Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Sep 28, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #391 of 2,161
There is more treble presence in the amps than in the sm3 v2 without any doubt as you can see the fa 4e xb treble goes to 18,5. The sound of the amps is more bright due the treble presence and due to the clarity, the amps are way more clear while the sm3 are a bit dark sounding...there's also significant more detail in the amps.

The sound is quite different but i feel the amps are in another class anyway if you find the sm3 v2 treble is too hot im not sure if the amps are for you but the treble is very well done in the amps

Thanks. Maybe I should try to piggy back a listen from Cecala since he's in the same city as me :D

Sep 28, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #392 of 2,161
wink.gif

hmmm well I did have a problem with sm3v2's treble, but I'm a bit cautious about you describing amps as brighter than sm3v2 (i'd be concerned if it's either 'metalic' or too pronounced or sibilant, but you've ruled sibilance out for fa4)... I think the issues I had with 3v2 was the treble was too 'hot' ((quantity)not quite sibilance) and had a distinct peak (position of the peak in the FR as well) (well, 3 distinct peaks over the whole spectrum but treble peak included)

the final bit that stops me is the fr chart similarity with TF10s that costs $260
smily_headphones1.gif
(and has polarizing reviews where people either love or hate them
biggrin.gif
) . any direct comparisons.? (edit, ops that's fa3 not 4)

From what I've read, the Fischers are a very refined TF10 which here have a prodigious following.

Sep 29, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #393 of 2,161
As for 1pl2. The universal demo I heard wasn't great seal wise.
And price wise rhapsodio rdb+v1 is sonically pretty similar and half to 1/3 the price. Unfortunately the
wide semi conical nozzle characteristic of the design and doesn't fit me well and I don't want a custom

let me disagree on this. i have both 1p2 and rdb+v1 and price difference is justified here. some similarities do exist but 1p2 is all superior in implementation and is several leagues ahead.
i would not want to confuse people who did not hear both side by side. i wish to tell cheaper offering is as good but truth to be told this is not. V1 is Ok IEM but will struggle for the price and that's why Rhapsodio now seems dropping the price for mini version.

lets say using car comparison V1 to 1p2 is akin Toyota Camry to Lexus 400LS

Sep 29, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #395 of 2,161
let me disagree on this. i have both 1p2 and rdb+v1 and price difference is justified here. some similarities do exist but 1p2 is all superior in implementation and is several leagues ahead.
i would not want to confuse people who did not hear both side by side. i wish to tell cheaper offering is as good but truth to be told this is not. V1 is Ok IEM but will struggle for the price and that's why Rhapsodio now seems dropping the price for mini version.

lets say using car comparison V1 to 1p2 is akin Toyota Camry to Lexus 400LS
i think they're more boutique cars assembled by hand for each order... similar looking ones with a shared heritage and design roots. with rather different business/marketing strategies and new R&D post separation. I've heard dissenting opinions on whether the 1+2 is worth it for the price difference who were either part of both demo runs, or own them as well, but that's a rather individual thing. All of them indeed agreed 1p2 was better.

anyhow... can't find a price for either - rhapsodio look to be rebooting their lineup, site and marketing and i have no idea what the new products or pricing will be, and 1p2 doesn't list a price on T.com. I couldn't get used to the wind noise and ergonomics 1+2 (initial build) or RDB v1/v1 mini. Pity BA in the nozzle and specific tuning reportedly don't allow for a longer nozzle and wider body that sits in the concha or goes deep enough into the ear canal for me to seal and isolate well...

(while I doubt I'd ever spend $1500 on an IEM again, especially given the form factor/fit/wind noise still seem non-negotiable(?)) I know Tralucent got a new DD and tweaked the xover so it well may sound better than RDB+v1 (don't subscribe to the 'gold wires inside bit' :wink: . Unfortunately I'm not sure which DD on the RDB you heard since they had a couple of iterations (which no doubt wasn't good for perception). I've asked H20 to maybe get me a spot on the 1+2 in the aus tour. (i only heard their first version)

>Cecala you ordered them finally?

Oh I thought he/she received them and was going to ask to meet up for a quick demo in exchange of a demo of universal UM merlins and T-PEOS h-200. (looking to see if they isolate/fit any good compared to larger universal molds with longer nozzles and if they'll stay in my ears and if I'll be ok with the treble)

also, still hoping Sony's XBA-H3 will be decent.

Sep 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #398 of 2,161
I've heard they are going to release new models on early 2014 and a guy i know from Spain is going to bring them to his store, it seems he talked with vsonic...there are pictures, short descriptions and prices of them but very few information yet

And there is a flagship announced too it's said is going to compete with the ie800 and the k3003 for about 500$ but i think the fa do this now

Sep 29, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #400 of 2,161
Svir, I am sorry to tell this but v1 will not catch up with 1p2. i concur v1 retains elements of fun and sounds spacious, but 1p2 is another league and is high end sounding IEMs, plus 1p2 has superb stable imaging and depth is unparallel for IEM while v1 has some tuning problem and images sometimes travel way too much. I do not want go on full list and do comparison but believe me 1p2 beats v1 hands down. Otherwise i would not have bought 1p2 after v1. Oh yeah, and black space on v1 is more grey sometimes.

If you want to know my opinion I believe Gavin and Tralucent did magic, really magic, because I never believed a small IEM can deliver the slam of full way high end speaker... boy oh boy, 1p2 really can and delivers musical pleasure in spades.

Do not get me wrong, v1 is good IEM but it is not close to 1p2 no matter how you try and what source you use. If you want something similar but more polite and softer then look for K3003 which costs nearly as much.

NB: If I would think about upgrading I would buy another pair of 1p2 with Uber cable :)

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #401 of 2,161
Fischer Amps FA-4E XB + Heaven Variant = Happy face

Someone asked if the Amps are sibilant, not in the slightest. They have sparkle and undoubtedly some emphasis up top, but despite being quite prone to sibilance, I never have any issues with the treble at all. They are just an incredibly balanced, yet supremely engaging pair of IEMs. I'd easily take them over any other IEM south of the $1k border, customs included, and many beyond that to boot 
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #402 of 2,161
I feel they are balanced too not V sounding, but the extension is awesome at both ends

Fischer amps description of the fa 4e xb is maximum brilliant sound and i believe them

What we didn't talk about is that the fa 4e xb are very easy to drive at least they sound great through all my players...

As i've never heard anything apart my ex1000, 535, um3x and sm3 v2 i can't compare the fa 4e with other more expensive iems but the fa are in a whole different class than the others I've listened too, and they are fun to listen as hell

Oct 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #403 of 2,161
Well, I listened to many IEMs in different price ranges and FA-4 is is an overall better product. I just sold PFE232 and CK100PRO because wasn't listening to them anymore, although very good.
You name it: SE535, UE900, Westone 4r, Sony XBA-40. Good IEMs but not as pleasant as FA-4. 
I'll be doing an A/B with IE800 soon...

Oct 2, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #404 of 2,161
  Well, I listened to many IEMs in different price ranges and FA-4 is is an overall better product. I just sold PFE232 and CK100PRO because wasn't listening to them anymore, although very good.
You name it: SE535, UE900, Westone 4r, Sony XBA-40. Good IEMs but not as pleasant as FA-4.
I'll be doing an A/B with IE800 soon...

Wow, considering you said the Ck100Pros had better mids, treble and soundstage it still went. I suppose when you listen for an extended period and play many different tracks and genres you get a better handle on things.
I'll be waiting for your take on the Senns although I remember Music_4321 saying he prefered the Fischers over them. It will be interesting if you come to the same conclusion..

Oct 2, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #405 of 2,161
The FA-4E XB are on their way to me. I will mostly focus on a comparison with SD3 but I can throw in some IE800, SD2 or CIEM Stage 3 in as well. (To some extent also some fading memories of past IEMs like FA-3E, UE900 or W4.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back