FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Jan 3, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #406 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
every time i turn my computer on the morning this needs to unplugged and plugged back in before it starts working. using windows 7, it installed the drivers when i first used it. was just hoping maybe somebody could help me out. also emailed support, but not sure when im going to hear back. thanks.

From Audiocircle's Nuforce forum:

Try the following:

Set the Sampling rate, say to 44.1kHz instead of 'Auto'

On a new tab 'Communication' or settings related to 'sleep', Audio volume by default is to be reduced 80%, change it back to 'do nothing':

1. Got "Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers" or in Win7 "Devices and Printers"
2. Right click on the "USB Audio" icon
3. Select "Sound Settings"
4. Select the "Communications Tab"
5. Change "reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%" to "Do nothing"

Original URL: Icon Mobile USB problem?

Jan 3, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #408 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by busyx2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From Audiocircle's Nuforce forum:

Try the following:

Set the Sampling rate, say to 44.1kHz instead of 'Auto'

On a new tab 'Communication' or settings related to 'sleep', Audio volume by default is to be reduced 80%, change it back to 'do nothing':

1. Got "Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers" or in Win7 "Devices and Printers"
2. Right click on the "USB Audio" icon
3. Select "Sound Settings"
4. Select the "Communications Tab"
5. Change "reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%" to "Do nothing"

Original URL: Icon Mobile USB problem?

probably better if you set it to mute other sounds than do nothing
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2010 at 10:57 AM Post #412 of 1,841
Just ordered the uDac in black from Amazon.

I am going to be comparing it to my Xonar Essence STX, specifically the RCA line out on the STX which I use for all my phones and speakers. I will use my Westone UM3X's for the majority of testing since they are the most neutral, transparent, and coherent of all my phones/speakers. If I can't hear a difference on these IEM's, there's probably no difference to hear!

If I'm pleased with the uDac, I expect to get rid of my desktop + STX. For my lifestyle, it just too cumbersome.

Jan 4, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #413 of 1,841
Just ordered one from themacgroup.ca.
smily_headphones1.gif
I think I've spent almost as much on my audio gear for the last month or so as I did on all the Christmas shopping (WA6, RS1, and now uDAC)...
eek.gif
Gotta stop this crazy spending spree... and may have to sell a few headphones/IEM's that I'm not using!
frown.gif

I was just looking for something light and efficient to go along with my secondary desktop rig (my main is the netbook rig), so hopefully uDAC go along with it well. I'll do some comparisons with my Pico DAC hooked up to my WA6 when I get it, and also try it out on its own with few of my headphones.

Jan 5, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #416 of 1,841
I just order a black one along with SRH840, hope I make a right choice.

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #420 of 1,841
Can anybody comment on this vs. the compass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back