Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Sep 27, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #377 of 2,161
Apparently...
That just cut down the fans of FA4 by one third. 
biggrin.gif

Just kidding!

I was told Joker has the StageDivers for review and I think it will subsequently draw attention to German IEMs in general.
Thinking about it, Germany is very strong right now. The popularity of InEar, Fischer Amps and Rhines Customs/ Vision Ears is heating up. 

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #379 of 2,161
Hopefully he will be back after a week or so.

Sep 28, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #382 of 2,161

Am I pushing the 'Need to Know' boundries if I ask why?

i am also curious, why??? some transparency would not hurt.

Sep 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #383 of 2,161
muust not buy...
when they say vented - is the body vented as well, or only the bass drivers into the shell? (the reason I ask is I have major occlusion problems with pure sealed BA IEMs)
between June and Now - did anyone have any significant issues?
is the cable removable and what sockets if it is? (kinda looks like westone so i'm hoping my spare UM cables will fit). can't really see if flush or recessed sockets.
how's the sound isolation on these?
where do buy it (preferably closer to australia :D . i only found thomann and I hate ordering from them (yea, I can't wait to give them 50 eur to ship them here).)
looking at the FR chart - anyone compare 3 and 4? http://www.head-fi.org/t/667638/fischer-amps-fa-4-e-xb-new-4-ba-iem-from-germany/30#post_9700093
finally, any thoughts on this vs heir 5.0 (aside from the whole - 'amg no more wizard at heir thing')

Sep 28, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #384 of 2,161
Sep 28, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #385 of 2,161
Hi svyr the bass drivers are vented but the shell is closed isolation is very good...it seems we haven't had build quality or technical issues yet apart the one with the sticked lyrics.

The cable is removable they come with the same cable which come with earsonics iems.

If you google them you can find a few more online stores with them but i guess thomann is the best option due the warranty and the deduced taxes.

I did a little comparation between the 3 and 4 in the first post

Carlsan owns the fa and tested the 5.0

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #386 of 2,161
... finally, any thoughts on this vs heir 5.0 (aside from the whole - 'amg no more wizard at heir thing')

Heir 5.0 is an excellent earphone, but is slightly more laid back than the Amps.
The Amps are easier to fit and seal, actually one of the easiest earphones to fit and seal that I have ever used. The Heirs are fairly easy to fit, but not quite as easy as the Amps.
Sonically the Amps have  a great deep extension without much of a mid-bass bump that other earphones often have. The Amps have crisp highs, good mids, and sound great with whatever you throw at them. They seem  to retain a fun sound while still capturing the complete sonic spectrum.
To my ears neither are sibliant.
To me, the Heirs are more laid back and lack that sense of excitement that I get from the Amps, the Heirs also have good bass extension but it seems to hit harder and quicker on the amps.
They both have good mids and highs, but again the Amps have slightly more life to them. They both have excellent detail as well.

To choose just one, I would keep the Amps over the Heirs but that would be tough to, as I do enjoy the Heirs for what they give.

I should add that I think that both earphones perform incredibly well at their related price points. They are both better that any $200-$400 earphones that I have heard, and may be very close or equal to $1000 earphones, but I have only heard the 1plus2 and that one is really the best earphone in my collection. The 1plus2 is a stay at home earphone, the the Heir's and Amps are both very portable.

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #387 of 2,161
I see thanks. From the description I 'd probably prefer 4exb. Speaking of Earsonics 3v2, Any idea if the treble on is 4exb similar?
Earsonics cable is westone from memory. Maybe revervsed pins.
Are the sockets flush or recessed?

As for 1pl2. The universal demo I heard wasn't great seal wise.
And price wise rhapsodio rdb+v1 is sonically pretty similar and half to 1/3 the price. Unfortunately the
wide semi conical nozzle characteristic of the design and doesn't fit me well and I don't want a custom

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #388 of 2,161
I own the sm3v2 and the treble is not similar, the fa 4e xb treble is more extended and bright but never sibilant, the sm3v2 without the filters have more treble presence but is not even as extended or bright as the amps and is more sibilant. I think the sockets are recessed

Sep 28, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #389 of 2,161
:wink:
I own the sm3v2 and the treble is not similar, the fa 4e xb treble is more extended and bright but never sibilant, the sm3v2 without the filters have more treble presence but is not even as extended or bright as the amps and is more sibilant. I think the sockets are recessed

hmmm well I did have a problem with sm3v2's treble, but I'm a bit cautious about you describing amps as brighter than sm3v2 (i'd be concerned if it's either 'metalic' or too pronounced or sibilant, but you've ruled sibilance out for fa4)... I think the issues I had with 3v2 was the treble was too 'hot' ((quantity)not quite sibilance) and had a distinct peak (position of the peak in the FR as well) (well, 3 distinct peaks over the whole spectrum but treble peak included)

the final bit that stops me is the fr chart similarity with TF10s that costs $260 :) (and has polarizing reviews where people either love or hate them :D ) . any direct comparisons.? (edit, ops that's fa3 not 4)

Sep 28, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #390 of 2,161
There is more treble presence in the amps than in the sm3 v2 without any doubt as you can see the fa 4e xb treble goes to 18,5. The sound of the amps is more bright due the treble presence and due to the clarity, the amps are way more clear while the sm3 are a bit dark sounding...there's also significant more detail in the amps.

The sound is quite different but i feel the amps are in another class anyway if you find the sm3 v2 treble is too hot im not sure if the amps are for you but the treble is very well done in the amps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back