FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Feb 27, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #1,411 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDuke990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you.
I heard that the HDP has a major issue (concerns only the first delivery or design error ?) but I cannot remember what is wrong with it.

The first batch of HDP had the left/right channels on the 3.5 mm analog input swapped, but the RCA inputs were not. Nuforce agreed to pay return shipping, and give a 20% discount to those few people who got one that could not be recalled via the shipper before delivery.

Feb 27, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #1,412 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by richbass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the HDP's DAC is better than uDAC ?
Is Dac and Headphone out better in d4 mamba than hdp ?
Thanks

No, I covered that in my HDP review (link to it in my public profile). The DACport is a little better than the other portable DAC/amps, but the HDP improves on that just a little bit (extra clarity and depth of stage). But many of these are so close that I wouldn't sweat the decision too much. I can enjoy the uDAC and D4 just as much as the DACport and HDP, and so could you.

Feb 28, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #1,413 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I covered that in my HDP review (link to it in my public profile). The DACport is a little better than the other portable DAC/amps, but the HDP improves on that just a little bit (extra clarity and depth of stage). But many of these are so close that I wouldn't sweat the decision too much. I can enjoy the uDAC and D4 just as much as the DACport and HDP, and so could you.

Thanks for the clarification.

Mar 2, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #1,414 of 1,841
I'm serioulsy considering getting a pair of AKG K702s, but always been put off by people complaining that they are very picky with the amp/source: So the general consensus is that the K701/K702s sound good straight from the uDacs headphone out? I really don't want to invest in a dedicated amp any time soon.

Mar 2, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #1,415 of 1,841
Sold out again. Just in case someone is thinking that we are playing some supply game, it is absolutely not. This is not a $2000 LV bag, it is a mass market product and we want to be able to sell as many as possible.
We will be able to take a small order (only 60 units arriving this week) on 3/5 again and that will surely be sold out by Sunday. Sorry, the next production of 1000 units will only come out of factory on 3/17. Arggggg.....

As a small company, we can only plan production in small incremental steps:
500, 500, 1000, 1000, 2000 or whatever etc ...
Misreading the demand (sometimes early adopters drive sales up real quick and then there is a big chasm before the next sales growth, if any) could be very damaging to the financial health. We are very careful and never had a single down year in sales, not even during the worst recession
smily_headphones1.gif
Unfortunately we exhausted our 1000 units production too quickly so we can only wait.

Mar 2, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #1,416 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by robjrock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm serioulsy considering getting a pair of AKG K702s, but always been put off by people complaining that they are very picky with the amp/source: So the general consensus is that the K701/K702s sound good straight from the uDacs headphone out? I really don't want to invest in a dedicated amp any time soon.

From what I've read the uDAC performs well with the K701/702s considering its $100 price. There is definitely still potential in those cans that the uDAC is unable to tap into.

Mar 3, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #1,417 of 1,841
Ok, i have a pair of philips sbc hp890 and want som better sound from my computer. A pci-card would be best but i'm going for a imac, laptop or itx-build. So usb is my deal. The uDAC fits my wallet and i think that it would sound better than my intigrated motherboard sound (x-fi "SupremeFX II 8-CH Audio"). Is the uDAC a good choise, I use spootify premium, flac and some mp3 files in various bitrate....

Mar 7, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #1,418 of 1,841
Could somebody please post a high res photo of the red uDAC? Can't decide if I want black or red
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry if one has already been posted but I don't have enough free time to browse back through every page of this thread so far...

Mar 7, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #1,419 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickdanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could somebody please post a high res photo of the red uDAC? Can't decide if I want black or red
smily_headphones1.gif

There are a bunch of photos at the link below. Many of them link to higher-res versions.

NuForce Icon uDAC

Mar 10, 2010 at 10:16 AM Post #1,421 of 1,841
Major Problem!
I tried to install this wonderful uDac on my machine at the office and it doesn't work! I have tried it at home on several machines without a glitch so it isn't completely broken...
When plugging it in it tries to install the necessary drivers. But I get this message: "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver SW". It also states "USB Audio Device - The system cannot find the file specified."

My machine is an HP xw 4400 Workstation with Windows Vista Enterprise Service Pack 1 installed.

I have tried finding any related issues via Google and also searched NuForce homepage for any drivers to download without success.

Please help!

Problem solved! Driver location was strange...

Mar 10, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #1,422 of 1,841
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry if one has already been posted but I don't have enough free time to browse back through every page of this thread so far...

I can't post a high rez photo but I saw both at my local audio store and the red one looks spectacular haha.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 10, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #1,423 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueberry77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Major Problem!
I tried to install this wonderful uDac on my machine at the office and it doesn't work! I have tried it at home on several machines without a glitch so it isn't completely broken...
When plugging it in it tries to install the necessary drivers. But I get this message: "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver SW". It also states "USB Audio Device - The system cannot find the file specified."

My machine is an HP xw 4400 Workstation with Windows Vista Enterprise Service Pack 1 installed.

I have tried finding any related issues via Google and also searched NuForce homepage for any drivers to download without success.

Please help!

Problem solved! Driver location was strange...

I would post this question in the computer audio forum. I'm a Mac guy, so I can't help, sorry.

Mar 10, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #1,424 of 1,841
Quote:

Cheers. Think I will get the black
smily_headphones1.gif

Res won't help you choose, your screen contrast/saturation/brightness will
wink_face.gif

The red looks a lot nicer in real life than on my screen where it looks tacky.

Mar 12, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #1,425 of 1,841
I know it's an easy to use product and all, but has anybody actually read the user's guide to the uDac?

It's about the lamest excuse for one I've ever seen; 14 pages of features, specifications, disclaimers, terms and conditions, warranty and return information, and it does not contain a single "guideline" on how to actually use the product; what a waste of paper!

For your "convenience", Nuforce has included a printed version with the uDac, and made it available for download; what a bunch of :hooie:

I suppose it's all about the lawyers these days, but you'd think they would pay a LITTLE attention to the customer
angry_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back