First proper headphones-considering MDR-V6
Oct 14, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #32 of 32

Quote:
thanks for the advice! I'll try them out to see if I notice the lack of soundstage or the treble to a degree where it bothers me, I'm fine with a punchy bass though
smily_headphones1.gif

Try them with some binaural recording samples as well, like the good old Virtual Barbershop demo.  Here's a thread with links to downloadable binaural recordings: Legally Download-able Binaural recordings links

Binaural recordings are a neat test demo for headphones.  Some headphones do the binaural effect better than others.

My experience with the V6 is that they are poor at doing binaural recordings.  It's more than just the smallish soundstage they have.  They don't get the positioning and overall binaural effect working right and consistent.  There's something fundamentally wrong or messed up going on in the headphone.

The punchy bass part of the V6 is going to depend on the recording and the general sound profile of the music.  If there is a lot of treble in the music it will be harder to focus on the bass.  If the treble in the music is softer or toned down (like older masterings can be) then the bass can come through better and be more noticed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back