First UE11 Impressions
Sep 8, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #316 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nailzs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do I want.... hmmmm... A 50" Panasonic HD plasma TV costs just a bit more then the UE11's....

Yea, but the Panasonic TV sounds like ass.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 8, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #318 of 1,600
From what they told me, they do the artwork last. The first thing they need are the molds, and the color -- from that they do the build. Art is done dead last.

Mine are fabulous looking!!!

And oh baby I just got the new Ipod Classic and Nano today -- they sound EVEN BETTER -- the audio is much improved with these new ipods and the UE11Pro just smokes on them!

i am in ear heaven!

Sep 8, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #319 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by random person /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what they told me, they do the artwork last. The first thing they need are the molds, and the color -- from that they do the build. Art is done dead last.

Mine are fabulous looking!!!

And oh baby I just got the new Ipod Classic and Nano today -- they sound EVEN BETTER -- the audio is much improved with these new ipods and the UE11Pro just smokes on them!

i am in ear heaven!

I ordered directly through a live person at UE - didn't use their webpage to order/pay (maybe a longer queue?) Got confirmation today that the impressions were approved yesterday and that they are already in production. (yeah!) The scheduled ship date is 9/21. Since I am only 60 miles from them, I know that Fedex Ground will deliver on Saturday and I should have them on 9/22. Now, the waiting begins......

As far as the Apple stuff goes - just bought a new Nano about a month ago
rolleyes.gif
but will wait for the shakedown to take place before I buy a new iPod after the first of the year...
blink.gif

JL

Sep 9, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #320 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
agreed completely. Unfortunately this is a hard call
frown.gif
. 5 year old boy is a little bit too extreme don't you think? but for teenagers I don't think there is a problem with sticking out though, because they adjust the drivers accordingly inside the shell.

Well, 5 year old boy is a bit extreme, but how about like a 12-13 year old kid? Reason being is I have SMALL ears....small like, a UM2 JUST FITS, if my ears were any smaller, they wouldn't. But they JUST fit. If I don't pull the top of my ear up/out when inserting them, they wouldn't fit.

I'm thinkin of upgrading in the near future to some customs, but I want BASS...LOTS OF IT. I've read the only way to get that in an IEM is custom. I was kinda let down by the amount of bass the UM2 had, in respect to how much I was told on here that it had. Granted it is tight and punchy, but I want MORE of that, lol.

I'm kinda curious as to how some UE11's sound on a Corda Move....hmmm...

I wish I could audition them....but dang, that's kinda hard to do, lol.

Sep 9, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #321 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, 5 year old boy is a bit extreme, but how about like a 12-13 year old kid? Reason being is I have SMALL ears....small like, a UM2 JUST FITS, if my ears were any smaller, they wouldn't. But they JUST fit. If I don't pull the top of my ear up/out when inserting them, they wouldn't fit.

I'm thinkin of upgrading in the near future to some customs, but I want BASS...LOTS OF IT. I've read the only way to get that in an IEM is custom. I was kinda let down by the amount of bass the UM2 had, in respect to how much I was told on here that it had. Granted it is tight and punchy, but I want MORE of that, lol.

I'm kinda curious as to how some UE11's sound on a Corda Move....hmmm...

I wish I could audition them....but dang, that's kinda hard to do, lol.

Well, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you the UE11. Custom is the only way to get the deepest fullest tightest bass response, there is no doubt about that. UE11 has an amazing bass quality.

Sep 9, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #322 of 1,600
So the bass goes down low...I know alot of people say a nightclub has bloated bass, but maybe that's the wrong kinda impression I want to give. I want PUNCH. I want to feel like my sig says, a nightclub on my head. I'll be damned if I drop $1200 on a set of headphones, and I don't like the sound and am pretty much STUCK with them (can't exactly sell them, lol).

It seems like a tough pill to swallow at that amount to just "give them a shot". Am I asking too much from an IEM to want earthshaking bass but crisp everything else...ala, a home rig/danceclub on my head?

Sep 9, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #324 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamboman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A UE SF 5EB might be what you want to try. It's relatively cheap and it has the most bass of all the IEMs I have ever owned. (almost 10 pairs so far)

You have the SE500's, as do I, and I find it hard to believe you think the SF 5 pro have the most bass !?!
blink.gif

While SF 5 pro have a good amount of bass, I's say the SF 5 pro is at most 20% more than a SE310 (which are bass ported) and probably 20% less than an SE500, and not as extended or detailed.

Sep 9, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #326 of 1,600
I also currently have UM2s...which leave a bit more to be desired in the AMOUNT of bass. I like how tight it is, but it's just leaving me wanting more...

Sep 10, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #328 of 1,600
All this talk about the amount of bass a headphone can deliver makes me want to jump in with another factor to consider. I own both ES2's and UE-11's, previously owned ES500's and UM2's.

First, the difference in all frequencies in a custom vs. universal is ENORMOUS. Okay, that's been said before.

Next, while the phone is perhaps the most critical component of the system, it is in fact a system. All those upstream components make a very large difference, especially when we're talking about high end IEM's.

A couple months ago I switched from a 5.5g Ipod with ALO Jumbo Cryo to a 5.5g iMod with an ALO Jumbo Cryo X Silver cable. This was a huge difference! Speaking of the bass only, it got much bigger, much tighter, much more realistic. (Everything else got dramatically better as well.)

Source matters!

Since my UE-11's arrived I've been doing quite a bit of amp sampling. I plan on doing a more thorough review in a few weeks when I have some more burn in (and time), but in general I've found the UE-11's (with the above iMod) have much bigger bass with both the Tomahawk and SR-71 than other amps I've tried. I expect the Hornet is equally large, but I no longer own one so I'm just guessing. For the most part, I find the bass too exaggerated, maybe even bloated with RSA amps. You may like this combo quite a bit. It is smooth, rich and very full. I find it mostly a bit too rich and full. Not always and not with all music (the Rolling Stones sound really, really good with the SR-71), but mostly.

At the other end of what I've tried, the new Move is actually too light for me (only have about 20 hours on it). This might be a great choice for classical, jazz and acoustic music, but I don't listen to this much on my portable rig.

Right now my all time favorite is a PRII. I've read even more glowing reviews of the LISA III, but I don't have one and (probably) won't get one, it really is not portable. The iMod and PRII with the UE-11's are producing the best sound I've ever heard from any system ever, anyplace. (For reference my home system would cost in excess of $20k to replace, it is a poor second to what this portable setup delivers.)

My point is that with IEM's that are so incredibly good at resolving, the potential to resolve/emphasize/deliver any frequency is present. UE-11's can be too bassy, too shrill, to light, too heavy, too whatever, or unbelievably perfect, balanced, clear, transparant, neutral, or whatever. I guess I'd have to say that they can deliver whatever you want, but you need to spend the time and money (!) on the upstream components to get there.

Oh yeah, it's more than worth it when you do!

Sep 10, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #329 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeBlues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My point is that with IEM's that are so incredibly good at resolving, the potential to resolve/emphasize/deliver any frequency is present. UE-11's can be too bassy, too shrill, to light, too heavy, too whatever, or unbelievably perfect, balanced, clear, transparant, neutral, or whatever. I guess I'd have to say that they can deliver whatever you want, but you need to spend the time and money (!) on the upstream components to get there.

Nicely Said, Second this!

Sep 10, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #330 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeBlues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All this talk about the amount of bass a headphone can deliver makes me want to jump in with another factor to consider. I own both ES2's and UE-11's, previously owned ES500's and UM2's.

First, the difference in all frequencies in a custom vs. universal is ENORMOUS. Okay, that's been said before.

Next, while the phone is perhaps the most critical component of the system, it is in fact a system. All those upstream components make a very large difference, especially when we're talking about high end IEM's.

A couple months ago I switched from a 5.5g Ipod with ALO Jumbo Cryo to a 5.5g iMod with an ALO Jumbo Cryo X Silver cable. This was a huge difference! Speaking of the bass only, it got much bigger, much tighter, much more realistic. (Everything else got dramatically better as well.)

Source matters!

Since my UE-11's arrived I've been doing quite a bit of amp sampling. I plan on doing a more thorough review in a few weeks when I have some more burn in (and time), but in general I've found the UE-11's (with the above iMod) have much bigger bass with both the Tomahawk and SR-71 than other amps I've tried. I expect the Hornet is equally large, but I no longer own one so I'm just guessing. For the most part, I find the bass too exaggerated, maybe even bloated with RSA amps. You may like this combo quite a bit. It is smooth, rich and very full. I find it mostly a bit too rich and full. Not always and not with all music (the Rolling Stones sound really, really good with the SR-71), but mostly.

At the other end of what I've tried, the new Move is actually too light for me (only have about 20 hours on it). This might be a great choice for classical, jazz and acoustic music, but I don't listen to this much on my portable rig.

Right now my all time favorite is a PRII. I've read even more glowing reviews of the LISA III, but I don't have one and (probably) won't get one, it really is not portable. The iMod and PRII with the UE-11's are producing the best sound I've ever heard from any system ever, anyplace. (For reference my home system would cost in excess of $20k to replace, it is a poor second to what this portable setup delivers.)

Looks like I'm going to be saving my pennies. If the sound isn't to my liking, I'm going to hunt you down, lol.

I've been on the fence of selling my iMod for quite some time, but I'm guessing it's time to see what it REALLY has to offer when I hook up some UE11's and a LisaIII.....dammit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back