First-time buyer - Sub-$100 headphones
Nov 11, 2010 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

PENGUINCARL

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I posted a similar thread in the IEM forums.  Basically, I'm looking for my first quality pair of headphones.  I don't want them to be too big as I want them to be fairly portable. 

The only criteria besides the price (~$80-$100) and size is that I want them to be good at noise-cancelling.  Or would you guys suggest IEMs that are better at that job?

Thanks

Nov 11, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #2 of 2
There seems no active noise cancelling cans would sound "quality", or at least in US. In UK I got a new pair of Goldring NS1000 for around £60 (RRP£150). It sounds nice (among NC headphones at £150) with a quite clear signature, good sound stage, sweet bass and less hissy when NC turned on. 

What you may consider is some closed, noise isolating foldable cans such as Shure SRH440, Denon D510, etc, or smaller ones like Denon P372, Audio-technica ES5, ES55.

In deed, you could have a better choice among IEMs as they provide much better noise isolation (but NC headphones could eliminate the low frequency noise, like the drone from a car or aeroplane engine, but IEMs cannot) and a more detailed sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back