First UE11 Impressions
Feb 19, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #1,577 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by spraggih /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations!

NOW POST SOME PICS!
smily_headphones1.gif

sure thing! will do once i get my digital camera back from my frd.
also....anychance i request...any fellow UE-11 pro to post some picture of them in your ear? because i think i have some fit issues~
frown.gif

also....hmmm without music playing.....i'm not suppose to hear myself typing right? or water running from the tab....hehe

Feb 19, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #1,578 of 1,600
Here is an email I received from UE regarding sound levels. Hope this helps. Really hope you got a good seal. I sometimes use the gel stuff Oto-ease -- to get a super perfect seal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry;spraggih
On determining a good seal, when no music is playing should I be able to hear everyone around me? (I cannot hear ambient sounds and voices are lower, a little muffled but not non-existent at normal talking levels).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate Ears
In regards to the isolation you will receive a -25db’s. This is the same filling as when the silicone goo was in your ears or when you place your index finger inside of your ear canals. It does not completely close you off to the outside ambience but does muffle it quite a bit.

Feb 19, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #1,579 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by spraggih /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is an email I received from UE regarding sound levels. Hope this helps. Really hope you got a good seal. I sometimes use the gel stuff Oto-ease -- to get a super perfect seal.

Thank you very much! The info is very useful! Then now i must go do another
ear impressions to send it back for a fix. Anychance you can tell me...whether did the bitblock at the front teeth like in the UE demo videos? or...the audiologist put it at the back of ur teeth....inside ur mouth? ^___^
i just wana make sure...hahha cus everytime it cost $30 for impressions , hehe

Feb 19, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #1,580 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiyako /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you very much! The info is very useful! Then now i must go do another
ear impressions to send it back for a fix. Anychance you can tell me...whether did the bitblock at the front teeth like in the UE demo videos? or...the audiologist put it at the back of ur teeth....inside ur mouth? ^___^
i just wana make sure...hahha cus everytime it cost $30 for impressions , hehe

when i did the ear impression , i opened my mouth wide open and bite the biting block (both ends) with the front of my teeth.
20251.jpg

just collected my ue11 today , the end result was fantastic. the fitting is awesome.

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #1,581 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by xcluded /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when i did the ear impression , i opened my mouth wide open and bite the biting block (both ends) with the front of my teeth.
20251.jpg

just collected my ue11 today , the end result was fantastic. the fitting is awesome.

okok! thx you! so you bite the....bit block vertically? where there's 2 parts to fit ur teeth?
and congrat on ur UE-11 !!! i can't wait till i get a good fit on them!
k701smile.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #1,583 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bit on my thumb while doing the impressions...
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 10:46 AM Post #1,585 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does any recall having fitting problems with their UE-11 even though UE did the initial impressions (everything in-house) as opposed to using an outside audiologist?

no fitting problems for me.

your ue11 slip out of the ear canal easily or what?

Mar 7, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #1,586 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by xcluded /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no fitting problems for me.

your ue11 slip out of the ear canal easily or what?

No, I'm strongly considering trading in my TF-10vi for a UE-11. I live fairly close to their operation and want to make sure that their QC is up to snuff. I don't want to take 10 different impressions in order to get the right fit; therefore leaving me without IEM for over a year or two.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #1,588 of 1,600
Quote:

No, I'm strongly considering trading in my TF-10vi for a UE-11. I live fairly close to their operation and want to make sure that their QC is up to snuff. I don't want to take 10 different impressions in order to get the right fit; therefore leaving me without IEM for over a year or two.

If you live close to the mothership then by all means make the trek to have them do your impressions. It is well worth it. Plus, you get to be right there where they make the magic happen.

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #1,590 of 1,600
Quote:

I'll head over there on Monday and get down to the bottom of this. I'll check out the demos and if they outclass the TF10vi then I might pull the trigger.

The universal demos sound very different imo to the actual UE11s. You might want to keep that in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back