First pair of true headphones.
Nov 23, 2010 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Nauticle

New Head-Fier
Price - $250 max Canadian Dollars, including shipping.
Location - Manitoba, Canada
Method of purchase - I wouldn't mind buying them from a store but I doubt I got much chance of that, so anything basically with a credit card. Also no paypal.
Needs - Able to have superior sound quality in a wide variety of games, different genres of music including such bands like Muse, Rush, Nightwish, AC/DC and soundtracks. Being able to have great sound while watching movies. Also must be very comfortable since I will be wearing them for long periods of time and have the ability to last a long time.
I also use a Maximus III Formula motherboard so whatever sound card came with that is what I am using now

I have no clue about anything dealing with amps and sound cards so if I need something along those lines let me know, and please factor that into the price. If it happens to sacrifice the quality of the headphones I'll look into raising my budget if I absolutely have too.

Thanks for any help and post away.

Also I plan on going to Long and McQuade on the 4th of December so I am going to try and test out any recommendations that are posted here.

Nov 25, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
Price - $250 max Canadian Dollars, including shipping.
Location - Manitoba, Canada
Method of purchase - I wouldn't mind buying them from a store but I doubt I got much chance of that, so anything basically with a credit card. Also no paypal.
Needs - Able to have superior sound quality in a wide variety of games, different genres of music including such bands like Muse, Rush, Nightwish, AC/DC and soundtracks. Being able to have great sound while watching movies. Also must be very comfortable since I will be wearing them for long periods of time and have the ability to last a long time.
I also use a Maximus III Formula motherboard so whatever sound card came with that is what I am using now

I have no clue about anything dealing with amps and sound cards so if I need something along those lines let me know, and please factor that into the price. If it happens to sacrifice the quality of the headphones I'll look into raising my budget if I absolutely have too.

Thanks for any help and post away.

Also I plan on going to Long and McQuade on the 4th of December so I am going to try and test out any recommendations that are posted here.

try Denon d2000 (have a deep bass & pretty nice soundstage) or audiotechnika ad900 (have a good wide soundstage, bright hights & nice bass (not so deep as d2000).
beyer will be not a good choise for you , coz they need a good amp first of all & they are have overbass for me.

Nov 25, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #5 of 9
Hey man, I'm from Winnipeg so I feel your pain about trying to buy stuff locally. Brian Reimer Audio on St. Mary's street probably has the nicest selection of audiophile stuff, with lots of Sennheisers to choose from. Long & McQuade has stuff online which you can order, but their actual store has a rather meagre selection.

Good bang for the buck, maybe consider the Shure SRH750DJ

Nov 25, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #6 of 9
Another Winterpegger eh?  I had the perfect headphone before I sold it off in a local sale.  Long and McQuade has a really poor selection.  However, I'll send you off a PM.

Nov 25, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #7 of 9
Well I'm not a winterpegger, but a brandonite instead. I'm driving into Winnipeg for some family thing that I can't actually go to. Does Long and McQuade and Brian Reimer Audio let you try out headphones? If so I'll take a list and hopefully get to try some out.

Nov 25, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #8 of 9
The music styles you listen to, do ask for trying the Grado sound (SR225) but for the movies and certainly because you really want comfort, go Beyerdynamics, 990 in this case

Nov 25, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #9 of 9
Brian Reimer has a whole bunch opened at the back that you can try out. Rumour has it they even have an HD800.

L&M I think lets you, but ask first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back