First pair of headphones: DJ1s (:
Jul 12, 2012 at 5:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

rhcpepper

New Head-Fier
Ordered the DJ1s with the Fiio e11 and they got here yesterday. These are my first headphones, and the only others I have ever heard are some display models of Beats and my friends Souls (not very impressive for $300)
When I first listened to these things.... Oh my god.... I was blown away. I don't consider myself an audiophile and I don't know many of the technical terms, but it was just awesome sounding. I think the song I have noticed the biggest difference in so far would be Who Am I? by Snoop Dogg, I was hearing things I never even knew were in the song before!! But I mean everything sounds good through them, except low bit rate stuff. I described the sound to my friend with the Souls like this:

With the Souls, the songs seemed unclear and the bass was super muddy and just too much, I felt like I had to EQ every single song differently just to get it to sound nice and not even EQ-ing would help some songs. With the DJ1s I don't even have an EQ on at all, everything just sounds right. I feel like these play the music the way it was made to sound.

And yeah, I am super happy with these =D Now I am working on upgrading my library to all at least 320kbps which is quite a task cause i have 7100 songs and only 3600 were @ 320 with a few FLAC albums. 

So how loud can I crank these things without damaging them?? I mean, with the amp, just half volume is louder than I am comfortable listening to on my RAZR. I could use these things as freaking speakers if I went up all the way lol. So how loud can they go before they get blown out?
I am also wondering if doing a detachable cable mod would affect sound quality at all? I really dont like how heavy the coiled cable is and kinda want a lighter straight cable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back