember the SD3 being a bit more on the dry side. Vocals have a slight fuzz around them in the centerstage, which is interesting because cues at the left/right extremes have good clarity. On Ben Howard's The Wolves, background vocals are rather subdued/clouded. The paradox is that there's a good bit of detail. Switching to the G2 is like removing foam from your ears. Strangely, I don't find the G2 to have much more detail than the Cardas, but it's just so much clearer, and the bass is a good deal cleaner without the bloat. I definitely hear more mid-bass in the Cardas as well. Did I mention the G2's clarity over the Cardas? The Cardas is also more intimate sounding overall to my ears.

On to the FA-4E.

The most linear of the bunch, with the cleanest, but least impactful bass. The bass really is a thing of beauty in its ability to punch and get out of the way. It reminds me of my Ety HF5, but with better extension down low. The mids are also very, very nice. The upper mids are a good deal more forward than in the ASG-2, giving better clarity and more transitional nuance in the space between the treble and mids. This also means you have to pump up the volume a notch or two in the G2 to get the same type of presence in the upper mids. The FA-4's mids have the ability to be more delicate, which is great for female vocalists like Ingrid Michaelson, and male singers like Dallas Green. The treble is perfectly aligned with the sound sig, but loses slightly to the G2's timbre. I'd take the FA-4's upper mid presence though. In my time listening, I haven't found myself wishing for more sub-bass extension or presence...amazing for a BA based phone. 

My current standings: FA-4 = G2 > Cardas.

That's all for now. I'll do more this weekend, and I'll see what Gavin's silver/gold hybrid cable does to the FA-4's signature.

Oct 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #417 of 2,161
  very nice impressions not bad for an unperceived phone... by the way do you think about the soundstage-separation?

I don't find it quite as large as the G2, but it definitely has greater separation thanks to the sound signature.

Oct 3, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #419 of 2,161
  but it is wide for a ba based phone isn't it?

I don't really think driver technology has much to do with soundstage size, but it is certainly not narrow. I've heard wider BA phones, but the FA-4 makes great use of height and depth as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back