First Impressions of Cardas HD-580/600 Prototype Cable
Feb 21, 2002 at 12:33 AM Post #46 of 56
Anticipation climbs.............

......still, already there's been a lot of info on these 3 cables: clou, cardas, stefan audio.....

Just reading a couple threads I think I already know which cables I want to buy for my upcoming HD600 upgrade. But, just to be safe, I want to hear what Jude's final conclusion/word on these cables is.
wink.gif

Feb 21, 2002 at 3:54 AM Post #49 of 56
If you did. I must have too. Just sold Red's. Realized how much they helped the Senz. I like the finish at the connectors at the headphone on the Cardas better than the Stefans. I know that doesn't mean as much as the sound, but it's still a $150 piece of wire.

Lextek
cool.gif

Feb 23, 2002 at 4:53 PM Post #50 of 56
Since my receiver recently ate my 1/8 to 1/4 jack adaptor on my HD600's (don't ask!) I really really want to get some replacement cables soon so I can see how the Senn's work with my new DVPS9000ES. The 1/8 will not work on the MG Head and a Radio Shack adapter in the meantime seems like a waste of money.

Cardas informed me today that production versions should be available at Headroom in about two weeks. Price is to be $159.99.

With the Stephans unavailable it looks like they are the way to go since the Clou headache does not appeal to me. Any other thoughts out there?

Feb 28, 2002 at 4:24 PM Post #51 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by franktalk
With the Stephans unavailable it looks like they are the way to go since the Clou headache does not appeal to me. Any other thoughts out there?

franktalk,

Actually, it was only the Vision 1 cable for the HD-580/600 that was discontinued. The Equinox is still available. And Stefan AudioArt just announced a new cable called the Nightpath Spectrum Balanced. I put a little tidbit about it with a link on Head-Fi's front page under the "Announcements / News" section.

Feb 28, 2002 at 7:16 PM Post #52 of 56
Thanks for the info.

I look forward to the final comparison on March 5!

The good news is that I've pried the 1/4 plug out of the receiver so at least I can use the MG Head with the Senn's.

Over and out!

Mar 1, 2002 at 1:23 PM Post #53 of 56
Well ****, now someone needs to include the Nightpath in a comparrative review.

Mar 4, 2002 at 6:44 PM Post #55 of 56
Hello. I sent an e-mail to Mr. Serdechny asking for more info on the new Balanced Nightpath cables and got the following reply.

"The new Spectrum Balanced Nightpath cable will not extend the highs more than the Equinox.

By varing the Equinox cable geometry - the Nightpath spectrum balanced formula will have a little more dedicated to the high frequencies - again not extended. By doing this the nightpath looses a little bass and soundstage. "

I hope this helps you guys.
It certainly helps me. I'm keeping my Equinox cables.

Mar 8, 2002 at 5:57 AM Post #56 of 56
Blah, Blah, Blah, .... when you guys suggested that you'd consider us, then you'd talk tol me to...............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back